Brookdale Rockefeller

3151 Mayfield Rd., Cleveland Heights, OH, 44118

Reviews of Brookdale Rockefeller

Jerry39 January 04, 2015

We visited Brookdale (Homewood at Rockefeller Garden). The staff was very helpful. I liked them a lot. They were nice, homey, and comfortable. We looked at the dining room. It looked nice and clean, and it was open. They had some sort of exercise going on for the residents, and some were some sitting and talking in the cafeteria and in the lounge area.

We saw different places, and it was the best one -- I think -- because it was well kept-up and clean, and the people were friendly. The rooms were nicer than the ones that we saw from the other facilities that we looked at. It seemed to be secured and safe enough.

Caring76098650 June 27, 2014

I don't think Homewood has enough staff. The ratio of aides to patients is not that great. They lack a lot of attention to a lot of the patients. A lot of them are left sitting sometimes in the hallways or left unattended, which I don't like. They need constant cleaning. Mom's laundry shouldn't be wrapped in her sheets. The chairs could use some cleaning as far as upholstery. The dining area is pretty clean. I don't think the food is senior-friendly, meaning it's too heavy, too greasy. Some of the stuff is just not good for them. I just wish they would bring in somebody. They don't really offer a lot of sugar-free desserts, and my mom is a big dessert eater. They should offer a couple more options for them.

JMW51 May 01, 2014

My mother is not happy with the meals. The response to call button has not been prompt. Family members are not welcomed to stay for meals without advance reservation.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about Homewood at Rockefeller Garden. The safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. We apologize for disappointing you and your mother and would like very much for you to call us at 877-400-5296.

Dixie Pixie April 26, 2014

I have lived at Homewood at Rockefeller Garden for 6 years. it has some faults, like most assisted living homes. However, I feel like we are the stepchild of Homewood. I feel that because we are so small, we do not get noticed like the bigger assisted living homes in the Brookdale system. I feel we are not worse than any other home. How ever I would love to know that they do appreciate us; that we are important to them.

We are so sorry to hear that you feel you are not appreciated. We consider all of our communities and residents to be important members of our Brookdale family. Whether large or small, each community is designed to provide senior living solutions for all the places families want life to go. We apologize for disappointing you and would like very much for you to call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss.

Careful Consideration April 21, 2014

The leadership at the facility is top notch. All of the staff is dedicated and caring, I feel like they are extended family. The facility beautiful and well maintained, with many amenities. An excellent choice for our special mother.

CHK April 13, 2014

My Mom has been a resident of the memory care units for almost 4 years and both she and I have been very happy with the compassionate care she has received. The programs provided for memory impairment have slowed the progression of dementia and have allowed my Mom to maintain a satisfactory quality of life. The staff are caring and interactive and provide a "homelike" atmosphere. Staff work well with family to solve problems/issues that may arise.

Carl11 April 12, 2014

I visited Homewood at Rockefeller Garden. The whole thing was absolutely terrific. I'm impressed with the surroundings from the beginning, on the first entry, the lobby area was very pleasant, but most importantly the rooms were very appealing. They did have one-bedroom and studio apartments, and they were very good. It was a 5-star establishment. The staff was cordial. They were very professional in their delivery, and they answered any questions that I might have had. They were very forthright without any hindrance.

Tim17 April 01, 2014

Homewood at Rockefeller seem nice. It's a big facility with big rooms. The staff was nice. I think they had entertainment. It was clean.

Caring0814 June 12, 2013

I visited Homewood at Rockefeller Garden for my mom. I like this facility because everything about it was very nice, the rooms, the staff, etc. It was also a clean facility. This would be my first choice. I didn't get to stay long enough to sample their food though.

DvdC83 January 28, 2012

A very comfortable assisted living faciity in Cleveland Heights that provides a home environment for its residents and provides care to health and wellbeing. It's amenities are excellent and staff were fabulously kind, welcoming and warm and it was apparant the residents in this community were happy to be residents. The cost was appropriate for the accomodation standards and activities and amenities provided. This facility is definately worth looking at for anyone who desires assistant living for a loved family member and offers a home from home environment with commmunity involvment

From Brookdale Rockefeller

Brookdale Rockefeller provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Rockefeller

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Rockefeller