Winslow Court

3920 East San Miguel Street, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909

Reviews of Winslow Court

Cinde1 October 28, 2015

Winslow Court was great. The food was wonderful -- absolutely excellent food. The accommodations were very nice, the room was spacious, and the carpet and paint were new. There are many activities for the people who live there. In fact, if I could move in, I'd move in there myself. It was really nice. Everything was clean and neat, and the dining facility was large and spacious. They had a million things for them to do that happened once a month, twice a month, or weekly. It just seemed like everybody's quality of life was so nice.

Nancy113782450 September 30, 2015

Winslow Court was very nice. They were quite a bit more expensive. They do not have the exercise room and equipment, but their food and their dining room were wonderful. I ate lunch there. It was excellent.

Caring110061450 August 11, 2015

My mom is in Winslow Court now. They are amazing, so kind and just wonderful. They have so much stuff for the residents. Everytime I'm there, there's always something going on, whether it's crafts, playing cards, exercise class, live music, or an outing. There's so much variety for them to choose. All the residents seem genuinely happy there. The room was a lot bigger, and it was an actual apartment.

TaylorC January 05, 2015

Seeing how much fun the staff has with the residents is priceless. Everyone is always smiling!

Judy Harris December 23, 2014

I'm especially impressed with the food at Winslow Court. Hat's off to the chef!

Jennifer B December 22, 2014

Beautiful place and the staff is amazing. Thank you!

Douglas Fraijo December 15, 2014

My mom really enjoys the entertainment and the great food! The staff is Amazing!

Caring73398550 April 30, 2014

Winslow Court is a very nice facility and very well kept. They have good community relations, and they offer lots of entertainment. They have bingo, and they do exercise. They have lot of music programs in the afternoon and happy hour on Thursdays. They also have church services. They also take the residents to different places by their bus. I would definitely recommend this place.

Miss Priss August 21, 2012

Upon visiting Winslow Court, Ms. Deb met with us. She first asked a few questions regarding my dad's condition. Then she asked what kind of needs my dad would have; and whether my dad was in the military. Upon answering these questions, she provided different avenues to go. I expressed the need that when my dad moved, I wanted it to be his last time moving. So in the event of him going down hill with his health, he would remain in one facility and be taken care of as needed. I was told that would not be an issue, and there were many residence like that.

We then toured the facility. The appearance was cozy. The residence seemed quiet. By the time we left, we managed to see what the dining room was like and saw a couple friends from a few years ago.

One thing that was mentioned that I felt was odd was that they had 'Happy Hour'. Winslow Court provided the alcohol! That is really something my dad does not need to have considering his condition. It did make me wonder for the residence and for the reasons they were there.

Since then, the friends that were living there were told that they needed to move because they required more care than Winslow Court was able to offer. Considering my previous concern regarding my dad, I am so glad that this facility was not who we had chosen.

chattiechick January 06, 2012

While Winslow Court seems like the dream Assisted Living Center for an aging parent, I wish we would have taken more time to check other homes in the area. I think we may have made a hasty decision and moved my mom in a little to quick. The home does have everything that she needs so she does not have to go out if she does not want too. They also offer activities for the residents and social gatherings. The staff during the week is excellent, but the weekend staff could use some lessons in manners.It also seems like everything has a price. With as much as a room cost, you would thing that they could include some of the very basic services to the residents. No one should have to pay 500.00 dollars for medication help. They are also suppose to provide a well- visit daily by the nurse, and this does not always happen. Over all my family is pleased with the facility

Artlady July 28, 2011

This was a very nice place until a new manager made so many rules, the place seems like a prison. Activities and maintenace were cut to a bare minimum. The Assisted Living program is unreliable, understaffed and poorly run. The facility itself is old and does not accommodate wheel chairs in the apartments or the restroom in the public area. The Food Service is top notch. If it were not for that the residents would be even more unhappy.

From Winslow Court

Our philosophy of service at Winslow Court Retirement Community is that Independent and Assisted Living encourages an active and free senior lifestyle that supports residents' privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the largest and most spacious in Colorado Springs. Winslow Court provides Independent Living, Assisted Living, Respite and Adult Day Care services. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with all day restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles. Our senior housing and Assisted Living environment provides full-service senior living with resort-style amenities in the heart of Colorado, serving Colorado Springs, Stratmoor, Falcon, Peyton, Briargate, Manitou Springs, Security-Widefield, Fountain Valley and surrounding communities. Come see for yourself.

Some of Winslow Courts unique features include Open Dining, meaning we have a full service restaurant open from 7am to 7pm everyday with no set dining times. Also all of our Apartments are set up to be independent or assisted living, so there is no need for a move should a resident need that transition

Features of Winslow Court

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Winslow Court