Reviews of Arrington Assisted Living
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Plantation Pointe (The Arrington) has different levels of care. It is a nice place, and they seemed to care about the patients that are in there. The staff is very nice. My mother-in-law’s room is large. The food is okay; it’s like cafeteria food. They played bingo a few times, and they tried to let them do crafts and word games.
I am a friend or relative of a resident
We went into a lot of different assisted living facilities before deciding on The Arrington. A lot of them have a nursing home atmosphere or the facility itself looked like a nursing home, but this one is not. It looks homey and the furnishing in the mutual areas is very inviting. This is a fairly new facility – it's clean, upgraded and everything is modern. They're just wonderful and the nicest.
The apartments have a bedroom, living room, bathroom, a little refrigerator and a sink. But we chose the one large room. With that, we were able to have a queen sized bed, a drawer, a dresser, 2 recliners, a love seat, a chair, some tables, lamps and a bookcase. It's large enough to be homey. They have a dementia unit, in a separate area that if they get kind of bad they can go into. That's in the same building. My mother has dementia. Right now they can both stay in the assisted living, but if the time comes that she may have to move into the dementia area, then my step dad could still be in the same building and be with her every day. Besides the dementia area in the assisted living, across the road is the nursing home. And they also have an Alzheimer's unit that is very well known in the area.
A lot of places have different prices, they add for medical management, for cable and all stuff. We have one price that includes everything. Their staff is very accommodating, friendly and welcoming. They really enjoy the Bible studies and the church activities. The manicures for the ladies are like an activity, so there's no charge for that. In the beauty shop, they do a good job. They do a lot of bingo, card games and dominoes. Everything has been wonderful. I would highly recommend this place.
My loved one used this service
From Arrington Assisted Living
Luxurious accommodations complement non-stop activities, comfortable seating, expansive activity tables, and bright living room settings provide an at home atmosphere for personal interaction and relaxation. Quality care with extensive personal interaction make daily activities meaningful, exciting, and a learning experience that is looked forward to and cherished.
Residents enjoy tasty southern cooking, friendly faces, meaningful activities, and personal care which are professionally administered in a compassionate enviroment that is clean and modern.
What Makes Us Special
We treat our Residents with love and care like we would want our loved one treated if they were in a assisted living home.
Features of Arrington Assisted Living
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Guests can attend meals
- Guests can stay overnight
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- We charge an entry fee
- Maximum rate: $3,190/month
- Minimum rate: $2,270/month
- Minimum memory care rate: $3,265/month
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Pets: No pets allowed
- Minimum age: 75
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- State License(s): 824
Location of Arrington Assisted Living
Senior Living Nearby
About Senior Living
- First Day in Assisted Living: Expert Suggestions
- 5 Reasons to Take Your Pet With You to Assisted Living
- Pain Management and Assisted Living
- What You Can Expect From a Great Assisted Living Community
- How to Compare Senior Living Options
- Independent Living -- or Assisted Living?
- 6 Steps to Organizing Your Parent's Move (Without Getting Disowned)
Get Costs Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities