Elmcroft of Rivershire

450 North Rivershire, Conroe, TX, 77304

Reviews of Elmcroft of Rivershire

February 23, 2016

By Karen B.1

We preferred Elmcroft. They were lower priced, but the rooms were much bigger than in other places. The facility was older, but they kept it up and made it look nice. They were changing some of the assisted living apartments to memory care. The programs were good. The staff was very nice. Everything was very good.

December 01, 2015

Elmcroft was very nice. I liked it. I felt like it would have been a good match for my dad too, but it was just a little pricey. It seems comparable. They have activities planned and meal choices. It’s definitely in my list of ones that I thought would be good for Dad.

October 28, 2015

By Stephen23

I did visit Elmcroft of Rivershire for my father. It was a nice place. It was a bit smaller than some of the other facility. The rooms were all in a single floor. There was a small dining area, not a restaurant style. There were a dozen tables, and the meals were brought to them from the kitchen, which was across the hall. They did have an activity calendar, e.g., crafts, boards, and games, and then they have established trips for the people to do things, like to a mall, and to grocery shopping. Rooms were primarily studios. There was a small sink, a microwave, and, of course, a full bath, and basically enough room for a bed and a chair.

October 16, 2015

By StayAWayFromHere

Other

Elmcroft is not a place where you would like to send your loved ones. There's rats that literally take over the building at night, and there have been many incidents where resents have been covered in ants. The food is terrible, the front office is EXTREMELY POORLY organized and often rude.

June 05, 2015

By Caring111944850

Everything is good at Elmcroft of Rivershire. They play bingo and puzzles. My relative is in memory care, and the security is all good. The food is also very good.

May 05, 2015

My father is at Elmcroft of Rivershire, and it is absolutely wonderful. It is very clean. Our experience has been great all along. He's been there for two years. It is a nice facility, but the staff makes the difference. They really attend to the resident's need and look after their safety. The food is OK -- not restaurant food -- but it is nutritious. They have activities all the time. They have people who come in, and they have sing alongs, play bingo, and go shopping. They have activities all the time.

April 17, 2015

By Tammy19

Elmcroft is small, and it has a good rating. Everybody has been really nice and helpful. Everything is really nice. She is doing really well. They do shopping. They go to out to lunch once a week. They have people come in and do church services. They have people and speak on different medical topics and health issues. The food is very good. The dining area is set up like a restaurant. The place is very homey. I will recommend it.

April 10, 2015

By Richard104769650

Elmcroft of Rivershire was very neat and nice on the outside. It does not look really homey, and it was more like an office building to me. When you go inside, it changes. It was more homey once inside.

August 26, 2014

By real_person

My mother lives at Elmcroft. It is a nice facility but there are problems. There is a large turnover in staff and the food could be better. We've had to make complaints, but they have listened and tried to correct things. The corrections don't usually last for very long, however. My mother has made friends there and that is one reason she has not chosen to move. Probably this is as good as it gets for the money in Conroe.

August 07, 2014

By Troy1

Elmcroft of Rivershire was in a very nice neighborhood. It was a locked down facility for patients with Alzheimers' so they wouldn't wander off. They had very nice people. Everything was good. The rooms and the recreation were fine. They were nice. They had activities like watching TV and playing dominoes. It seemed like a really nice place.

July 31, 2014

I visited Elmcroft of Rivershire for my parents. I liked that it was clean and nice. The sizes of the rooms were good. They had activities like bingo and they do shopping every Friday at Walmart. The girl there was very thorough. I didn't tried the food and nobody liked the food there. So, they needed to improve on the food, the staff had a high turnover and the parking was bad. I also wished it was a little cheaper.

June 27, 2014

It was nice, very clean, and well kept. The staff was very friendly.

April 11, 2014

By Leah7

We moved Mom to Elmcroft of Rivershire. I know that their staff is very attentive and they are very polite. They have staff members there who have been there for quite a while. People had been there for about five, six, or even up to 11 years, which is a nice stable environment to put an older person in. The facility itself is very clean and very well-maintained. Food was a huge obstacle to overcome, and these people have been successful with that. They were able to deliver nutritious and balanced meals that actually have flavor. They have quite a few more activities than where my mother was previously. They also have a large van that accommodates a power chair, so she is able to go to places that she wasn’t able to go prior to moving to Elmcroft. They bring in a lot of outside entertainment, whether it be through churches or civic organizations or just somebody who is an entertainer. They have a lot stuff for them to do. She is never bored. It would be nice if they had rooms that have direct access outside, but I know that is for safety issues.

September 27, 2013

By caring6232

My dad selected Elmcroft of Rivershire because he likes the facility. He likes it because it was small and simple. It had enough activities and the environment is happy. I was generally pleased with the way that they treated my dad and the way that they talk to me.

August 28, 2013

By Wendy12

My mother was a resident of Elmcroft. I love this facility. Everybody there was very good to her. It was certainly clean. She had a private room and it was beautiful. There was a little refrigerator in it. They did have activities for their residents. For me, I especially like the fact that there was somebody for her 24/7.

June 25, 2013

By SEllis

My Mother and Dad have been residents of Elmcroft over a year now. They are both now in Hearthland Village. Through their journey my family and I have been very pleased with the staff...they are concerned and very caring...the staff has been very supported thru the process as my parents many needs are changing. The facility is clean and maintained. The process is never easy, when the time comes... to move parents from their home but with love and support the staff has given the process easier to handle and cope with the many changes. God Bless the staff at Elmcroft...taking care of Seniors with many their needs and their family is a special calling from God...

June 23, 2013

By Caring soul

I have been at Elmcroft of Rivershire to visit friends and family only to find very unhappy residents due to management staff who is rude and doesn't take the residents feelings into consideration. Too many empty rooms...tells me something just ain't right. I wouldn't put my worst enemy in here. Too many residents looking for other places to live, how sad.

We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to take some time to visit with our Executive Director on-site to ensure your concerns are addressed. The satisfaction of our residents and families is a priority for us and we welcome all opportunities to discussed improvements.

September 26, 2012

By tphillips

This facility provided a far better experience than I had ever imagined. Because healthcare has changed over the years, I had not realized how much improvement had been made in the assisted living facilities. My original thoughts of any senior facility, be it nursing home or assisted living home, brought back bad memories. Hearthstone was extremely clean, even more so than some hospitals that I have been in. There wasn't an "old person" smell that is in a lot of facilities. The facility was set up to be "user friendly" as far as being able for the residents to get around in a safe environment. The staff was available without any hesitation to the residents. I was introduced to several of the residents while I was there. The residents seem to quickly become friends and help each other out in many ways. After speaking to several of them, I began to quickly realize that some of these residents had more interaction with individuals than when they were living in their own homes.

September 05, 2012

By SemitaB

I would love to know what professional would recommend this place for someone's loved one, I wouldn't put my dog in this place. We should have known with the first tour but it was the location that made us try. Always inadequate staff, rude, food is horrible, dishes dirty, promises upon move in are NOT kept! If your thinking about it don't do it. The best thing in this place was the salon.

Photos of Elmcroft of Rivershire

• Home Sale Assistance

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Type B

About Elmcroft of Rivershire

Residents of Elmcroft of Rivershire are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Our Vitality Club is a lifestyle-enhancing program that ensures our residents get everything out of life that they need and deserve.

Map of Elmcroft of Rivershire