Morningside of Concord

500 Penny Lane NE, Concord, NC, 28025

Reviews of Morningside of Concord

Caring107871550 June 01, 2015

My mom moves in Morningside of Concord over a month ago. We chose it because of the location. It is closer to my work and to my home. Also, they have a memory care unit where nursing ratio is 8 to 1.

They go on outings, go out for meals and go to different places. They have activities within the facility like bingo, chair exercises, and church. They have lots of different games. There is a beauty shop right there in the facility.

They are very receptive to mom's needs, and they tailor things to what she needs. Mom has a pretty complex medication regiment, and they are able to keep her on track with that. Actually, she is doing more there than she can at home as far as getting up, getting dressed, and being more independent, but they are there to assist her as well. They take her to her doctors appointments, and that is included in the admission fee. There are three meals and snacks available. Mom gets the menu each week, and she gets to make her choice.

Caring103794450 April 27, 2015

Morning Side was a very nice facility. It was very clean and very friendly. The person who showed us around was very knowledgeable. They had another section for people that had Alzheimer’s. They had different sizes of suites that we could get. However, the price was out of the question at this time. They had a nice kitchen, a dining area, music, and entertainment for the people. They played board games and cards.

Caring101552250 February 11, 2015

Morningside seemed like a nice place, but the living quarters were so little. The staff who assisted me was really nice. I like that they have an inside courtyard so the people could go outside, and they do have outings.

Thank you for your recent visit! We are pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and our community to be a nice place overall! We do recognize that a move from an individual residence to an apartment may initially feel like a smaller space, but find that our residents are quick to start enjoying having many comfortable and spacious living areas (including the interior courtyard you liked), as an extension of their new, cozier living quarters. Our residents that have had this same concern in the beginning share with us that with a full schedule of activities, events, and outings their apartments are more of a sleeping area, and the community is where they LIVE! We thank you for your feedback, your visit, and an opportunity to gain additional guest perspective.

jesuscoming August 15, 2014

I visited Morningside of Concord because it was close to me. It was a nice place. They had a few rooms, but my dad would have to buy his own furniture and it was $2,000 a month, which he can't afford. I didn't try their food, but they did have a nice menu. What I like about Morningside is that it wasn't a typical assisted living place; it was almost like a retirement home. It was nice. I would recommend this place to others if they could afford it.

Amar A La Esposa August 27, 2013

We have visited Morningside for my husband. This place was pretty, clean and well-kept. It was a very nice facility. They came to see my husband in the hospital to determine if he would fit into their special care program; however, they decided that they can't take him in. They just didn't want him for some reason or another. It was too bad because I liked for my husband to go into this facility because it was near our home.

Sherry8508 August 07, 2013

Morningside was very nice. The people were very friendly. The rooms were very nice, clean and it had plenty of room. The food looked and smelled very good but I was not able to try it. The residents were very happy.

Wayne53 April 27, 2013

My mother is a resident at Morningside and loves it. She loves the staff and every time I visit I leave knowing she is in a place that provides her with everything she needs. As a son I like to see the same consistent staff when visiting mom from the management team to every department. I always see the same smiling faces. I would highly recommend Morningside to anyone who wants to leave the care giving to the experts. They are wonderful!!

Bill&Brenda April 22, 2013

My mother currently lives in this community. She now considers Morningside her home. She is very well taken care of and adores the staff all the way from the caregivers to the housekeepers. She tells me she feels like the people at Morningside are part of her family now. She loves the food and tells me she feels like she is at a restaurant for every meal. As a son, the worries I had are now gone knowing that she is so well taken care of.

From Morningside of Concord

Morningside of Concord offers compassionate senior care in Concord, NC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Concord shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Concord, NC.

Features of Morningside of Concord

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Private dining room

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,250/month

• Minimum age: 55

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits