Oxton Place of Green Island

Overview of Ratings

3.3

March 28, 2016

By Caring loved one11

I liked the people that I met in and the look of Oxton Place. I thought the rooms were of a good size and liked the dining area. It's expensive for people at that stage in their life where they're living on their retirement and the insurance doesn't cover anything. They're way too expensive, but their working attitude was good.

February 23, 2016

By Caring daughter120801850

Oxton Place was really good. The only concerns I had about that one was that the rooms and closet space were very small, and they only have one caregiver during their night shift. This was a very small facility for memory care that was limited to about 12 residents. They only had one caregiver at night, and I don’t think that was enough. They have a beauty shop and a place for physical therapy. They were assisted living and had an additional unit for memory care, so their memory care people would share space with assisted living people, like the separate, big room for activities. All of that was really nice, and the facility itself was nice. They had outdoor parking and a covered area for drop offs. I don’t think that they had enough staff to work with the number of residents, and the rooms were very small. My mother and father would be there and that room was much too small for two people, but I liked everything else.

July 31, 2015

I'm at Summer's Landing. It is very pleasant. The food is alright. They have a good number of activities, but I'm not quite up to taking part in them because I'm in a wheelchair.

September 02, 2014

By Bud1

We chose Summer's Landing for my mother because they had good recommendations. It is close to where my mom lives. Also, my brother lives there, so he is able to see her everyday. The director is outstanding and very conscientious. Their cooking is terrible, but they said they had to follow some kind of government thing. They had two great cooks when I put my mother in there and the cooking was good. Those cooks left and the people there now are not really professional cooks. The food that they're feeding the residents is actually terrible. We are taking our mother to dinner at other places because the food there is not fit for consumption. The rooms are very clean and very nice. They're very good. My mother is in a smaller room. She has living room furniture and a bedroom. She has a refrigerator there. In terms of activities, they have church services. They have gospel singers who come in and sing old hymns that the older generation knows. They have games and Bingo. They take them out shopping. They have a bus and a van. My mom loves it. Someone comes and fixes their hair, their nails, etc. It is outstanding. The staff checks on my mom. They look after her.

Let Us Search For You

Photos of Oxton Place of Green Island

Features of Oxton Place of Green Island

• Minimum Rate: $1950/month
    • Minimum Memory Cost: $2500/month
    • Fee Structure Extra: $1500 One Time Non Refundable Entry Fee, $750 Non Refundable Deposit For Pets

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
    • Pharma

• Activities Extra: Zumba

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: PCH008720

About Oxton Place of Green Island

Like a quiet rustic getaway, Oxton Place of Green Island in Columbus, GA, is situated within a quaint residential community on River Road. Conveniently located near Peachtree Mall, Columbus Regional Hospital and St. Francis Hospital you are sure to find your new home away from home. Oxton Place of Green Island offers both memory care and personal care, which is complimented by unique programming along with the various amenities and supportive services.

The Director is a nurse so high quality care and attention is paid to Oxtons' residents. Providing the proper level of assistance to support maximum independence is the cornerstone of our Continuum of Care program. We realize that no two people walk the same path of aging. That’s why our clinical staff collaborates with both the resident and family to ensure that our Continuum of Care plan enables each resident to go on doing as much as they can, as well as they can, for as long as they can!

Map of Oxton Place of Green Island