NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Reviews of Mount Carmel Home

Posted by Caring68634950 June 13, 2015

I was extremely pleased with Mount Carmel. It was wonderful. It was nonprofit and ran by Carmelite nuns. My mother had her own little apartment. When she was sick, they would check on her constantly. If she didn't come out of her room, they would go check to make sure she was OK. They had lots of activities. They had buses that took them to movies and to other places. The staff were really wonderful. Their money was a little tighter, and they charged way less, so the food wasn't as high quality as other places -- just average -- and they could improve on it. It was old, but the care they got outweighed anything that was old about the place.

Posted by Mary105007750 April 27, 2015

We chose Mount Carmel Home for my parents. It is excellent. It's in our neighborhood. It's been around for many years, and it's got high ratings. It is nonprofit, and it is owned by the sisters of the Carmelites. They know how to take care of the elderly. It's more of a home environment and not a facility.

Posted by sweetwatermiller September 15, 2014

MY husband has special needs that could not be met at home. He's been at Mt Carmel. l love the staff, and the Sisters are so knowledgeable and kin. The nurses are in top of his medical needs. Hes made lots if friends. He has a vegetable garden, and he loves to play dominoes with his friend Nacho. I visit often and volunteer. I feel like family there, and my husband is happy and active. We are so blessed.

Posted by sonjoe July 25, 2013

My Mom has been there over a year. As soon as she went in other residents came up to her to welcome her and tell her how wonderful the home was for them After a year, my mom calls it her "adobe hacienda" and talkes about how blessed dhe is to be there. The sisters and staff are all very caring and compassionate and the cost was very reasonable. They definetly look after the needs of the elderly in a loving , compassionate way.

Posted by happygurl May 19, 2012
3.0

The first thing I remember and always will is the smell of the place, it was like nothing I smelt before it was a stale smell, that's the best way I can explain it. The decoration for me was drab and almost sad, I saw people in wheelchairs moaning in the halls it was very disturbing to me. The nurses seemed preoccupied with being preoccupied, I don't pretend to understand how hard a CNA's job is as it seemed very daunting. I feel the staff could have been more attentive and nicer. The food was brought out as you would see in a normal hospital nothing looked appetizing but they seemed to think it was what was healthy for that person. Overall I was not impressed with the place, it was my one and only time going and its definately not somewhere I would want to visit again. The facility seems to meets the patience needs and are capable of doing that. According to what I've heard its as normal as the rest of them and what I saw was to be expected

Posted by jjuice50 November 18, 2011
4.0

my mother stayed there before she passed , its assisted living community........!

Location of Mount Carmel Home