Bonaventure of Colorado Springs

9112 Grand Cordera Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO, 80924

Reviews of Bonaventure of Colorado Springs

Caring110795950 July 14, 2015

I am temporarily at Bonaventure of Colorado Springs. The food is good. The help is helpful for the most part, and they try to make things comfortable for you with their service. The rooms were very nice and are a good size for one person. The food is very good. There's plenty of it, and there's a variety. The dining room set-up is good. It allows interplay between the tables if need be, and at the same time, it is quiet, and you can be by yourself also. They have activities like they go out to different restaurants and go on scenic drives. During the day time, they have bingo, cards, checkers, and all that kinds of stuff.

our experience was terrible May 17, 2015

My parents lived in Bonaventure for 14 months before we had to make a change to their safety and sanity. I believe Bonaventure is a poorly managed facility where the care is substandard. My parents lived in Bonaventure's assisted living area in Colorado Springs. My dad was on a medication program and they were to administer his daily medication. The first four days he was on the program, his medication was not given to him for two of those days. Meds were often late or early...sometimes his 8 am medications were given around 11:30 a.m. His evening meds came anywhere between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. They often waited over an hour to get served in the dining room. The food was poor quality although right before they moved out, some of the meals were improving. Snow and ice were rarely cleared from the sidewalks and never on the weekends. There were 5 different general managers during the time my parents lived there. Whenever the management was approached with a complaint about a service my parents were told, "We're working on that." Very little was ever resolved or any apology offered for service that was substandard. My parents came to know and appreciate some of the staff who worked there but our complaint isn't with the staff...it's with Bonaventure as a company and their way of doing business. It seems to us that they are not in the business to care for the seniors who live in their facilities but only because there is profit to be made in senior care. I will NEVER consider Bonaventure again for the care of my parents. In my opinion, Bonaventure doesn't even deserve one star but the review would not go through until I rated it.

really not happy March 16, 2015

The Entire staff has turned over 4 if not 5 times in just over a year my Grandma has been there. Management is unorganized and unable or unwilling to respond to numerous issues that come up. Don't let the beautiful building fool you, the care is far from what is promised or required by LAW.

Rams4Life March 07, 2015

My Dad is a resident here and he absolutely loves it! There are a plethora of activities there and the food is fantastic. They are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. The staff truly cares and treats them as family. If you are looking for a true home and community look no further than Bonaventure COS.

ptcrusn January 22, 2015

My mom lived there right after it opened. Since that time EVERY care giver and many others are gone. The care my mom got was atrocious. She was in memory care, wandered away, they couldn't find her, she fell down and cut her leg, it got infected....AND THEY DID NOTHING. No, they did contact us after it was already infected. We had to take her to an emergency care place where she was on antibiotics for weeks. We moved her out to a place where she would get better care.

Travis Lyon November 13, 2014

My mom loves this place. She has made so many friends that she didn't at the other place she was at. She is busy all of the time with things going on there. She calls to brag to me daily what they had to eat there and how good it was and even better that she didn't have to make it. Our weekly dinners out now are at her place there.... I must say I don't mind because it is better than going out to eat. My mom is happy even though the move was tough, it was the best move for her. I haven't seen my mom smile like that is a very long time.

Happy, Happy, Happy October 24, 2014

I am amazed with how this community has grown. The community is beautiful and the staff are great. They had a few growing pains to start with, which can be expected. Everyone is so friendly here. The food is great, the staff help with everything and it seems as though people are always smiling. I have to say that I lived at another community before we came here and I am so glad I did. I recommend this place to everyone I know and so does my family. Thank you to everyone here that works so hard to make our lives so special.

colospringssue August 29, 2014

My mother moved here in Jan 2014 shortly after they opened. The management was very disorganized then, and it got worse to the point that by June almost the entire admin staff including the head nurse had turned over. The facility itself is beautiful, food was decent, and if all your loved one needs is a safe apartment and meds administered you are probably OK. However, my mother needed more continuity of care and they are just not set up for that, or are not capable of doing that despite what they say/promise. We moved her out to a small 8-person residential assisted living and she is doing fabulous there.

Stan6 August 13, 2014

Bonaventure of Colorado Springs was pretty much new. The only problem for me was that they are priced too high for the way they are structured. But the sales people were very good. The rooms and dining room were very good.

Exfile July 11, 2014

Bad Bad Bad. I would give managment an "F" rating. Very disorganized and rarely if ever return calls from management. Always an apology but never follow through.

family1st! April 01, 2014

Extremely unorganized, huge turn over of employees, lack of communication between people in charge, very frustrating. Not sure what experience these people have. Seems to be none. Would've never moved my loved one into this place. Should've gone someplace else!

casey21 February 15, 2014

Look past the fluff. In my experience they are very disorganized I am already regretting my decision to move my parent there. Trust your gut instinct.

About Bonaventure of Colorado Springs

Bonaventure of Colorado Springs is an assisted living facility in Colorado Springs, CO that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Bonaventure of Colorado Springs for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Bonaventure of Colorado Springs