American House Lakeside

15731 19 Mile Rd., Clinton Township, MI, 48038

Reviews of American House Lakeside

Anonymous108425950 June 16, 2015

American House Lakeside was very nice. It has been around for a long time. The staff was wonderful, and it was very clean.

Thank you for leaving your feedback! Our staff ensures that our residents and their family members feel part of our extended family! If you have any suggestions on how to make our community even better, please do contact me directly! Aubrey Brohl

Caring106189650 April 27, 2015

American House was nice, clean, and affordable. The apartments were nice -- 1-bedroom and real nice brown carpet, perfect size for a single person. It has a nice kitchen and cabinets; I was impressed. The staff was nice, and the dining setup was nice too. Security is basic, and it feels secured. They have bingo, exercise, movie nights, cards, and horse races.

Thank you for leaving your feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the American House Lakeside community! If there's any other information or assistance we can provide you with, please don't hesitate to contact me! Aubrey Brohl, Executive Director (586) 263-0081

RedWingsFan February 23, 2015

My relative lived at American House for a short time. It was clean and the staff is friendly. They have many events and activities. However, my relative did not care for it there. There were cliques and the other residents were not very welcoming if you were new. There was always a wait for the elevator and she did not like the food at all. She said that the food was bland and mushy. Breakfast was ok, but supper and dinner were not. We noticed a lot of prepared food in cans (think big cans from GFS). This is not a place to go if you need any form of memory care assistance. When visiting, you will often notice residents asleep in their wheelchairs in main area of the buildings. Ironically, we received a call from American House that said that they understood that we were looking for a place for our loved one three months after she moved out of American House.

Our nutritionist and executive chef always welcome suggestions for healthy menu options, and they work hard at creating and preparing delicious meals. In addition, we do have options at some of our other American House communities that have dedicated memory care. I'd be happy to discuss these options with you!

Michelle100093550 January 15, 2015

American House seemed homier, caring, and more comfortable than the others we’ve seen. The staff is very friendly. The apartment was nice -- very well setup -- and I think mother is going to be very happy there. The dining hall was very clean and very nice.

How exciting that your mother is joining our community!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. If you or your mother ever need anything, don’t hesitate to contact me personally!

Mary99767450 January 09, 2015

The American House Lakeside was nice, and the rooms seemed spacious. The lady who took us on a tour gave us a lot of information and resources which I thought was valuable. The residents were communicating with us as well, but the staff was not accommodating at the time of our visit.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry you did not find the staff accommodating at the time of your visit. We love visitors and we love showing off our lovely community. Please give me a call; I'd be happy to arrange another tour.

Caring79110250 June 17, 2014

American House Lakeside was very nice. It was very good. Everything was attractive and very well laid out. They had pretty much anything you would want in terms of activities. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. We looked at their one-bedroom unit that has a little kitchenette.

Thank you for the kind feedback! We work hard to keep our community clean and feeling like home. I’m glad you noticed the plethora of activities we have! Our Life Enrichment Director works hard at creating a busy calendar for our residents to enjoy – and we have fun with them! If I can ever be of any assistance to you, my door is always open (or you can call me up personally with any questions).

michigan530 November 20, 2012

The facility was not only very clean, but the staff was great. I could tell that the staff loved their jobs, which made the residents happy and feel welcome all at the same time. Especially during the Holiday Season, it can be hard for the residents to be without their family or loved ones, but American House made sure that there are things for the residents to do to keep them occupied and happy! The amenities were great as well, and provided privacy for the residents, while at the same time, always making sure that the residents were being taken care of. It was clear that the facility was well taken care of and updated on a regular basis. All of the residents there seemed like they enjoyed the space. I also noticed that American House provided lots of activities for the residents, so that they always have something to do.

Thanks for your comments michigan530! Having a personal space and privacy is important to everyone, so we like to provide our residents with their own domain, but also let them know that they're a part of the community too. We strive to take great care of our residents and offer tons of holiday activities to keep everyone in the spirit. Enjoy your holiday season, and feel free to stop in and say hello next time you're visiting!

Thank you, Laura Broecker, Executive Director (586) 263-0081

Marge2 November 05, 2012

My mother could no longer manage her own home, but she is still fairly independent and even does her own laundry. American House offers independent living where each of the resident has their own apartment. They receive meals down in the dining room three times a day. If their needs increase, they can hire additional services. They have a bus that takes them out to Meijer's once a week, so she can pick up what stuff she needs.

It's also close to my home, so I can get over there a lot. She's in a 2-bedroom apartment with handicapped equipped bathroom, and all the hallways are wide. They can socialize and there's always a group in the lobby just talking or another group that's watching TV. They had a family Halloween party. All the families were invited to come over for dinner. They had entertainment. A guy played a guitar with old music that they would recognize, and he took turns dancing with all the ladies. Everybody had a great time, it was wonderful.

The food is supposed to be all homemade, and they welcome family members to come and eat there if they want to. If the residents don't happen to like the two specials for the day, they can always order off a regular menu. They staff is very accommodating and they know everybody. They will call me immediately about any concern. I have no problems at all and I would recommend them. We're really happy with our choice.

They have pet therapy comes in, nursing students from the local school comes in and check blood pressure once a week, and there's a visiting physician every Wednesday. They take a couple of nice trips every month. They keep them active and interested in things.

Wow, you sure have touched on so many of the highlights we're proud to offer residents! Thank you, Marge2, for your wonderful review and your recommendation - it means so much to us. We always try to have new and fun things for our residents to do, and we're thrilled that your mother is happy, and that you're happy spending time here with her. Do stop in and say hi and let us know if you need anything!

Sincerely, Laura Broecker, Executive Director 586-263-0081

kshamrock20 June 25, 2012

American House Lakeside is a nice, quiet assisted living home. I found my visit here to be pleasant. I was taken by how silent it was around the facilities. There were some usual loud clattering, but for the most part, I must have shown up on a banal day. The place is clean, the furniture and the interior of the two apartments I saw were very well taken care of. The place looks like an old apartment building, not super old, just renovated. The staff seemed polite and hard working. I got the vibe that the residents were in good hands and take care of. I ate lunch with a few residents who said they didn't mind living there, though I could tell they wished they were still living on their own somewhere. I did eat the food that the home served, it wasn't too bad. It tasted like regular cafeteria food and my day went well. No problems. I helped serve the food and clean some of the outdoor areas, pick weeds etc. I visited as a community service volunteer.

Thank you, kshamrock20, for taking the time to be a community service volunteer and stopping by our American House Lakeside location! It is especially nice of you to notice how polite and hard-working all of our staff members are. They really do care about our residents, and about keeping the residence clean and nice-looking. Although some residents wish they were still living on their own, we find they are indeed happy living at American House with all the amenities we offer. Thank you for your review!

Sincerely, Laura Broecker Executive Director (586) 263-0081

LauraKay March 08, 2012

My family moved my Mom in to American House Lakeside last week and I simply cannot explain how pleased we are. There is medical staff on site 24/7 and caring, kind, gentle staff of all kinds visible in the building 'round the clock. Even the kids who serve residents their meals in the dining room are not only sweet, but thoughtful and considerate as well. Mom has been there five days and nearly every staff member in the building knows her name already. A member of the office staff stopped me last night on my way out to let me know that they've noticed that Mom hasn't been eating well. Really? With this many needy residents you noticed something that individual? Awesome! The first evening she was there, the community director, site manager, and heads of the recreation, housekeeping, and culinary departments came to welcome her with a pillow and homemade apple pie (Mom's favorite!) The medical staff is attentive and concerned with individualized care. While it takes a bit to get everyone on the same program, they are flexible and considerate of residents' needs. The food is excellent with a great selection of entrees at both the noon and five o'clock meals. Breakfast is continental and also includes a hot selection and the dining room itself is welcoming and bright. The community has just put a great deal of money in renovations and the new furniture and expected hallway lighting will be wonderful. I am so relieved that we've chosen American House for Mom. I feel confident that Mom's adjustment will be smoother here than at most of the other communites we checked out prior to our decision. I encourage anyone struggling with this tough decision to call and make an appointment with Aubrey B. You won't be sorry you did!

Thank you for recognizing us with these kind words Laura. We understand the many rewards and challenges of transitioning to a new home and we're grateful to you and your Mom for trusting us to help. We love what we do and it's nice to hear that it shows! We look forward to seeing you soon. Sincerely, Aubrey Brohl, Assistant Director

From American House Lakeside

Everything we do at American House is with respect and appreciation for our elders. We view sharing their later years of life as a great honor and our goal is to provide the most rewarding life experience for each and every resident. After all that is exactly what they provide us.

At American House, our resident get much more than an apartment; they get a lifestyle that no other community can compare. The American House lifestyle provides our resident with fine dining, maid service, recreational activities, social enrichment, transportation and so much more.

Amenities & Services

• Maintenance-free living
  • 1 & 2 bedroom apartments
  • Full-service restaurant style dining
  • Housekeeping & laundry services
  • Personal & scheduled transportation
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Emergency response system

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Third party medical support services available:

• Medication assistance/reminders

Apartment Features

Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private/Share

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, Overnight Guest Room, Guest Meals, Room Service, Separate Therapy Room, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Location of American House Lakeside