Orchard Park | Clovis, CA

675 W Alluvial Ave, Clovis, CA, 93611

Reviews of Orchard Park | Clovis, CA

Debbe2 February 29, 2016

Mom's in the memory care of Orchard Park. Everybody I have dealt with seems very caring, cooperative, and nice. I don't have any complaints about them. They do a very good job. The food to me is a little bland, but of course a lot of people have certain restrictions. But the food was good. They have family night dinner once a month or outings for the ones that are able to go. Everybody just seems to be real nice. They do their job pretty well. If you have an issue or question, they usually take that quickly. I don't have any complaints so far so good. I would recommend it. I'm very impressed and happy with it.

Visitor48 January 13, 2016

We were most impressed with Orchard Park. We liked the people and the layout of the room was what we were interested in. It would be our choice; however, it was pricier. They had an exercise class, a salon, and a nice library. It was a nice facility. We had lunch there in a very nice dining area, and the food was very good.

Caring111271050 August 25, 2015

Due to celiac disease I require a gluten free (GF) diet. I was up front with the sales rep. Supposedly she checked with the chef or other in charge; called back and said we can accommodate a GF diet. Day of tour I received a reminder call and everything was in place. I left shortly thereafter for the tour which is approximately 40 miles from my home. Received a call on my cell that I didn't get until I was in Fresno since I was driving. She informed me that no they wouldn't be able to accommodate a GF diet. I was crushed! It seems the sales reps were just interested in attempting to make a sale, not listen and address my issues. This makes me suspicious of what type of care a resident would receive there.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comments are very important to us. We strive to meet the unique dietary needs of each of our residents and take pride in the delivery of our services. When it comes to a gluten-free diet, there are varying levels of gluten intolerance and our goal was to understand your specific needs and determine if our dining team could meet those needs. We apologize for any misunderstanding and would welcome the opportunity to discuss our dining program with you further or assist you with resources that might help with your search.

cdstewart August 08, 2015

My parents have lived at Orchard Park for a year and a half. They have a very nice apartment facing the courtyard and enjoy visiting with residents who are walking by. The staff is patient, caring and very friendly. I checked several other assisted living/memory care facilities but chose Orchard Park because of the recommendations I got from people who had friends or relatives who had stayed there.

Thank you for your endorsement of our community. We pride ourselves on having compassionate staff and nurturing a vibrant social community, so we’re very glad to hear that your parents are happy here. Should you have any further feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Rae123 July 23, 2015

If you want a place that your parent will receive care and compassion..stay away from Orchard Park. It is ill run, not enough staff. I can go on and on. My mother was there for 5 weeks and only had 2 showers. At one point when she requested a shower, a wet rag was thrown at her and she was told to "wash yourself". Calls to the room are answered but if there is going to be any delay in fulfilling the request (such as a need for medication) the delay is not communicated to the resident. Dirty clothes were not put in her hamper. They were left on the floor. The bedside commode was not emptied. At one time my mother, who was confined to a wheelchair was told by a staff member that it wasn't the staffs responsibility to empty a commode. My mother sat in a room that smelled due to urine and B.M. left in the commode next to her bed until we got there the next day. The administration needs a course on how to run an assisted living facility. I would not recommend Orchard Park to anyone.
When my mother begin showing signs that her end of life was near, Hospice was not notified even though she was under Hospice care. The PA was not notified of her death until the following day.No one offered their condolences..it was awful.

We appreciate your thoughtfulness in providing us with feedback, though we are disheartened to hear of your disappointments with your mother’s care. We strive to enrich our residents’ lives through every service we provide and we regret that you feel this was not the case during your mother’s time with us. Please feel free to reach out to Executive Director Kim Sherman regarding any further feedback for our staff at our main line.

Susan104957950 April 27, 2015

Orchard Park was very nice and very good; I was very pleased with it. The staff was exceptional. Of the ones I visited, they were my favorite staff for the way they were interacting with the residents. The facility is older but clean and very nice, and the rooms were a little smaller. It was definitely on the top of my list.

Beverly47 December 22, 2014

I visited to Orchard Park. I like that it was smaller, but the rooms were kind of small. I would recommend it. It was clean. The people that we saw looked like they were well taken care of. They had a lot of activities, which I think is good for people that don't want to get out. This facility had both assisted living and independent living.

Terry38 October 31, 2014

Dad is at Orchard Park Assisted Living. They are very nice people, and the facility itself is very nice. It’s clean, and they have a lot of privacy. Everybody else there seems happy, but my dad is not happy although it has only been a week, and I think it may take some more time. I like the staff. They are very helpful. They have three pull cords in each apartment and all they have to do is call and ask for help. They are all very polite and eager to try to help. Dad is not attending any activities, but they have lots of activities. They have movie nights, popcorn available every morning, a little coffee area where they can sit. They also have a piano. They have a huge patio out in the back. They also have an arts and crafts room. People can do their own laundry if they want, and there is no charge. They also have a bus, and on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Friday mornings they have outings as well.

2win4 August 09, 2012

Orchard Park has the most caring of staffs. The resident really matters here. They offer Memory Care rooms too. The food is good and the facility is clean and pleasant, but it is the staff and administration that sets it apart.

kk benno July 06, 2012

It was a nice place, quiet area. The building and rooms were clean and always seemed to be kept tidy. The rooms varried in temperature dramatically and you couldn't really control it beyond a degree or two. When my grandma needed help with the bathroom/etc I always had to wave someone down in the hallway even though my grandma had buzzed a nurse. However the facility was full and staff was limited.

MamaFachy September 30, 2011

When my family was first searching for an assisted living facility, we had to look for a facility that could take our mother and also provide the medical attention for our ailing father, who had Alzheimer's disease. The only way that our parents agreed to stay was if they were to be together. Orchard Park provided that for us! When you walk through the front doors ,it's mesmerizing what you find inside. The fireplace, piano and organ are an I catcher, but then the massive dining room. WOW! Our parents room was a small loft/1 bedroom apartment which offered a bedroom, living area, private bathroom and a small kitchenette. It was perfect for them! When we walked through the facility it was spotless. People always greeted you or answered any questions . They offered many different activities like a movie night, dancing(even exotic), daily outings, talent shows and many more. The facility staff always put our mind at ease by providing transportation if we couldn't make a doctor appointment. Our parents were able to meet new friends and feel that they still mattered. I highly recommend anyone that has an elderly parent, grandparent or relative to visit for yourself. You'll be impressed!!

akemigem September 30, 2011

Orchard Park Assisted Living/Retirement/Senior Home was a wonderful experience for me. I had decided to volunteer here because I always wanted to work with senior people as I find their stories of their lives interesting and worth listening to. The seniors here were all very welcoming and sweet. The staff here were all extremely helpful and cared for the residents with the utmost care. Even the food was worth something to rave about for I usually stay there and volunteer for a couple of hours so I tend to get very hungry. I played card games, watch TV, read books, and listened to the residents talk about their lives. Everyone seemed to always have something to do or say. I served food and visited residents in their own room. There was wheelchair accessibility and even a hairdresser/salon within the Assisted Living Facility. The atmosphere was always cheery and homely even though the building was grandoise and rooms decorated to the senior's own discretion. I love and miss everything about this senior home, and hope to visit the lovely residents again!

From Orchard Park

Since 1990, we’ve provided compassionate and professional assistance to seniors in the Fresno and Clovis areas. Each member of our staff is dedicated to the betterment and enrichment of our residents’ lives. We offer:

• Assisted Living - for those seeking a little extra help with ADLs
  • Illuminations Memory Care - quality care and programming for those facing forms of dementia
  • Respite Care - care for shorter periods, such as after a hospital stay

Our residents also enjoy special features like:

• Restaurant-style meals
  • Landscaped gardens and walking paths
  • Religious services
  • Wellness and enrichment programs

Schedule a tour today.

Features of Orchard Park

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Movies, Movie nights, Parties with management, Art classes, Happy hours

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,470/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65 *consideration for special needs under 65

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State License(s): 107202541

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Orchard Park