Montecito

4756 Clayton Road, Concord, CA, 94521

Reviews of Montecito

Jess Gordon February 15, 2016

My mom was at Montecito Oakmont. The residents were extremely happy, energized, and well taken care of. The staff was very positive and very friendly, and the wait staff was excellent. A five star rating applies to everything there, except maybe for the price. We paid quite a bit more for it; probably twice as much as what we’re paying here in Texas.

Denise32 April 20, 2015

I am in Oakmont at Montecito (Montecito Oakmont Senior Living). I like that everything is done for me. I have a beautiful 2-bedroom apartment with an outdoor patio. I have 3 meals a day here. We have a dining room where I can meet other people. There is a very social atmosphere here. We are having a pianist that will come at 3 o'clock today to play the piano for an hour for the community. It is very nice that we always have some kind of a musical concert once a week. Everyday, we have card games, bingo, or scrabble. Everyday there are activities for the residents here. We have a bus that takes us to doctor's appointments and grocery shopping. They do my laundry. The staff is wonderful. I consider everybody here family. All of the girls that help me treat me like I am their mother. They love me here. I highly recommend it.

The food is excellent. We have a 5 star chef in our dining room. We are very secure. We have gates all around the facility. We are on lock down after 9:30 at night, and nobody can come in unless you live here, and then you have to go to the front desk. It is safe here. I live with my little dog in the apartment. I have lived here for 2 months, and we haven't had any problems so far. We have a heated swimming pool, a hot tub, a Jacuzzi, and a walk-in bathtub. We have a nurse on staff here.

Caring70407850 May 30, 2014

Oakmont is congenial and it has wonderful assistance. My husband and I are in the assisted living, so we do have some amenities that they don't have in independent living. They also have something they call Tradition, which is almost separate. It has every level of care you want.

Jackie24 May 22, 2014

Mom lived in Oakmont, but she passed away last week. We're very, very happy with Montecito. One of her friends was already living there. They're very, very cordial, very caring, and got to know the residents. We chose the facility because of the proximity to where we lived. It's beautiful, has wonderful food and caring staff, and is just top-notch all around, we felt.

They offered different kinds of rooms, from independent to assisted to memory care, so we liked the fact that there were options. She could move as she needed, which she did wind up doing. We thought the rooms were lovely -- simple, but big enough. We only have good things to say.

Pat81308150 March 31, 2014

I live in Montecito, and it's really nice here. It's a living community, and you may go with assisted living for quite a few more dollars. I don't like it here. The main reason is it is so far away from my family and friends. I was in San Francisco for the last 35 years, and people don't want to drive this far to see me. It seems that when I was in the city, I had constant people coming, and here, I'm very lonely. It's my only complaint because the people here are very nice. The grounds are beautiful, they keep them up, and I've made some friends.

It's a 1-bedroom, and it has a little kitchen and one little bathroom. It has a fair-sized bedroom and a fair-sized living room. It's clean and it's OK. The food is fair, but I am a gourmet cook, so I can't appreciate it like other people do. I know that they work hard, and they do have a varied menu. They have something going on all the time: cards, other games, movies. They have a bus and a person who will take you some places once in a while.

Shelley6 January 18, 2014

I am very pleased with Oakmont. The facility itself is immaculate and very clean. The staff is very sweet. The people are very friendly. The food is good. There are a lot of activities. I have nothing bad to say about it. They have everything that I want.

TEEGS00 August 27, 2012

After my grand father passed, our family thought it best to have grandma live in a facility. The staff is amazing! We live outside of California, but I am in contact with this facility at least once a week. While visiting, I see the interaction between the staff and residents. The staff is always helpful and seems to genuinely care. There is an inhouse cafeteria and the food is ALOT better than I expected. Beer and wine is served for residents.

From Montecito

Oakmont of Montecito is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views and a variety of engaging activities. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, and entertainment.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our spa, private movie theater, swimming pool, and lovely grounds. If you ever need additional care, we offer assisted living and memory care services right within our community. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better.

Features of Montecito

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms