The Waterford at College Station

1103 Rock Prairie Rd, College Station, TX, 77845

Reviews of The Waterford at College Station

October 21, 2015

By Ctom4

My mother was a resident in the memory care unit for a little over a year. During that time, she fell and broke her hip. Staff found her and put her in her bed where she stayed overnight before they took her to the hospital. They did not take her to the one that we had requested for emergencies. They do not chart incidents. A family friend found a large knot and bruise on her forehead. The staff knew nothing about it and had no record of it. The staff that provides personal care are either poorly trained or simply do not care. I sat with my Mom on many occasions during meals and saw residents who had trouble feeding themselves sit in front of their plates, then the food was taken away. My mother has gained 19 pounds in the year after we moved her out of there. We also had to provide all of her consumable supplies and frequently weren't told they needed replenishing until after they ran out. This place is poorly run and poorly documented.

June 16, 2015

By Earl8

The Waterford was a great place. The manager was a super guy. They had assisted living and memory care. The rooms were big, and you got your own bathroom. The food was really good. The staff were very friendly and wonderful. They play bingo and different games. I fell in love with it, and they'll take care of you.

June 02, 2012

By Tom4

Esperanza is a nice place. It's an older facility and smaller too.The people there are accommodating. I didn't find anything that is negative or whatsoever. In fact, this is one of the places we looked at and considered. I mean the place is good only that we were looking for a bit modern type of living for my mom and a bigger room for her to be more comfortable.

January 12, 2012

By commercesd

We went to see the Silver Oak On The Brazos in College Station while we were there taking a look at assisted living options for our aunt. The outer grounds looked well kept and had ample seating in the surrounding areas. Residents could enjoy the exterior area and feel safe with adequate staff nearby. The garden was particularly lovely, with nice walkways. The living room was warm and cozy, with comfortable furnishings and a fireplace. The adjacent chairs were inviting, and there nearby bookcases stocked with plenty of books. The residents also enjoy visiting the local library each week. In addition, they are taken to a variety of places on a regular basis, such as eateries, stores, museums, art galleries and other interesting places. The exercise area was well-equipped and they offer regular classes for all who desire them. They also offer individual instruction. Residents are encouraged to exercise daily, with specialized programs designed for each senior. The dining room was homey with very nice old-style furnishings and home-style food. Everything looked really delicious and the meal options were plentiful, as were the snacks. The staff seemed to really enjoy their jobs and the residents responded to that well. This is what is most important to us. We really liked everything we saw at this facility.

Photos of The Waterford at College Station

Services & Amenities of The Waterford at College Station

About The Waterford at College Station

Discover Texas hospitality and friendly staff at The Waterford® at College Station, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in College Station, Texas. Recently renovated, our community invites residents to relax and experience the very best amenities, both in our apartments and in the common areas. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Waterford at College Station provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Our attentive staff, on hand 24 hours a day, ensures that residents have everything they need to get the very best out of life. To keep residents entertained, our activity director plans a number of exciting events that encourages new friendships and an active lifestyle. Outside of our community, residents have access to a number of dining, shopping, and entertainment destinations, including top rated college sporting events at Texas A&M University.

Map of The Waterford at College Station