McGregor

14900 Private Drive, Cleveland, OH, 44112

Reviews of McGregor

January 06, 2015

Before my father passed away, he was at McGregor Home. We chose this facility because it was close to home. Also we had a good review from the hospital that he was in. My overall experience with this place was excellent. The staff was very good too. The rooms were excellent. They were very spacious and very nice. I sat with my father to eat. Everyone ate in the same dining room. It was nice too. Activities for my dad, he had to have physical therapy. He also had speech and occupational therapy.

July 25, 2014

By purple78925

I would have liked to know that my mother would come to know and love her highly experienced and well trained caregivers, only to lose those beloved caregivers to younger, less experienced caregivers who have passed some certification program to receive their STNA, yet not developed the skill of communicating with residents and their families, with love and experience. They lost some amazing people (in ASSISTED living, not skilled).

June 07, 2013

By Thelma3

My mother got ill and her doctor got her into the McGregor Home for rehabilitation. They have a rehabilitation center, skilled nursing, and assisted living. So far, the staff is pretty good. I don't have any complaints. They're very attentive to my mother. She's getting three meals, therapy, and all her medication. The rooms are pretty spacious. I haven't eaten there, but the meals looked pretty good to me. It is clean and no matter how far you are into the facility, you don't get any unpleasant odors. It's a very homey facility. They have activities there as well. The grounds are nice and well maintained.

April 14, 2013

By Prayeful

My family member was a long term resident of McGregor, having been on two floors and experienced the nursing home going from higher quality to low quality when the opened up the assisted living component and expanded to other properties, including McGregor Overlook. The staff ratio is in need of addressing as often there are not enough staff to take care or residents' needs and, often, they are working short. The newest STNAs are not well trained and are often rude, unprofessional, and stand around talking too much about their personal lives, to the neglect of residents. We have personally experienced staff who are problematic and who commit acts for which they should be fired per the agency's own policies, reassigned to another floor. Once known as a stellar facility, this nursing home has seriously declined, not worthy of the five star rating. However, as one look at other nursing homes, this one still is one of the best. Family and friends, regardless of where your loved one is placed, you must stay involved and attempt to partner in the care of your loved one as my family did.

August 21, 2012

By simon1

My mother stayed in this facility for one month. All of the nurses and staff were completely professional, and attentive. I did notice there was some segregation in the dining hall, but otherwise the staff was quite gracious. The grounds and the amenities of the facility were outstanding. Including, the gardens, the art spaces, and the community recreational room. I would definitely recommend this facility to others and in fact, a friend of mine's aunt experienced something quite similar. She too, had positive thing s to say.

July 23, 2012

By npc

This assisted living provider was great. The facility is on a huge estate, and the buildings offer a wide variety of services. This facility offers short and long term assisted living, senior housing, and various rehabilitation services. The staff were very friendly. The food was pretty terrible, but this is to be expected in a place like this as the food nutrition for the patients must be tightly monitored and controlled. There are many activities, including movie nights, games, and even live music. There are gardens on site where patients can help with planting flowers and vegetables. The rehabilitation room has a lot of equipment and the rehab staff is friendly and helpful. There were some annoying alarms that would go off frequently, and sometimes it seemed that it would take a long while for staff to tend to the patients when the alarms were sounded, but it did not seem to cause many problems in the long run. This would be a very nice place to have to choose for those looking into assisted living facilities.

August 02, 2011

By Drpup

McGregor overlooks University Circle and the Case campus. I volunteered there. The staff was mostly friendly. The security is pretty rigid. You have to ring in in order to enter. The nursing home residents were all sitting in front of a lounge area watching TV when I entered. There was a piano at the end of the hallway. Most of them were asleep or watching TV. It didn't seem like the staff provided them with invigorating activities. The residents looked sad and lonely. They were always happy to have visitors. The rooms were nice. They were large and spacious. The bathrooms were nice as well. I think a big downside to the facility would probably have to do with the lack of invigorating activities for the men and women. They were also not allowed outside very often. The food was terrible, but that could just be because old people have poor taste buds. The place was quite small and everyone had private rooms and bathrooms. Overall, it was pretty nice but like all nursing homes kind of sad.

Photos of McGregor

Services & Amenities of McGregor

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 0592R

About McGregor

A non-profit assisted living and retirement facility, McGregor offers its residents a longstanding reputation of excellence. For over a century, McGregor has been servicing the needs seniors in the greater Cleveland area. McGregor’s sprawling senior living community is located on a 32-acre historic estate. Walk-out courtyards, beautiful gardens and meandering walking paths surround guests, offering them much in the way of pride of ownership.

Above and beyond all of this physical beauty, McGregor improves the experience of the aging senior population by enabling them to age successfully in a place they are proud to call home. At the same time, McGregor’s assisted living facility ensures the seniors who live here enjoy the highest standards of personal dignity, respect, quality of life and compassion.

At McGregor, we are uniquely positioned to handle Cleveland area seniors’ unique assisted living requirements. Whether it’s is assistance with basic daily tasks or round-the-clock nursing care, our qualified staff is professionally trained to provide the necessary care expertly and compassionately. Following are just some of the aspects of the McGregor community that set us apart from the assisted living competition.

• We provide a safe and comfortable assisted living environment every day.
  • We offer a high value alternative that enables seniors to stay on their own longer.
  • As a resident, you maintain complete control of your nest egg.
  • Our comprehensive set of support services make life easier for our senior residents.
  • Our Assisted Living services are all-inclusive, resulting in stress-free peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
  • As seniors’ assisted living needs change over time, we offer other on-campus housing and care options (from independent retirement living all the way to nursing home services) to ensure continuity of care.

Assisted Living at McGregor is a place where you can express your own unique personality and foster connections to your family and friends. We’re committed to your personal well-being and making your life easier in a Home-like setting, providing Life Enrichment Activities.

Map of McGregor