The Palace at Coral Gables Assisted Living

One Andalusia Avenue, Coral Gables, FL, 33134

Reviews of The Palace at Coral Gables | Assisted Living

July 29, 2015

By Maria111054950

The rooms and apartments at The Palace at Coral Gables were very pretty. The staff that I encountered were friendly. The place was beautiful.

October 06, 2014

We were looking for a facility for my father, and we went for a visit at The Palace at Coral Gables. The facility is wonderful and very clean. The staff are very nice and very friendly. I like the way they treat their clients.

December 21, 2012

By MariaInMiami

I made a call to The Place and they would not give me the information over the phone so they scheduled us for a tour. When we got there we were shown around and the place was amazing marble floors chandeliers stunningly gorgeous. They had different activities for the seniors through out the day as well as different packages such as complete independent living or assisted living which meant a nurse would stop by to help with meals and baths. I was interested in the independent living because my mom is still able to care for her self but I did request a nurse to be on call to check her vitals at least once a day because of her high blood pressure and diabetes. At the end is where they explained the prices, it was between 4,000 and 6,000 per month!! If I could afford it I would in a heart beat pick this place but sadly my budget is only around 2,000 per month. After they have called me a lot of times to try to sell it to me but I simply can't afford it.

July 17, 2012

By dee3

Other

I am a caregiver for my mom age 86 and she has Alzheimers but still lives with me. I have asked about many facilities here in Miami. People all say that the Palace is the cleanest and best food and care. But it is also the most expensive.

June 23, 2012

By TarynDHolmes

The Palace has one of the most stylish and sophisticated assisted living facilities I've ever seen. It looks, smells, and feels like a place anyone would love to live! The staff seem to know the perfect balance between being helpful and being overbearing. My grandmother still feels very independent and LOVES living like a queen at the Palace!

February 24, 2012

By Alegre

I went to visit the Palace for my 75 year old mother. I first visited the website and fell in love it. I called and quickly made an appointed it. As soon as I walked in I felt as if I had walked into a palace for real. Very elegant, excellent service, friendly staff and perfect location. They take you around first and show you the place then they tell you about your options. They offer assisted living, indipendent living, and also nurses. I chosse the option for assisted living which would mean someone would help her with everyday choorse and also she would be check on by a nurse every now and them. Everything was ideal until they told me the price. Of course they save that for the end... its $4,000 per month!!! I can't even fathom the idea of paying that. That was double what I had in mind as my budget. Don't get me wrong IF you can afford it go for it. It's worth the money. But sadly for me $4,000 is more then what I make a month.

Photos of The Palace at Coral Gables

Services & Amenities of The Palace at Coral Gables

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Adult Learning With University Of Miami

• Home Sale Assistance

• State Licenses: 11968520

About The Palace at Coral Gables

Located in the thriving and popular city of Coral Gables, Florida, The Palace at Coral Gables offers seniors the finest in 55+ living. The mostly independent senior living community sets itself apart with top-rated services, food, activities and experiences. Although it carries a higher price tag than many senior living communities in the U.S., the community has also earned extensive awards from the National Association of Homebuilders for being one of the best senior complexes in the country.

The Palace at Coral Gables is luxurious living that includes assistance for common senior health needs population. At The Palace, residents have the opportunity to live an active, healthy lifestyle that takes advantage of the community’s amenities and commitment to compassionate care.

FACILITIES

The Palace at Coral Gables is a nine-story building with over 240 units. It’s located on Andalusia Avenue near the Miracle Mile shopping district in Coral Gables, Florida. The community’s floor plans include studios and one- and two-bedroom layouts. Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen, closets with built-in organization systems, spacious bathrooms with safety features, window treatments, a washer/dryer and a wake-up call system. Weekly housekeeping services are also included in the monthly rent, and small pets are allowed.

AMENITIES

The Palace at Coral Gables has a wide range of amenities for residents. These include a heated indoor pool with patio, aerobics room and fitness center, a library with computers and Wi-Fi, a theater, arts and crafts room, game room, beauty salon, wellness center and concierge services. The common areas and reception boast a piano bar and plaza. There’s shopping onsite, but transportation is also available for medical appointments, additional shopping, outings and church services.

One of the top-rated amenities at The Palace at Coral Gables is the dining. Whether you dine in communal spaces or in-room, the community takes pride in its food. Residents can enjoy four-course dinners, happy hours with appetizers and continental breakfasts.

HEALTHCARE AND ASSISTANCE

Although The Palace at Coral Gables is thought of as an active, independent senior living community, they also offer comprehensive assisted living care. An on-site wellness center houses doctor and nursing offices. Physical therapy, medication management, 24-hour nurses, hospice care and an emergency call system are all part of the community’s healthcare services. The community provides transportation to residents for off-site medical appointments.

ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS

According to resident and family reviews of The Palace at Coral Gables, activities and events are among the community’s biggest draws. The community offers a comprehensive array of events, activities, outings and access to hobbies. Some of the highlighted activities are adult education classes through the University of Miami, book groups, jewelry making, woodworking, foreign language classes, card games and nightly entertainment that includes everything from movies and bingo to lectures and live performances.

The Palace at Coral Gables also has special interest clubs and organizes parties for holidays and special events. Residents can also sign up for regular outings to local restaurants, museums and other cultural venues. There is also a fitness program with instructor-led exercises including tai chi, yoga, aquatics and a variety of “silver sneaker” classes. A monthly calendar lets residents find the activities that interest them, plus personalized alerts from the concierge based on individual interests.

Family and friends are welcome at the community, and there are several areas to entertain visitors in addition to residents’ apartments. Any family and friend events require reservations with the concierge, and guests can find self-parking or complimentary valet service.

The Palace at Coral Gables was recognized by The National Association of Homebuilders with the Gold Award for Best Independent Living along with 5 additional Gold Awards in 2014.

Map of The Palace at Coral Gables