The Palisades at Broadmoor Park

4547 Palisades Park View, Colorado Springs, CO, 80906

Reviews of The Palisades at Broadmoor Park

Caring107920350 June 11, 2015

The Palisades is a very nice place. I would say the Director and the Health Service Director, who is kind of the Head Nurse, are both extremely competent. The food and dining setup are very nice. They are right on the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, so it is a very lovely setting in the first place. The rooms looked out upon the mountains or the city side, which isn't quite as attractive, but it is a nice part of town. So no matter where you look, it is not bad. Just looking towards the mountain, I'm sure it is extremely beautiful. They have a number of different types of room choices depending upon the size of rooms you want and whether you would like a little sink or microwave. They do all the cooking for you, do all your washing, and everything else. If you got your mind well enough that you still kind of want the feeling of having an apartment, you have all these different choices. For improvement, they need training for their hands on staff. That is the primary thing I have an issue with.

Marta2 March 11, 2015

The Palisades was very quick to respond. They called me immediately once I registered and asked me what they could do to help figure out what would be the best placement for mother. They were very flexible in trying to accommodate my schedule. They had a schedule of the weekly activities on the wall, and they were interacting with the residents. Their little van has just gotten back from taking the group on an outing.

schultek October 30, 2014

My mother is a resident of the Palisades...I am her daughter and live in Connecticut. I could have brought my mother to Connecticut to live near me, but a resident of Colorado, she felt more comfortable living here. So I visit as often as I can. I am always amazed by the reception staff who helps me schedule transportation to dr. visit for mom, the hairdressers, the activities staff creating fun things for the residents to do with their day, to the nursing staff who promptly return my calls and/or come in to work on their day off just to meet with me when I come to town! Anyone who works in assisted living does so because it is a "calling" like the young man who works the dining room and is always telling the residents a daily joke to get them laughing. I trust that my mother is in great hands when I leave, and she feels safe and secure....that is just what I want for her! Thank you Palisades!

cgshaw October 30, 2014

I have worked with the staff and owner at The Palisades for several years as an advisor who helps secure veteran's benefits. I have always found them to put their residents' needs first and have worked to provide the best in care services. A partnership with the University of Colorado brought innovative physical therapy approaches that significantly improved the well-being of the residents. They frequently host community meetings to share the latest information about issues of the aging population and what families will need to consider in the future. I believe the recent change to MBK Senior Living is a positive move forward as it builds on the ideas of the previous owner and adds a broader understanding of how to best serve our community. I think they are well on their way to being one of the best senior communities in Colorado Springs.

8ntstayin October 04, 2014

I am quite dissatisfied with the Palasides. They are very understaffed and the turn over is constant. I feel badly for the care givers that are overworked. The food is very low quality, the communication from staff non existent and the medical help very bad. I will say the apartments are quite spacious and also has upgrades but that is the only positive.

Bebe4 June 25, 2014

My Mom has been at the Palisades for the past 3 years. The first year was her best, then it was bought out by a large corporation, MBK. Since then there's been a whole lot of turn-over in the management level and the care staff has been like a revolving door. Care Staff training, the number and variety of activities and food are all below par. Rooms and bathrooms are nice, common areas are nice (not enough of them) and the staff are nice, but young. They seem to charge the highest in this market and are definitely not worth it. I recommend looking elsewhere.

Caring76690950 February 28, 2014

I have a whole lot of caregivers that do care. A few that you like to kick in the butt. For the most part, the staff is very good and consistent. There's not a big turn over. The dining room is just fine. The food is so-so, but it's what they serve in the entire complex. It just comes and goes. Since I came from independent living and I've been very busy, I haven't participated in activities very much. But I think they're pretty routine, like bingo.

Caring82095150 December 31, 2013

The place was very nice, but I'm not ready for it right now. You have to bring your own furniture. They have hairdressers. They have exercise room, they have everything.

CaringC July 12, 2013

We did get to visit The Palisades at Broadmoor Park for my mom. Right now, she is staying in her place but if we do go, she will be going there. We also have some old friends, some neighbors that moved in there recently. It is very close to where my mom's neighborhood is. The facility is a little bit smaller but not as overwhelming as some other big places. For us, they have a good location. The staff was very friendly. They were very nice. Their marketing manager was very nice. We had brunch while we're there and it was very nice. They had good food.

Hmitche May 15, 2012

The employees are very enthusiastic and helpful however there is not much to do. The activities are bland and my grandma is bored there. Maybe it is because she is bitter but she complains about the food as well. The amenities are subpar and there is not much to the facilitie.s There is a room with a piano and a place to sit and do puzzles and knit but other than that there is not much else.

srn1953 May 09, 2012

This is a very nice facility with a great staff and well-appointed living spaces. The Palisades At Broadmoor Park has a great wellness program that is designed to keep the residents healthy and active so that they can preserve their independence. Besides physical fitness, they have a cognitive wellness program that helps residents stay sharp and have fun at the same time. The private apartments can be customized to suit any style and they are roomy and comfortable. There are several different styles of apartments available, some of which are over 500 square feet. One of the things that I loved most about The Palisades At Broadmoor Park is that they allow pets, which makes the residences friendly and homey. I joined the residents for dinner and was impressed with the quality of the food as well as the cheerful atmosphere. The building and grounds at The Palisades At Broadmoor Park are elegant and welcoming and are quite well kept. I would definitely recommend this facility.

From The Palisades at Broadmoor Park

Conveniently located in Southwest Colorado Springs in the popular Broadmoor Park area, The Palisades provides resort style senior living with a continuum of care in a campus setting. The Palisades at Broadmoor Park is located near Cheyenne Mountain and Palisades Park with easy access to shops, restaurants, entertainment venues and medical services.

Colorado Springs senior living at The Palisades is as active and carefree as you desire. You can choose from a variety of social and educational opportunities while enjoying our service enriched lifestyle. Whether you prefer a spacious apartment home or require the additional support of assisted living or specialized memory care, our team of dedicated associates is committed to enriching your life and providing a warm, friendly environment with the finest services and amenities; and the most attentive support and care, everything to make you feel at home.

Ask about our Connections for Living Memory Care Neighborhood - You only pay for the care your loved one requires and receives. Our Memory Care neighborhood includes Inspiration Stations and Baskets for our residents to enjoy and help them reconnect with purpose driven activities that have been an important part of their lives. Personal plan for each resident, Our care levels allow enough flexibility, The size of our care team is based on the specific needs of the residents living in our Memory Care neighborhood at any given time, We offer both private and companion apartments.

Features of The Palisades at Broadmoor Park

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,900/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Financial guidance extra: New Choice Waiver Not Accepted - Medicaid Not Accepted
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits