Brookdale Magnolia

737 Magnolia Avenue, Corona, CA, 92879

Reviews of Brookdale Magnolia

August 17, 2016

By mardell170085

Brookdale is very clean and close to my home. They’re short staffed, but the ones there are very nice and very friendly. This one seemed to be the nicest for the price.

May 19, 2016

By Son of a residentZLYJH

My dad moved into Brookdale Magnolia over a month ago. We’re somewhat happy with it, but we can’t ask for everything we need right at this moment. They took us in at the very last minute. He got here on and moved in the following day, so they did the best they could. I can’t really give them five stars because there are quite a few things that need to be fixed. The staff people are friendly and courteous, but there’s one incident in particular that I was kind of concerned about; my dad slipped and fell right beside his bed, so he pulled the emergency cord that they have in the room and no one responded. He’s not hurt, just a little sore, but if nobody’s answering that cord, then there’s a problem. According to them, it was a busy night where they had some additional calls, and somehow they didn’t get to my dad right away. I don’t think that’s the case, so I can’t rate them highly. I think they’re OK right now and doing the best they can.

December 30, 2015

By Angelina7

Staying at Brookdale is like living in a resort for my dad. It feel like a permanent vacation. The place doesn’t feel medical like in a hospital. What I really, really like about it was the amount of activities they have. For example: they had a Halloween party that was also a casino night and had live entertainment come in from the Luxor in Las Vegas. We went to the party; everyone was dressed up in costumes, and the whole place was decked out. They had craps tables and poker tables with dealers. My dad joins in on the exercise program every morning. There's always something going on. They actually go on legitimate outings, such as overnight trips to Las Vegas. I want my dad to be able to enjoy his life there. That was one of my priorities. The other thing that I really like about Brookdale, one of my primary considerations, is that the transportation they provide has a lift so that my father can always take his mobility chair, his only means of getting around. I’m really pleased with it.

May 28, 2015

By anonymous106505350

Brookdale Magnolia was clean. They were very professional. Their whole dining thing was awesome. It was like going into a 5-star hotel. The apartments were very nice. I would definitely recommend it.

May 06, 2015

By Christi3

My father is in Brookdale Magnolia now. They keep it very clean and well maintained. The people are very nice and caring. It's a good place. The staff are very friendly. He has a one-bedroom, and it is adequate. He seems to enjoy the meals.

May 02, 2015

By JNB

We found a place, my wife stayed at the Brookdale Magnolia for a month, and now we are back at home. It didn't seem to work out for her. I think it is an excellent, very well-run facility. My wife had to stay in an apartment when she went there, and I had to spend all my day with her because she wouldn't want me to go and stay there alone. She didn't want to have the food; I thought the food was very good, but she did not care for it. She wanted her own special food, and although it was included in the price, she never used it. They had lots of facilities, entertainment, and exercising and all that, and she never used any of those. She just was not in it at all and only wanted to go home, although the facility was very good. If I had to search for a place for myself, I would certainly recommend this place.

April 28, 2015

My brother is at Brookdale. It is very nice. The staff is friendly. Most of them are helpful. My brother is in the assisted living, and he is in a shared room, but he didn't have a roommate yet. I think the room is very pretty. The dining area is very pretty inside, and they sit you with other people so you can be more social. He doesn't do any of the activities, but they have a number of activities that people can do. I will recommend this community. I like the fact that they have a bus because he has doctor's appointments, and he needs transportation back and forth. It is very helpful. Also, the majority of the staff is very friendly. However, sometimes he needs more assistance than they are equipped for -- like lifting. They don't have a lift, and sometimes I think it is a little hard for the people to lift him, but they are always friendly.

April 27, 2015

Brookdale Magnolia was the most cost effective for my mother. Overall, we are very pleased. They have exercise, cocktail hours every Friday, singers come in, bonfires, bible studies, knitting groups, and drama clubs. They have parties for birthdays and special holidays. They have field trips. If I couldn't go with her to the doctor, they would take her. It's very highly recommended.

April 10, 2015

I had visited Brookdale Magnolia. It was lovely and very nice. It was very convenient. It was right up the historical part of town, and it was just a beautiful place.

October 28, 2013

By Jacqueline7

Crown Pointe was wonderful. It was great. The gal who gave us the tour and actually told us about the facility took her time and showed us around. It was amazing! I would highly recommend the facility to anyone. I was proud to walk in there, was proud when I left and would be proud to walk my sister in there.

September 27, 2013

By Joanne16

Crown Pointe was a very nice place and it looked like everybody was happy and content. I felt very welcome. They had activities of all kinds. The dining room was nice, neat and clean.

September 16, 2013

By Susan66784750

Crown Pointe was really nice and we were really impressed. Everyone was great. The only concern was that in a year they raised the fees and if they raised it every year, we won't be able to afford it.

September 10, 2013

Emeritus is really nice. People are really great. Everything was nice about the facility, the building, the dining hall, and the rooms. They have activities like bingo and yoga. Grandma could just go down to dining hall and get her three squares a day and not have to worry about a thing. If she calls, they come and take care of her needs. I'd definitely recommend it.

June 19, 2013

By Kris1

Crown Pointe was an absolutely beautiful facility. The staff were very good, attentive and caring. The administrator was awesome. The food was good and they had lots of activities. My mother-in-law was quite happy there until her dementia worsened and she needed more care.

June 12, 2013

By Jeanette6

Crown Pointe is a little outdated and they are in the middle of trying to update everything right now. Rooms are better in terms of size and arrangement wise. The staff are very nice and hospitable. However, we are just concerned for my mother-in-law's well-being because of construction work going on.

May 14, 2013

Crown Pointe was a small facility but it was too far from where I lived. I liked it if not for the location.

May 11, 2013

By caring2780

I visited Crown Pointe just to get some information. The place was very nice and the staff was very accommodating.

April 13, 2012

By babuzini

From the outside the facility is very accommodating. The building looks modern. I did not particularly like the staff. They rarely smiled and they did not feel very welcoming to people visiting their relatives. Other than that they were great with my great grandmother and I did feel she was in safe hands. The room she was in was smaller than I would have liked as it would be pretty crammed when my friends brought there families to visit her. They never treated my great grandmother with any sort of disrespect, even though her brain had been affected by the stroke and she it was fairly difficult for her to communicate all of the time. I would recommend this facility to another person if they do not mind not having a huge room to stay in with a basic 19 inch television. The main reason my mother chose this facility was that it was about a mile from our house. We did not visit or tour any other facilities.

March 23, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Crown Pointe assisted living facility while searching for a place for our aunt to live in the area. The outside area was very nicely maintained. The grounds outside offered easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. We could see that there is also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics. The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. Residents can also tend the garden. The color scheme throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture. Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered, and they also have DVDs available. The residents go on trips to visit the many of Corona's art galleries and museums, eat at casual and fine restaurants and enjoy the many cultural events offered. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The residents here looked very content in this living environment and we could see that they were all well cared for considerate and kind staff.

Photos of Brookdale Magnolia

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: License #336426511

About Brookdale Magnolia

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Magnolia