Brookdale Coconut Creek

4175 West Sample Road, Coconut Creek, FL, 33073

Reviews of Brookdale Coconut Creek

debbie3519 December 18, 2014

Homewood at Coconut Creek was nice. It was a bunch of smaller buildings, so there were less people around. It was clean, and the grounds were nice, but I didn't really see so many people around. The person that I spoke to was really friendly.

Caring98792350 December 16, 2014

Homewood at Coconut Creek wasn't up-to-date. The rooms and the dining room didn't impress me. The cleanliness was fair.

We appreciate you taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback to help better serve our residents in the future.

Rommy August 28, 2014

My father hasn't move in yet, but we chose Homewood at Coconut Creek for him because the people look professional, clean, neat, very friendly and also on time for everything. I really enjoy the interaction with them and I think it is a really good fit for my father. They apartments are very neat and very nice, and I like that. I was a little worried for a little while because they have two floors, and the apartment that he is going to use is on the second floor, but they are very professional and they handle my father really well. Normally, when my father goes to a different place and he doesn't like it, he starts getting nervous. However, for some reason, my father feels at home, he is not nervous, he goes around, he likes it and he is happy. They have activities like card games, TV, reading and memory games. I will totally recommend that place to others.

Ron30 July 19, 2014

I really like Homewood at Coconut Creek. If my mother were more agile, I'd move her there. It's very clean, and a smaller community, thus they give more attention to the residents. I like everybody there. I checked out the rooms, they were nice. I like the dining room. It was small and intimate, but we didn't eat there. They also have exercises, bingo and trivia games.

Andrea18 June 30, 2014

Homewood Residence had a very interesting Alzheimer's facility area. It was in a completely separate-standing building with an iron gate around it. This is like severe, severe Alzheimer's, the high end of the spectrum. It is wicked expensive, but if somebody can afford it and they need that type of care, that is a very, very good place. I spoke to a couple of the residents, and it's a big place. It was definitely not the place for my mother to be.

LovelyLady9 April 26, 2014

I have placed my mom in a facility already. It's Homewood Residence, and it's a very clean, upscale, small facility, which is very nice, and the staff and everyone is wonderful. The food is good. So far, I've had no complaints. It's fabulous. Everything is clean, much cleaner than any other place that I went to. When I call, they answer, and they get back to me. It's a very good place as far as it goes, since my mom has been there for a month.

Lori28 April 12, 2014

Homewood was very nice, very welcoming, and it had no odor. The staff was very good. The rooms were nice. They had plenty of activities.

Dyana April 17, 2013

Homewood at Coconut Creek is nice, it seems newer but the rooms are too small. We were only there one time but we thought it was fine. But it didn't have what we were looking for as far as accommodations.

BocaV November 20, 2012

Staff seemed attentive to outdoor activities of the elderly. Many planned outdoor events as well as shopping services and shuttles. Somewhat child friendly when families visited loved ones.

Anonymous1456 November 19, 2012

Overall this assisted living home was great. The staff was friendly and always willing to help. Whenever my grandmother called for help they would be in as soon as they could to take care of her. My grandmother never complained in the three years that she lived in this home. There are many activities that are set up for the people that live their to participate in. My grandmother participated in many and loved them all. They kept the people of the community as active as possible and would go out of their way to help brighten or cheer up the people living there when needed. This is a great facility for the Coconut Creek area and I would recommend this to a friend or even to a relative that may need this type of assisted living. I would not think twice about sending my own mother here, knowing that she would be well taken care of and I would not have to worry if she was being treated right.

Riku517 August 28, 2012

The facility itself is well decorated and gives the individuals living there a nice calm feel. The staff at this facility were wonderful, they made everyone feel like they were there relatives. I feel that anyone living at this facility will be comfortable and well entertained. I noticed the nurses here would sometimes go out of their way to keep the spirits of the individuals high. They always made sure the patients were feeling like they were at home. My friend's grandmother talked about how she participated in one of the activities going and how she had so much fun. She even mentioned how the younger nurses made her feel young and happy again. This place is a pretty good living facility and I would recommend it to anyone.

lmcrayne October 04, 2011

My cousin was twenty three at the time; she was in the last stage of ovarian cancer. It broke my heart to see her in so much pain; she was living in the nursing home and was basically unable to take care of herself. She still remembered me and my parents. She and I were very close when we were children, but had grown apart as we got older. The nurses knew she didn't have a lot of time left, and they were so attentive to her and upbeat. They always talked to her about going home. I know it was just a way to help keep her spirits up. But it kept her mind off the depression facts of dying so young. She had just gotten married two years before she got sick, so she didn't have a chance to have children. We visited her for three days before we had to go back home to Illinois . The staff really reached out to us and talked about how we didn't have to worry about her being taken care of. When we went home it was six months later when she lost her battle with cancer. I am so happy to know she was there in the end because the staff treated her with such dignity.

About Brookdale Coconut Creek

Brookdale Coconut Creek is an assisted living facility in Coconut Creek, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brookdale Coconut Creek for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Brookdale Coconut Creek

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• French
  • Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 9 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: Standard ALF LIcense

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Coconut Creek