Sunrise on the Scioto

3500 Riverside Drive, Columbus, OH, 43221

Reviews of Sunrise on the Scioto

December 27, 2014

I visited Sunrise on the Scioto for my wife and I. I like Sunrise. It is not as big; it's much smaller. The people were very nice. I would certainly recommend it because it may not have been as glamorous as the other facility, but it was certainly very nice. I found the staff to be knowledgeable and willing to be of whatever service that you need. They were excellent in how they treated me. They took me through everything I wanted to see. Anything I wanted to see was fine. They must have spent at least an hour and a half with me walking through the building, talking about the facility, and explaining things to me. At one room, they were singing along with someone playing an instrument. The facility was older. It wasn't as modern as the other facility, but it was a magnificent old building. It was impressive in that the antiquity of it was kind of charming.

October 10, 2014

By Commenter

The facility is inviting and the office staff is pleasant. The reception area is very nice. Sunrise on Scioto has undergone significant turnover at all levels over the past years. This has negatively impacted the ability of this facility to provide a consistent level of care and attention to each resident. If you are considering this facility, ask about the actual staff to resident ratio (daytime, night, and weekends). Visit the dementia floor since these residents require the highest and most-taxing level of attention and, at the same time, are at the highest risk. If possible, talk to family members of residents if you happen to see them during your visit. There apparently is a doctor available to the facility, but that option has not been always reliable. The reality of life is that the elderly progress from being fairly mobile and alert with only limited needs for assistance and, over the years, progress rapidly to being immobile and requiring 100% assistance with toiletry and eating. The ability to attract and retain employees with the required skill-set, disposition, and dedication to work with these most-needful residents must be difficult; however, that is the level of care which you are paying for and should expect. I encourage the director and managers to walk the halls of every floor at least once a day and engage the residents and staff. I have met some truly wonderful dedicated staff at Scioto and appreciate their work ethic. I hope their enthusiasm and dedication spreads throughout the facility.

Thank you for your review. We’d like to learn more specifics about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com . Thank you, Sunrise Team

September 24, 2014

Sunrise was clean, and it had a good view. I’ve had some friends there. The staff was knowledgeable. It was a bigger community and the rooms were fine.

February 11, 2014

By scurtner

My mom has been there about 5 months. It is a very well maintained and well run facility. She is happy there and That is what matters. She is happy .

August 15, 2013

By Caring 9262

I'm living in Sunrise on The Scioto in their assisted living facility. It is a very nice place. What I like best about this facility is that it is close to my family. Also their staff is very nice and the food is great. I just like it here.

June 23, 2013

By Kathi2

We visited Sunrise at The Scioto for my mother-in-law. They claimed that it was independent but it was more of an assisted living facility. Everything about it was not what we're looking for. The staff was nice, but the rooms were too small. They only had a dorm-sized refrigerator inside the bedroom and there was no kitchen. We were looking for an apartment that had a kitchen area. It just wasn't what we're looking for.

June 25, 2012

By Volunteer/Friend

My experience with Sunrise was generally positive. The facility was very clean and bright there were multiple areas where the residents could engage in activities, including a snack bar and a craft area, and the facility frequently had special events such as entertainers who played piano or sang for the group. There were nice decorations and flowers / plants, and in general the atmosphere was quite welcoming. However, assisted living facilities can be overwhelming at times, because there are so many elderly people who seem to be in pain or depressed. In particular, when I was volunteering I accidentally got off the elevator on the wrong floor and ended up in the Alzheimer's wing which was a bit distressing because one individual kept yelling, "help me" and other individuals were walking back and forth down the hallway. I think it's a good idea that there was a separate area for these patients, but still, I felt maybe they were understaffed or something because it seemed chaotic. That said, the residents on the other floors seemed very calm and generally content, though not all of them seemed happy. In conclusion, the facilities and amenities seemed excellent, but the agency may have been slightly understaffed.

November 02, 2011

By charman

Sunrise on the Scioto is absolutely wonderful. My mother was stayed here for three months and enjoyed her stay. The staff is very kind and courteous, and always there to assist when help help is needed. the nursers and the rest of the staff are very informed and knowledgeable. The amenities are great, they have a nice kitchen and dining hall, good food, and plenty of activities to stay involved in. The facilities are well kept and extremely nice. Overall this place is great,if you are looking for a place, this is a wonderful option.

Photos of Sunrise on the Scioto

Features of Sunrise on the Scioto

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Kosher

About Sunrise on the Scioto

Sunrise on the Scioto sits on the Scioto River near Hilliard, Grandview and Dublin, Ohio and close to the Lane Avenue Shopping Center. Our beautiful Victorian mansion is situated right in the heart of Upper Arlington, with a scenic river view. We pride ourselves on our heart to serve seniors, our personalized services, our friendly and home-like environment and our community involvement.

Services and Care Options Offered at Sunrise on the Scioto: - Assisted Living - Alzheimer's Care - Hospice Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat.

Map of Sunrise on the Scioto