Brookdale Corpus Christi

6410 Meadowvista Dr., Corpus Christi, TX, 78414

Reviews of Brookdale Corpus Christi

Arnie2 May 16, 2015

I visited Brookdale Corpus Christi, and it is really nice. It is smaller, there weren’t as many residents, and my mom likes to have more staffing than needed. The place is clean, and everybody seemed to be well taken care of there. The staff that I talked to was helpful, very nice, caring, and understanding.

Louis7 January 09, 2015

We stayed at Homewood Residences at Corpus Christi for one month. The environment was lovely, and the staff was excellent. The residents were lovely as well, and we met a lot of new friends. Their apartments are excellent, and it was built and equipped for handicaps. If we had to go back to assisted living, that is still the place that we would go. They do have daily activities, and they would also take the residents out shopping.

Patty35 August 30, 2014

Homewood Residence was a nice facility. The room that they showed us, for the price, was larger than the one that my parent is actually living in right now, so that was good. The staff was very helpful, very accommodating and very knowledgeable. They gave us some options of things we asked about. They were very good. The residents looked happy.

Caring90866850 August 13, 2014

Homewood was pretty nice. It’s just that we were not ready for assisted living. There was much smaller number of people living there. The apartment was a little bit bigger than the other place but they are of the same company. They were very nice. The residents seemed happy. They have some activities and the food was good.

Donnieta April 10, 2014

I was impressed with Homewood Residence. It was a very nice place. The staff was absolutely excellent. They had a wonderful director. The rooms and apartments were very comfortable and nice. They had pretty much everything when it came to activities. They had outings. They had game nights. They also had exercise equipment. I would highly recommend it.

Caring81996150 March 27, 2014

The first one we visited was Homewood. It was very clean. The staff was very helpful, nice, and supportive. We had lunch there, and it was very nice. They had well-laid out menu choices. They had a nice dining area. The apartments and the facilities looked very good. I liked that it was a small unit and easy to find your way around. They had activities; however, the residents that were there didn't seemed to be engaged with each other. Their interaction, like in the dining room, wasn't really lively.

Caring72160950 October 28, 2013

Generally, Homewood seemed like a nice facility. The staff was very good. No issues there. The facility looked nice. However, with regards to the general environment of the assisted living versus the independent living, I just thought the environment was nicer in the independent living.

nel4kids October 09, 2013

We are extremely pleased with Homewood Residence. The staff is extremely professional and keeps us informed of any of our parents needs. They are extremely helpful beyond expectations. The apartments are large and well-maintained. I especially like that each apartment has its own deck and exit door. Most of the other facilities we visited did not have their own back door. We can relax that our parents are in a safe, monitored environment.

Caring69711350 September 29, 2013

My mother-in-law was in Homewood Residence. We chose this place because they had Alzheimer's care. She probably stayed there for one to two years. When she first went in there, things seemed to be okay. The facility didn't smell. However, when I visited at another time, I felt like the place wasn't properly cleaned. Overall, everything had been good in terms of care.

Dear concerned family member,

Thank you for your post! We value your opinion as we strive to improve the care of our residents, staff, and family members daily. I am glad to hear you chose our community because we offer a level of care that was best suited for your mother-in-law. I am also glad to hear that you were satisfied overall with the care your loved one received. In our Clare Bridge, or Alzheimer’s unit, we care for many residents with a variety of care levels. Unfortunately, in some of our residents cases, the disease has progressed to the point that they are incontinent. Also, depending on the resident and their stage in the disease, they can be resistant to care. I am sorry to hear that you came to visit your mother-in-law during one of these times. I can assure you the community is cleaned on a daily basis as it has its own dedicated housekeeper to the building. The care staff works hard to make sure all of our residents are as clean and presentable as possible. We also continue to train and educate staff on methods of care to be more successful in their jobs. Thank you again for your comment; our continuous feedback is an essential tool in our development. I hope you enjoyed your time with Homewood Residence, a Brookdale community.

Cathy Dabney, Executive Director

Diane31 July 29, 2013

The reason why we chose Homewood Residence is because they offer respite care and it was excellent. Everything there was excellent. The lady that I met, Angie, was the sweetest person ever. She took us around everywhere. They made us feel at home. I wish there were a whole lot more people like her. The place was beautiful. It was very clean and it really means a lot to us. It was spotless clean. The staff that was there were very cordial. They greeted us even though they never seen us before. They did a wonderful job. The suite that she was in was decorated really, really pretty. It really made her feel like she was at home. I like the place because the hallways were nice and long. She walks with a walker so she was able to walk from one side to other side. She can also exercise. There were a lot of good things about the facility.

Caring3638 June 12, 2013

Homewood Residence was one of the leading places here and this one I like the best. The facility was clean and the way it was all set up seemed pretty good. The staff that introduced me to the place was very helpful and very informative. It seemed like most of the staff working there were very friendly and nice.

Richard11 March 05, 2013

Very good facility with friendly, competent and caring staff. Food service and quality is well above average. Facility is well maintained and pleasant. Rates for services provided are reasonable.

jan_writes February 25, 2013

The beautiful facilities, good food, and most of all the caring staff makes the Homewood a first class facility. From the very first visit staff members have gone out of their way to help not only the residents but family members of residents as well. And that is everyone, not just one or two! We looked at several facilities before selecting Homewood. Finding one that I could trust to care for my parents while I live 600 miles away was scary, but Homewood has taken care of them with love, kindness, professionalism, and a generosity of spirit that surpassed my expectations.

Joe d February 24, 2013

compared to all the other independent living facilities we visited there was no comparison to the friendly warmth of the staff particulary "Angie" and the residents. I have told others it almost as if the residents are paid to say all the good things about their experience there. My mom is just in her second week and loves it. I am so glad we chose Home Wood over the others.

deglorious February 23, 2013

My mother is in Clare Bridge. It is the Alheimers/Dementia unit of Homewood. The employees are very caring and have such patience! The food is good and they really try hard to please picky eaters like my mother. I only wish the rooms had call buttons. But they go by constantly to check on the residents to see if they need anything. The facility is very nice and open. It is very safe for the residents and the employees do little extras for the residents--for example they paint the ladies nails. There are daily activities from baking to crafting. The dining room has tablecloths and cloth napkins. You can bring special food items for your loved one and they will serve them. There is a beauty shop on-site. They have nice music playing in the common areas. It is very clean and safe.

Caring441193 September 22, 2011

I am a professional in the region and have referred clients to Homewood Residence, in Corpus Christi, Tx, which is an independent living & assisted living retirement community, providing superior living setting & seemingly unlimited personal services, enabling seniors to enjoy a high level of quality living.

As one resident commented: "This place has it all, no matter what your need or interest. We can do anything we want & if we have a problem, they (staff) take care of it for us. My husband & I love it here & stay fairly busy, with all our friends, going on trips & events here. Again, we love it all."

From the comment above & other positive ones from clients, it seems clear this community provides "excellence", from its outstanding living setting to its superior services by staff to its numerous life-enjoyment activites & trips, residents seem surrounded by pure quality.

anonymousll June 30, 2011

Our grandmother is once again enjoying her "˜golden years' despite having been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. As a resident at Homewood Residence in Corpus Christi, Texas she now has daily assistance with tasks such as dressing, bathing and ambulating. We no longer have to worry about whether she is taking her medicines correctly or eating regular meals because the staff at Homewood makes sure that these basic needs are being taken care of. At our most recent visit to this facility we were very pleased to see how happy and energetic she was and even our grandmother's apartment was extremely clean and tidy. Since this was an unexpected visit it was rewarding to see that everything exceeded our expectations.
Whenever we have had any involvement with the staff members they have all been very helpful and kind. They are very patient with our grandmother, even when she repeats the same requests and we certainly appreciate this.

From Brookdale Corpus Christi

Brookdale Corpus Christi provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Corpus Christi, TX community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Corpus Christi can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale Corpus Christi is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Corpus Christi, TX community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Corpus Christi