HarborChase of Columbia

120 Fairforest Rd, Columbia, SC, 29212

Reviews of HarborChase of Columbia

February 15, 2016

By Ivon

I went, and visited Harbor Chase of Columbia. It was very nice. The lady called us, and kept following up with me. She was very helpful, and very friendly. The rooms were very nice, and were excellent for my parents. The people working there were very nice. I saw them interacting with the other patients in the memory care section, and I thought they were very helpful to those people. The dining area was very nice.

November 29, 2015

By Pam116520150

HarborChase was a very nice and bright place with nice rooms. They had lots of activities and lots of music. However, it was too open to the public in the back. It had too much public access, so it was not the right place for us.

September 07, 2015

HarborChase had a really pleasant environment. There were things I liked about them a lot, and I thought their prices were good. However, it was too spread out for my mother because she had a mobility problem, and she had to do a lot of walking in HarborChase. The staff seemed knowledgeable. The facility was lovely. They had activities, and they had some art project going when I was there. They were painting, and it looked pretty interesting.

June 26, 2015

By Caring 2

We looked at HarborChase of Columbia, and we took mother-in-law with us. They engaged her, did an assessment while she was there, and took her to the foyer and played the piano, and the lady there was just awesome. There was an excellent staff with excellent interaction, and they made her feel very comfortable. But the situation is that her need became different than what they really could provide, and where they had one service in a very healthy community, she needed more. It was all very nice, the facilities were excellent, and the lady we met with was just unbelievable.

December 06, 2014

The Harbor Chase had a very small area for the memory impaired. I wanted more room for my husband to roam and to be able to go outside. However, the people were very nice, and the lady who showed us around was very nice.

September 02, 2014

By Deb19

My sister chose HarborChase because they had a room available, they were very nice when we interviewed them, and we thought our parents will be happy there. I was pretty impressed -- they were very articulate and nice. The people who lived there seemed to be happy. My mom’s room is standard. She has a roommate, it’s comfortable, it’s got individually controlled climate, and she’s got enough space. She is starting to engage in activities. Their care is not good though, although they are improving after we talked to them about it.

August 31, 2014

By Anna15

My father chose HarborChase. He absolutely loves the atmosphere. They have an outside space that he just loves. He loves everything about it. The staff is very friendly. They're very family-oriented. It has been a consistent staff. There is not a huge turnover as far as their work people goes. They are very knowledgeable on everything. Also the place is dog-friendly and that was a key factor. It was a must as a matter of fact. The rooms are just wonderful. He opted to get the smaller of the three, but it is very roomy. It has everything that he needed. The dining room and menu is excellent. If they don't like what's on the menu, they would be more than glad to fix anything off the submenu. They will serve meals in your room if you prefer, but they prefer for you to eat in the dining room. We thought that might be the case for my dad because he was more of a recluse and he has just loved it. He eats there in the dining room every time. They have just really brought him out of his shell. He has only been there for two weeks and it has been amazing. Overall, I like everything about the place. It is a beautiful living atmosphere. It is very updated and very clean. The staff is just phenomenal. They have activities galore. They also have things for my dad to have his dog involved, so that's a big plus. It is a very wonderful community. I would definitely recommend this place to others. My father is very happy there.

July 01, 2014

By Jaquars

This facility was wonderful in the beginning, all the people were so friendly, helpful and seemed to care. After my friend had been there a while, everything changed drastically. Unfortunately her family lives too far away and aren't there to check on her everyday. Her room is not cleaned, in fact, it is filthy, her clothes are not washed. Since she has fallen a couple of times and can't walk, they are supposedly checking on her every hour, which they don't, they don't have enough staff to do that! She has dementia. I (her family agreed) requested she get her hair done each week. She misses it because they don't even go get her, or remind her. The Dr. there is a PA, comes to see her once a week and doesn't want to dispense meds that her specialist prescribes. I could go on and on...... The bottom line is " Do not put your loved ones here, unless you can be there everyday" ! !

January 18, 2014

I visited some places and I would choose HarborChase for my mom. The facility and the staff are just excellent. I was not able to eat there but they gave me a delicious dessert. I like the menus that were posted.

December 27, 2013

Harbor Chase was good. The staff was very good and very caring with my husband. He was in full care and then occasionally needed help with bathing and dressing. They were just very nice. He was in a private room. We paid a little more for that, but we thought it was worth it for him.

December 22, 2012

By boser1412

The facility itself was nice. However, the staff had me questioning the quality of care my mom would receive there. There were a number of staff people just "sitting around" and the people I spoke to did not seem to be organized. I also learned that they have an extremely high turnover rate at the facility. The activities seemed okay, but the staffing questions are disquieting.

May 08, 2012

By GoGamecocks

My Mom has been a resident of Harbor Chase of Columbia in Memory Care for over two years. First of all it is a beautiful facility in a shady area near a duck pond. The interior is immaculate and lovely with a grand piano in the great room and aquariums and caged birds throughout. Harbor Chase provides many in-house services such as a beauty salon, life enrichment programs, therapy, podiatry and support groups to name a few. The care my Mom has received has been wonderful. The care providers are very compassionate and go out of their way too make sure each resident gets as much personal attention as possible. The decision to move our Mom to a memory care facility was very difficult. I have no regrets about moving her to Harbor Chase.

June 13, 2011

By anonymousll

Friend or relative of resident

Harbor Chase of Columbia is the new home for our grandfather. After hip surgery we all knew that he needed assistance with mobility and other daily activities. There was no family close enough to SC to come and stay with him on a 24/7 basis and then we discovered the assisted living apartments that were available at Harbor Chase. We talked with Blake Patterson and were impressed with his honesty and commitment to seniors. In fact it was his compassion, understanding and enthusiasm that really won our grandfather's heart and trust. He has his own apartment and is able to lead his own life while enjoying the benefits of having someone help him with bathing and mobility issues. Papa still proudly gets around with a walker much of the day and we know that the staff will be there if he needs them. During our last visit we played canasta, rummy and spades with Papa and one of his friends. We even ate dinner with him when it was served in the dining room. There was baked chicken, a fresh salad, iced tea and some steamed veggies and although I thought the meal lacked a lot of flavor no one else seemed to have any problem cleaning their plate. Papa now is happy to be involved in a community of his peers and the staff makes sure that he has the personal help he needs. Yes, the employees do seem to stay terribly busy but I can honestly say that they all have been smiling and really seem eager to do a good job for each and every resident.

Photos of HarborChase of Columbia

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:01

• Licenses: Community Residential Care Facility - CRCF #1315
  • State Licenses: CRC-1315

About HarborChase of Columbia

Celebrating senior living each and every day!

Welcome to HarborChase of Columbia, and the highest standard of senior care offering assisted living, and our acclaimed memory care program. Respect and simple kindness abound here as we celebrate each individual life with the dignity it has earned and a warm appreciation of chapters still to unfold.

We know you're facing a difficult decision. That's why we're here, and why we do what we do. We understand the challenges you face when caring for a loved one with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer's. But now imagine a new home where lovely surroundings, tasty food, and a compassionate, competent staff make each day shine. This is HarborChase of Columbia, where we pride ourselves on setting the gold standard in senior care every day.

Come visit and experience our tradition of excellence in senior care. Call today; this could be your truest act of love.

HarborChase is in an idyllic setting next to a small lake surrounded by beautiful, mature trees, yet within 2 miles of shopping, restaurants, hospitals, and physicians.

Map of HarborChase of Columbia