Brookdale Chestnut Hill

5055 Thompson Road, Columbus, OH, 43230

Reviews of Brookdale Chestnut Hill

Stephanie36 October 24, 2015

Brookdale would be the place that I would’ve chosen for my dad because it was really nice. The staff was really nice and gave us Cheryl’s Cookies. They had an elevator, which was nice because my dad has trouble walking sometimes. The model apartments we saw and all the different amenities were nice, too. They took us to an activity room and showed us the list of all the different things that Dad could be involved in. We thought that was really cool. They have a chapel in the building, which is really nice for him to have Sunday service. There was also a guest apartment for people coming from out of town, so there’s a place for them to stay. It was amazing because the guy who assisted us was a veteran and my dad is a veteran, too, so he gave us feedback about different funding that was available through organizations like Veteran’s Angels. It was really helpful to have him during the tour. He also lived on the property, so he was able to give us his own personal feedback from having lived there with his wife.

Caring104799350 April 27, 2015

I visited Chestnut Hill (Emeritus at Chestnut Hill). The location was nice. It was close to me and to my mom. So, it was quite comfortably in between us. The staff was very helpful. She helped us with the problem we were having, and she was very knowledgeable.

Caring104583550 April 20, 2015

We are putting our loved one in Emeritus at Chestnut Hill. I like the layout of the place. It is nice and spacey. It is on one floor. It has a nice big nurse station, and they seem really nice. They seem like they will be nice people. The bathrooms in the rooms are a nice size. It is just a studio that has a big picture window.

We have a good visit there. They have different entertainers come in. They do exercise aerobics in their chairs and different things like that.

Caring97243950 December 05, 2014

Emeritus at Chestnut Hill had activities, but there were a number of people in the living room lounge area; some were conversing, some were watching TV, and some were just kind of sitting. The rooms were fine. The staff was friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

Linda96637750 October 27, 2014

My mother is currently at Emeritus at Chestnut Hill. We choose it because it is close to where she lives. The staff is helpful and accommodating. The rooms are nice, spacious and well maintained. The first day we moved her, they invited the whole family to eat there in a conference room setting and the food is good. They have activities like bingo, Wii, exercises and they take them out to activities. I like that everyone is so friendly and she gets along well with people.

Caring3305 September 23, 2014

My father previously stayed in Emeritus at Chestnut Hill. It’s been up and down. For a while, I wasn’t sure if I was going to have him stay there or not. The nurses have been very good. The assistants or the aides have been my area of concern; I believe that they are understaffed. They have situations where he has pushed his call button and asked for assistance and it’s been an hour and a half or almost two hours before someone would come, so I had to have multiple discussions and conferences with them three of four times before I saw any improvement. The room is comfortable but it’s another state that he needs just for him so space is not a concern. He’s been okay with the food. It’s not great, but it’s good enough. I haven’t heard a lot of complaining so that’s a good thing. They have a band and church services that come in, they’ll take residents out for a meal from time to time, play bingo, or learn new chair exercises.

PATRICIA2287 August 27, 2014

I did like the Emeritus at Chestnut Hill, but it was more independent living and it was above our income bracket. They showed us a one-bedroom, which would not do for us, and we actually need two bedrooms because we use one of them for like an office space area. They had a dining area and it looked very well-organized and people could choose what they wanted off a menu. The rooms were clean and neat. I only spoke to their manager and he was very informative.

Margieann1 February 28, 2014

Emeritus at Chestnut Hill was beautiful. When I went there, I met two personnel and they were lovely people. They were in the midst of redoing the facility and had already done the lobby and dining room area. There were a lot of people sitting and watched television. Everybody seemed pleasant and happy. While the manager and I toured, none of the residents came up and complained. However, I did not like the apartments. As you went inside the apartment, you went through a long room and there was a sink and microwave on the left. I did not like walking into the kitchen area, which was the first thing I saw. There was another room on the left and everything was nice and large. The room were pretty large which included the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom had a walk-in shower. I just did not the setting. I would have liked for the kitchenette to be separate and to have a stove. I did not like it that when you walked in the door, it was right there on your left.

Becky13 November 21, 2013

I thought Emeritus was really nice. The people there were also very nice. The rooms were very spacious and well kept. However, it was outside our price range.

Joyfull1 August 12, 2013

This was a facility that was so much like home until I could've stayed there myself!! I am looking for a place for my 81-yr old parents and this facility fits their needs perfectly! The staff was so very nice, and the woman in charge was simply delightful and quite informed. It was extremely clean, welcoming and very home-like -- homey! It is surely a top consideration for my sister and I before we commit to anyone else. We both enjoyed the tour, interaction with both residents and staff members and the convenience/location.

Dave\] June 26, 2013

I visited Emeritus at Chestnut Hill. The staff and the rooms were nice. They only needed to improve on the carpets because there were a lot of stains in the carpet which I'm sure weren't dirt but to me it wasn't very appealing. But overall, I liked it.

ricballinger March 19, 2013

Mom transferred from a nearby assisted living facility to Emeritus at Chestnut Hill's Memory Care unit in December of 2012. The attention and care mom has received at Emeritus is everything she needed. Dealing with Alzheimer patients can be difficult and trying - the staff has been excellent with mom - friendly, respectful and encouraging her to participate in activities and socializing with other residents...Since mom has moved to Emeritus she finally seems content and happy.

Regarding my experience with Emeritus, I am very pleased with the overall attitude at Emeritus regarding both residents and their families. It is a very friendly environment and communication is excellent. This environment of a caring and respectful attitude is demonstrated at every level, from administration to staff, and is very much appreciated.

b1118877 October 11, 2011

nice place

From Brookdale Chestnut Hill

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Chestnut Hill

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Religious services