Brookdale Westerville

6377 Cooper Road, Columbus, OH, 43231

Reviews of Brookdale Westerville

Caring412351496261 October 09, 2013

Sterling House has assisted living and memory care. It's a small facility but very clean and well-taken care of. They have nice rooms. I saw a room with very large closet and pretty good-sized bathroom and another room where the bed and the living area were. I've talked to some of the residents and they're very happy there. They did have activities going on with the people. The community did have a lot of staff and they seemed to be pretty friendly. We also went into their memory care, which was a lockdown unit. I was really impressed with it because they did have a lot of staff for their memory care residents. They only have nine residents but they have two aides to one at all times. Overall, Sterling House is a great community!

Terry13 August 01, 2013

We chose Sterling House of Westerville because of its size and the caring staff that I met prior to the decision. It is not so large that it would be hard for an older person to adjust to. The building is well cared for and the living facility seems to be nice. They are able to maintain it in a very good condition. It has an interior courtyard so that people could go outside in a secure environment. My mother got a one-bedroom apartment, which is next to the largest one that they have available and it is very spacious. They have individual and group activities every day. They have published calendar that they send out monthly to the family and the residents. They have arts and crafts, they do bingo, they have hangman, they watch television together. The general living room space are well and put to good use by variety of activities. The only thing that I don't like particularly well is that they, for good reasons, have limited access. You have to ring the bell to be admitted to the facility even if you are a residents there is no immediate access on either entering or exiting the facility on your own. Someone has to come and do that for you. The food does lack some creativity and could be improved upon. But I am happy with where my mom is right now and my mom is also happy. I recommend them to others.

reviewer198778 September 13, 2012

THe staff was very kind and courteous, the look and feel of the facility was pretty decent. Didnt see a lot of activities to keep the residents engaged

Velegar May 31, 2012

The facility could have been better, but it was very great. There was a few rooms for the residents to go and have fun in. This is where caroling took place and the residents reacted very well. The residents seemed happy and this made me think the facility and workers may have been fairly nice. There was a smell that could have been better taken care of in the facility. Overall, it was really great though. We went around and sang to residents in their rooms as well and the rooms were nice. The food was good as well. The facility was pretty wonderful.

toylise April 05, 2012

My grandmother was a resident of this facility I felt thta the amenties of this property were top notch. In the process of trying to find an assisted living center for her we felt extremely guilty in not being able to car efor her ourselves. However upon visiting this facility we were put at ease to find that she was in great care.The amenities included several things such as a beauty shop, laundry service, library, and even an ice cream shop. My grandmother loved ice cream so it was definitely a great selling point. One drawback I would say is that the units are sort of small for the price. But the caare and service the staff provides is top notch. SO i mostly definitely would say the cost is derived from the amenities and the staff.

GuiCyber June 30, 2011

My family decided to admit my Grandmother to the Sterling House of Westerville last year after she suffered a major stroke and was no longer able to take care of herself. After countless visits to the home, I became very familiar with the facility and got to know many of the staff members by name.

Sterling has a fairly pleasant environment; the facility was always clean and the temperature seemed consistent and well regulated. One thing that bothered me, however, was the hospital-type-feel that was immediately evident upon entering. The building smells and looks like a hospital- even the staff are dressed like hospital employees. Nonetheless the staff was always very nice and helpful with my Grandmother. The food was also surprisingly very good- I ate there myself on several occasions and had a good, well balanced meal each time. Over all I would give Sterling House of Westerville a 3 Star Rating.

four June 24, 2011

I just recently had a tour of the Sterling House of Westerville in Columbus. They offer really great programs to their residents, including Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Sterling House of Westerville is beautifully built and deigned, I really liked the interior setup. It's cozy, comfortable, and neatly cleaned. During my tour, I had the opportunity to speak with some of the residents here. They all said that they enjoy every day at Sterling House of Westerville, and that they wouldn't want to live elsewhere. One resident mentioned the dining is similar to a dinner on a beautiful cruise.

From Brookdale Westerville

Brookdale Westerville provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Westerville

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Secured community with keypad entry

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Minimum age: 60

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Westerville