Morningside of Conyers

1352 Wellbrook Circle, Conyers, GA, 30012

Reviews of Morningside of Conyers

Cason September 22, 2015

From the first time I visited Morningside, I knew it was the place I wanted my parents to call home. Now that 7 months have past, I know I made the right decision. The staff of Morninside are always very professional and meeting the needs of my parents as well as the other residents. Mr. Oree, the director, of the facility, has been more than welcoming to my family and the other residents. When I first visited, i was really impressed by the way he called all the residents by name and how he showed a true heart of caring. I recommend Morningside of Conyers to anyone who is looking for an attractive, clean and welcoming environment for their aging love ones.

Caring101010050 January 13, 2015

The staff at Morningside was nice. The location is attractive. It's a very well-kept place, and I have a good collection with the place.

Caring96031350 October 31, 2014

We went to Morningside of Conyers. The staff was very organized and very kind. They were also very helpful and answered all our questions. The rooms that we saw were very nice. The food smelled and looked good, but we didn’t actually eat there. They had tables, and it looked very nice. The dietician did explain to us the way that they fix their food. It was served very pleasing. They also explained that they did have some physical activities, TV, and church services there.

howdydoodi October 04, 2014

I was extremely disappointed with this facility. Staff was rude. Too lazy to give tours. Building is quite aged. Hallways were dirty and overall we were not impressed. We will NOT be moving mom here.

Scheryl July 07, 2014

I went twice in the afternoon to Morningside of Conyers. I think they need extra cleaning in the afternoon. I think after the morning staff goes and the evening staff goes, they don't have anybody that picks up, so that was the only thing, I would say, that needed improving. After all the activities are done and before the staff gets ready for dinner and bed, they need to do a little cleaning up. But other than that, everybody was so kind and sweet. Actually, my favorite director was the one at Morningside of Conyers. The management was just lovely. Morningside was the farthest away, but if it were the closest, and even despite there were papers on the floor, that was something I would have said to the director. That was the best, and that would have been my number one choice for my mom.

I appreciate your kind comments concerning our community at Morningside. We are so pleased to be your "number one choice". However, we must not forget details, such as neatness, and cleanliness of our residents’ home. We apologize that we were less than tidy when you visited. We consider this to be on opportunity for improvement of our service. Staff members share the responsibility of cleaning any area of the community that needs attention. We promise to be more diligent to this matter. We invite you to visit again at your convenience. Please let us know how we can be of service to you.

Deleda Wilkins, Executive Director, Morningside of Conyers

Caring86079950 June 17, 2014

I do not like Morningside of Conyers. I did not see anybody in the hallways. It just doesn't seem to have enough help in the assisted living part for me. I went there twice unannounced, and I could not find an attendant at the front door, or in the hallway at all. They didn't recognize me, and I went all the way through the building before anybody knew I had been there. Also, there were no residents sitting out in the main area congregating during the day. I went three different times, and everybody was in their rooms. I didn't see anything going on. Sanitation seemed OK, though. The building was a little aged, but it was OK. The rooms were very aged, but clean and spacious.

Thank you for reaching out to us; we apologize that you had a less than optimal experience when visiting our community. We do appreciate your positive comments regarding the sanitation, cleanliness, and spaciousness. However, I want to be sure to address the concerns mentioned. I am the Executive Director; I encourage you to contact me directly at your convenience. Our calendar has a full complement of social, recreational, and wellness events. Our residents contribute ideas for our activity program, so they are usually active participants in the events at Morningside of Conyers. Certain times of the day are quiet. Typically, after meals, our residents return to their apartments for awhile, and caregivers are assisting them in their residences at these times. Many of our family members make frequent, unannounced visits to their loved ones. I would be happy to arrange for you to have a conversation with one of our family members, so you may be reassured about the engagement of our residents in the active lifestyle at our community. Again, please call or come by to see me.

Deleda Wilkins, Executive Director, Morningside of Conyers 770-922-1654

applejack'smom November 18, 2013

My family member has been a resident of Morningside for over 5 years. We chose this facility because of the homelike atmosphere much like a studio apartment. The room has a small kitchen area, living room/den area, bedroom and bathroom. The meals have always been tasty each time that I have eaten there. The facility is always well maintained and there has been several updates in the décor. I have always had a good relationship with the staff and they are always helpful.

RenfroePartyof4 December 21, 2012

I run a non-profit organization with lots of children and we host parades for this facility several times per year. Fourth of July, Halloween and Christmas are our favorite holidays to visit this facility. We always dress up in costumes according to the holiday and sing songs or pass out candy to the residents. They are always so gracious and readily accepting our presence. They are always in the main living area ready for us to perform or just to visit with us. The residence love for us to color pictures for them to hang in their rooms. The staff is always so accepting of us and eager for our visits as well. Most of them can be seen singing along with us or helping a resident enjoy their time with us. The residents rooms are always neat and orderly. The same goes for the common areas as well. All residents seem happy and well taken care of. We could go to any facility in the area for our parades, but we always choose Morningside of Conyers.

july78 September 16, 2011

I really like the relationships i noticed that were being built between staff and residents. I noticed some of the staff members showing companionship and friendship with some of the residents. One of the CNA's was sharing a personal photo album with of her family with one of the senior residents.

Taylor1 September 04, 2011

the center was very comfortable and cozy. The staff were are helpful and friendly the each were working with patients individually and treated them with tenderness and care. Many of the seniors were playing bingo and eating jello. the center was calm, quiet and very peaceful. In fact i was able to read my book to my grandma in the lobby without any major interruptions.

From Morningside of Conyers

Morningside of Conyers offers compassionate senior care in Conyers, GA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Conyers shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Conyers, GA.

Features of Morningside of Conyers

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Housing extra: Private rooms
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $2,600/month

• Staff patient ratio: 10 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• Licenses: Assisted Living
  • State License(s): PCH002448

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Morningside of Conyers