MacKenzie Place Colorado Springs

1605 Elm Creek View, Colorado Springs, CO, 80907

Reviews of MacKenzie Place Colorado Springs

August 27, 2015

The reason I chose MacKenzie Place was because it seemed more alive; there were people in the living room interacting with each other. It was very welcoming. They have wonderful activities like trips and food, and I have a condition where I am on a special diet and I can’t eat the food that they have here. I have an aide who comes in, helps me, and does my meals. It was lovely. I would definitely recommend it to my friends. Plus the staff is very caring, friendly, and love their job, and they do a great job.

July 04, 2015

By Caring102076150

I visited MacKenzie Place. It was very nice. The staff seemed to be caring. In fact, I had a friend there, and she was very satisfied there. I would recommend this place. The apartments were very spacious. My friend had a two-bedroom apartment.

October 18, 2014

By Brent2

I would move in at MacKenzie Place myself. It was a lovely place, but expensive. They had all the facilities including a swimming pool inside, and the meals catered whether in your room or not, exercise equipment, and a physical therapist onsite; there wasn't anything lacking there. The atmosphere and layout was exceptional. The location was great, we had a meal there, and the food was very good. Instead of an apartment, it was more of a community type of thing because they offer housing as well and you could actually move into a house, a single unit, as well as apartment type thing. They had lots of activities and buses to take people different places.

September 23, 2014

By Lynn34

My dad is on the waiting list at MacKenzie Place. My impression was that they have thought of everything like the apartments. He’s going into a senior living apartment at this point and then as needed will graduate to assisted living. The 2-bedrooms vary in size from just under a thousand sq. ft. up to almost 1300 sq. ft. They have some 3-bedroom, 2-bath apartments there and then they have the smaller ones. The one he wants is about 1200 sq. ft. and is a 2-bedroom, 2-bath with a kitchen, a lundry room, washer and dryer, which was very nicely appointed. All the apartments have 4 thicknesses of drywall between the apartments to control sound. In the event of a fire, people are supposed to stay in their apartments and not evacuate until they are specifically told to do so. I was very impressed with that. They have a country club atmosphere. The energy in the place is very good. It’s very upbeat, optimistic, and enthusiastic. The sales guy was excellent. He went to great lengths to explain how the scooters fall over too easily and how it’s very easy for people to get injured, so they prefer to see their residents in the more stable electric wheelchairs. We were invited to stay for dinner and the food was excellent. They do full portions and half portions. The half portions were amazingly large. My sister, my dad, my stepmom and I had dinner there and all four of us ordered half portions and were full after dinner. We had maple and peach-glazed pork loin with a vegetable and a carbohydrate. There are three restaurants in this place. There is a bar/bistro that’s open from like 10am or 11am until 9 at night. It is open all the time so there are things like sandwiches and you can go have a drink with your friends and have a glass of wine. There’s the main dining room for the residential part, and then there is a third dining room down in the assisted living area so they have a choice as well. They talk at great lengths about all the activities that are going on both in MacKenzie Place, and also all the things that get scheduled every month outside of MacKenzie Place like going to Denver to see a play where you sign up to go as a group. Transportation is provided and all the resident has to do is buy the ticket to the event. They have all kinds of crafts and knitting. They have a fantastic fitness play center and a swimming pool. They have a salt water hot tub or a spa. They also have a brain exercise program an hour a day for 8 weeks. They have get-togethers, dances and music.

August 31, 2014

By Christine38

I feel MacKenzie Place was a little bit more complete than the other facility. The staff was very polite and the place is clean. The only thing that was negative to me was that the lack of space that they had for people but that’s just secondary to the fact that they were a good facility. The rooms were well-maintained, spacious, clean and open. They offer classes, lots of physical and mentally stimulating activities.

June 02, 2014

By aweful

Other

HORRIBLE! You won't get the care that you pay for. Found pills on my grandmas floor ($600 just for pill management) than she got really sick and didn't go for her meals for 2 days and nobody called us, she was dying of renal failure and nobody thought to pay attention. Maybe we didn't pay for that! Than to top it off...they lost her! She was in a public bathroom all night when they were supposed to check on her every night at 8. Who signed off that they saw her? She is now in a new facility where she gets the care she deserves! And its $2000 less! If your moving your family member here, make sure they don't need assistance! You will pay a lot for nothing! Don't be fooled by the beauty and the good food cause thats all you'll get! The cleaning lady and the wait staff pay more attention to the residents than the nurse staff.

January 23, 2014

By futureresident1

Our son found McKenzie Place for us. We chose it because of its location, cost and amenities. We lived in Colorado Springs for 4 years so we have family there. It’s an assisted living retirement complex of multi level family residences and duplexes. They have all the things you look forward to in retirement. It's also close to Colorado Springs Country Club, dining and recreation facilities and so forth. We look forward to making the move when the time comes.

June 29, 2013

MacKenzie Place Retirement Community is quite near where we live. We had a tour there and it was very nice. We really liked that facility because it was small. It was laid out really nice. That was the one that we would have chose if we chose one. The staff were very helpful and very knowledgeable. We ate lunch there and the food was very good.

September 27, 2012

By Quinn27

For seniors who don't want to live alone but would like to have freedom and independence and be very active they should consider MacKenzie Place Active Retirement Community. My grandparents no longer wanted the stress of caring for a home and wanted someone around if they ever needed something but they are still quite active and moved to MacKenzie Place a few years ago. My family and I have visited many times and love it each time. They are well cared for, and they keep their residents very active. The place is beautiful, the staff is amazing and kind and the food is top notch. They make sure to plan a lot for their residents, they are very social but whenever they are under the weather or tired there is someone that can help them with different things. Colorado Springs is a beautiful place and if you or a loved one is looking for assisted living in Colorado you should really consider this great location. My family and I are always impressed with the service, friendlyness and more. My grandparents have nothing but good things to say about it.

March 18, 2011

By trail rider

Memory Care area...no training, terrible care!

They advertise good, experienced Alzheimer's care. We found this to be totally untrue with the care they provided our family member. The day to day staff has basically no specialized Alzheimer's training. Further they could not deal even with a simple UTI (urinary tract infection) that developed at the facility. The family member had to be hospitalized to treat it even though the private doctor said it could be treated with antibiotics at the facility. Overall, it is a terrible place. Not only do they not have good training, they don't seem to really care. We would not recommend it to other families and we moved our family member.

Photos of MacKenzie Place Colorado Springs

Features of MacKenzie Place Colorado Springs

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4250/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Cottages, Den Options Available In Addition To The 1 And 2 Bedroom Apartments

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Theater, Full Time Concierge Available For Additional Services, W/D In Residence

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: AL state Certified

About MacKenzie Place Colorado Springs

MacKenzie Place, located in beautiful Colorado Springs, has been designed and developed around a rather obvious, but commonly overlooked point: Retired folks like to have fun. Lots of fun. Which explains why our activities, travel, dining options, health & wellness programs, and social events are all more fun than you would ever expect to find in a "retirement community."

And with three living choices all on one campus, there's really something for everyone. If you're 55 or older, The Cottages offer a purchase opportunity with access to all of the campus amenities. If you would rather lease with all amenities included, The Terrace will strike your fancy. And if you prefer all the amenities with a little extra, The Arbours are our Assisted Living and Memory Care apartments.

Three beautiful choices. One incredible bouquet. We like to call it Retirement in Full Bloom.

Our Palmer's Restaurant and Miner's 59ers Bistro offer fine dining options with flexible hours so you can enjoy incredible food according to your schedule.

Map of MacKenzie Place Colorado Springs