Magnolia Manor of Columbus Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

3.4

February 23, 2016

By Caring daughter120801850

My overall experience at Magnolia Manor was very good. Unfortunately, I didn’t really get a tour because they do not offer the level of care that my mother needs. It’s not a secure facility, for one thing, which is important for Alzheimer’s patients that may wander, and they don’t assist with feeding, medicating, or that sort of thing. It was not a good fit for my mother. Other than that, the little bit of the facility that I did see looked nice and because it’s located in an older part of town, I didn’t think that it would do. It did not offer the level of care that we needed, but I liked what I saw. I wish that they would offer a unit for Alzheimer’s patients that are further along in their disease. I was impressed with what I did see.

Thank you for visiting. As you discovered, you visited the Personal Care community. I would recommend the Dementia/Alzheimer's care department that is located on our campus in the West building. Please contact us for that information. Again, thank you for your interest in Magnolia Manor of Columbus.Thank you for visiting. As you discovered, you visited the Personal Care community. I would recommend the Dementia/Alzheimer's care department that is located on our campus in the West building. Please contact us for that information. Again, thank you for your interest in Magnolia Manor of Columbus.

February 23, 2016

By Vanesa

The food at Magnolia Manor of Columbus is terrible. The rooms are nice, and I like the way they are set up. The security is good, and the staff is OK. They should improve the quality of their food.

May 13, 2015

By Sandy105675150

Magnolia Manor was a nice place, but I have not toured it as thoroughly as I did the other place I went to. The staff was very helpful. I went there to visit one of my step brothers. It was clean. I would put my mother there.

September 16, 2014

By ptckathy

My mother was admitted to Magnolia Manor in June 2014 for rehab. I could not have been more displeased with the care that she received while she was there. She was never gotten out of the bed and it was very hard to get anyone to come in her room when we needed help. When I would leave she would sometimes lie there for hours waiting for someone after she called the nurses station. Not pleased with the Physician care there either. Did not feel they cared enough to get to know my mothers situation. We eventually ended back at the hospital due to my insistence which was too late for my mom to recover. Overall not a place you want someone you love to be!!!

February 27, 2014

Mother has been in Magnolia Manor since November 2007. They have three facilities. They have assisted living, they have a rehab unit and they have an Alzheimer's unit. We live in Columbus so we knew it and it's affiliated with the United Methodist Church. It just turned out that they were the best for the value. It's all wonderful and there's a central nursing station. There were 4 or 5 wings that laid out like spokes of a wheel that I make it as 40 or 42 units in that facility. It is clean. They're just doing some refining or remodeling. They basically change the carpets in the facility when somebody moves out of it and it's fully staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and then they've got an RN available on the first shifts and they have what they call CNAs.

November 20, 2012

By Ms. Johnson1

Magnolia Manor had friendly staff members, but it also had a foul smell and was more so like a hospice than an assisted living facility. The nursing home provided several activities for the patients such as game and movies nights, singing fests, and church services. However, the overall condition of the facility was poor. The staff appeared to be kind and gentle, but the patients were depressed and seemed to be near death. Several of the patients smelled as if they had not been cleaned properly, and some of the patients had random outbursts of violence. The stench and drab decorations in the facility only added to the dismal appearance of the nursing home. I enjoyed talking with the patients, but I felt sorry for them because of the conditions they had to endure while in the home. My experience in the nursing home made me consider how the elderly were being treated in other nursing homes around the world. While volunteering at Magnolia Manor, I dreaded every day that I had to go in for community service. Although the faculty and some of the patients were kind, the facilities negative outweighed the positive.

April 05, 2012

By NathanW

My great grandfather unfortunately had to spend the last of his days at Magnolia Manor. I can say without a doubt that he could not have been treated worse. The food was of poor quality. The staff was at best unfriendly and at worse neglectful. I can understand why, they seemed constantly understaffed and overworked. On more than one occasion my great grandfather missed his scheduled medications. Worst of all was the stench. The place constantly smelled of harsh cleaning chemicals. It is a completely unacceptable environment for your loved ones. If I could go back in time I would have told my family to do their homework before choosing a place for my great grandfather to stay. They bill themselves as some great assisted living facility but they are more like a bad hospice. I would definitely recommend anyone looking for an assisted living facility in the Valley area to look elsewhere.

January 05, 2012

By Birchfield

I had a friend that was at Magnolia Manor. She was on pain meds and sometimes did not get the meds she was supposed to have. They have CNAs giving the medicine to the residents at the desk. There is only one nurse on duty during the daytime , the supervisor, and one at night. The food is not that good at times and the cleaning of the rooms could be alot better. If I had to go to assisted living I would choose a better place, if I could afford it.

September 30, 2011

By Bella1962

I was very impressed with the quality of care and supervision that my elderly aunt received while she was at Magnolia Manor. She was not quite competent and capable enough to live alone but she still needed some independance as alot of elerly so often do. The staff of Magnolia Manor always kept a watchful eye on her but did not impose on her privacy. The staff often treats the residents as though they were one big family instead of simply residents at an assisted living facility. I remember once when my aunt had to go into the hospital for an illness, one of the staff actually took the time to visit her at the hospital on her day off. You do not find consideration like this in these day and times. The facilty itself is beautifully maintained and very clean. Family is always welcome and often encouraged to visit the residents. Holidays are treated as such and made into a very special time for all who wish to participate. It is my desire that if I ever were to require assisted living for myself, Magnolia Manor is where I would wish to be placed.

August 01, 2011

By Elizabeth B.

My overall experience was not so well, my relative was not recieveing the care that i felt that she should have been given. The facility was under staffed and the nursing assistants seemed to be overwhelmed with workloads. In addition, during meal times i observed where the residents who were not able to feed themselves were being fed either extremely fast or cold food on account of not having enough feeding techs. I feel that when you are providing a service so precious that cares for our family members every extra step should be taken to ensure that the residents are in the best of care.

June 22, 2011

By TinkerEdg

Magnolia Manor is located in Columbus, GA on Warm Springs Road. The overall appearance of the facility was mostly clean and seemingly comfortable. Walking through the facility, however, I noticed the residents seemed somewhat neglected. Upon talking to some of the residents it seemed as though they were not being bathed properly and talked to with harsh (and rather profane) language. I personally know a few employees that worked for the facility as well who confirmed my suspicions of neglect to be true. In my opinion the RN's at the facility are Super. The Certified Nursing Assistants may need more training on how to care for elderly patients with dignity and respect!

Let Us Search For You

Photos of Magnolia Manor of Columbus

Features of Magnolia Manor of Columbus

About Magnolia Manor of Columbus

Welcome to Magnolia Manor of Columbus Senior Living

Magnolia Manor is a ministry of the United Methodist Church and serves older adults of all faiths throughout South Georgia. This not-for-profit Georgia Corporation was chartered in 1959, and it is recognized by the IRS as a charitable, 501(c)3 organization. Governed by a Board of Trustees, Magnolia Manor provides a loving Christian environment and a caring staff, ensuring the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents and their families. Services include a wide array of independent retirement living options, assisted living, personal care, skilled nursing care, rehabilitative therapy and specialized memory care. Currently, 1,100 employees provide care for nearly 1,300 older adults on eight Magnolia Manor campuses in South Georgia.

Columbus Personal Care is the perfect solution for the concerns you may have for your loved ones. We provide a secure and loving environment where individuals can be independent, yet receive assistance when needed. We offer a home-like environment to help with the transition adjustment that comes with the aging process.

"Retirement with Perks" is independence and privacy when you want it, medical attention when you need it and entertaining diversions to inspire your life. With staff on hand to manage your laundry, transportation, meal preparation and lots of fun activities you will be living the Life of Luxury. Experienced staff provide compassionate care in a soothing environment.

Services and amenities include:
    • Spacious Living Area
    • Emergency Call System
    • Housekeeping Services
    • Fully Prepared Meals
    • Complete Activity Schedule
    • Local Transportation Schedule

Columbus West contributes to healing and wholeness with a comprehensive program. Medical professionals and experienced staff provide quality care in nice surroundings with a cheerful environment.

Residents benefit from the unique approach of caring for the complete person. The commitment to provide excellent care and support extends to the residents, their families and into the Columbus community.

Columbus West provides physical, social and spiritual care for our residents. We maintain a loving safe environment, while preserving dignity and providing quality care. Skilled nursing care and specialized dementia care complete our continuum of care.

As Alzheimer's or other dementia-related diseases progress, we offer support in the form of education and pastoral counseling. Our trained staff provides hygiene care and three nutritious meals.

Services and amenities include:
    • Comprehensive Rehabilitative Services
    • Specialized Activities
    • Group and Social Events
    • Caregiver Support

Thank you for your interest at the Magnolia Manor of Columbus. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Magnolia Manor of Columbus