North Star Retirement Community

2340 W Seltice Way, Coeur D Alene, ID, 83814

Reviews of North Star Retirement Community

Norma B. February 14, 2016

Helpful and friendly staff. North Star is very clean. Great activities and great place to play Bridge . Residents are very friendly. Transportation takes me wherever I'd like to go.

Thelma Creason February 02, 2016

Excellent. Staff and servers are caring and helpful in all areas.

Loretta Richmond January 31, 2016

Not only is this a beautiful place to live, the staff is so friendly and accommodating! Residents and staff have welcomed us from the time we moved here. Activities are abundant. Our meals are always tasty and nutritous. Living here is good!

Susan117688350 December 28, 2015

Everything at North Star Retirement Community is very good: the environment, the care, the dining facility, the activities, and the food. The rooms were spacious. They have options for single-bedroom apartments that are larger than what I have seen in other facilities.

Anonymous117271050 November 30, 2015

North Star Retirement Community is a very beautiful community. The facility is clean and well presented. The person who met me was very friendly, very accommodating.

Diane112460350 August 27, 2015

My parents picked North Star. I like the social activities, the church, and the people that are taking care of my parents. The facility is clean. They have good food and good care.

Anonymous106418050 May 13, 2015

North Star was quite nice. There was a combination of independent living and assisted living. It was very pleasant. The people there were very nice. It was also quiet. They had a lot of activities.

Caring105751350 April 25, 2015

North Star is a great community. The staff is great, very accommodating, and very nice. They help a lot. It's pretty, and they have good food. They try to do everything they can to help and make it easier. They are fair. It would be a community I would want to live in. It's more affordable too.

Angie Wilhelmsen January 27, 2015

The staff is very caring and kind. I am so very thankful that my friends and family have a community like this to live in.

Ty Kielblock January 05, 2015

It was a awesome experience!

Alyssa Carey December 30, 2014

Beautiful and friendly community. Love it!!!

Caring77655550 February 24, 2014

My husband is currently at North Star Retirement Community. I like this place because they are very accommodating. When I needed a place to stay, because my husband was there, they gave me a room for a very reasonable amount of money and I am able to come and go as I please. The CNAs and nursing staff there are exceptional. They just take really good care of my husband. He is not able to get up off the bed by himself and they are helping him do that. They just help him every way they can. The residents there are very, very pleasant, lively, and young. They are always doing things. They show movies every night. They have reading groups and Bible study. They have several bingo every week. They also have exercises every day. They have a gym and a pool table. They also have beauty facilities.

From North Star Retirement Community

Our philosophy of service at North Star Retirement Community is that Independent and Assisted Living encourages an active and free senior lifestyle that supports residents' privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the largest and most spacious in Coeur d’Alene. North Star provides Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Respite services. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with all day restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles. Our senior housing and Assisted Living services provides senior living with resort-style amenities in the heart of Coeur d’Alene, serving Post Falls, Hayden, Rathdrum, Spokane Valley, Spokane, and surrounding communities. Come see for yourself.

We have open dining; our residents can come and eat anytime from 7 AM-6 PM. Our guests and family have the option to choose from the daily specials or to order off of our menu - Many of our apartments over look Riverstone Park and the Spokane River - Centennial Trail is just outside our gate - Full Time Activities Director - Regular Happy Hours with entertainment - Independent living with the comfort of knowing that if the need arises you can transfer to Assisted Living - Cadillac or Bus Transportation - Adult Daycare - Cooking for a Cause Top Chef award for 2014 - Internal E-call System

Features of North Star Retirement Community

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Staff patient ratio: 7:1
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Idaho

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of North Star Retirement Community