Brookdale Clermont

650 Minnehaha Avenue, Clermont, FL, 34711

Reviews of Brookdale Clermont

RB1 December 10, 2015

The staff was extremely friendly at Brookdale. We ate there and it was very good. The dining area was very pleasant and nice. The room that they offered us was a very nice apartment. The activities that we observed were not too many, there were some puzzles in the hallway, but I understand they were going to do construction in their activity areas.

Caring113158250 September 17, 2015

My parents are at Brookdale Clermont. They're doing good. My mother doesn't do well in changes, but she is coming along. They treat my parents well. If they need something, they're there. Food is good. They serve them three meals a day. There is a lot included in the price that I'm paying. They help them with getting to and from the dining room for meals. A doctor comes in on every Thursday, and he goes to all the residents. He is doing like a house call. The staff is friendly and straight to the point. They have nursing on staff. They have people on staff to administer medications. The administrator is great, and everybody knows everybody on a first name basis basically. The patient to staff ratio is almost 5:1. They have a lot of call buttons. If they need some, they push it. They have people there 24/7. Plus it is close to my home; I'm 7 minutes away.

Lynn112560950 September 07, 2015

Brookdale Clermont was old, not bright and cheery. It’s kind of depressing although the room was OK. However, the area where people gathered and the dining room were very disappointing. There was a small activity room, and that was disappointing too.

Caring112528150 August 27, 2015

The rooms seemed a little bit larger, and they had a screened porch or balcony, which we thought was nice. The staff was fine. The biggest problem with Brookdale Clermont (Formerly Emeritus at Oak Park) is our son lives in Leesburg, so that would be a long way for him to come visit. It had a negative effect on our decision, but we liked the place.

Meg6 July 29, 2015

So far, I've been very happy with Brookdale Clermont (Formerly Emeritus at Oak Park). They all seem to be working well together and responsive. My mother loves it. Her room got a balcony and a screened-in porch. She has not been feeling well enough to go down to the dining room, but it looks wonderful. She has been having her meals brought up to her right now. The staff has been great. I've been dealing with mainly the wellness director, the nursing leader, and the director, and they've all been very responsive. They have church services, outings to different places, to the grocery store, and to the beach, but she has not partaken in anything.

Marsha28 July 06, 2015

Brookdale Clermont (Emeritus at Oak Park) is a smaller community with about 60 rooms. It also is very close to my sister, so the location was important to us. It is quite intimate, so almost all the staff knows the residents very well. I have had dinner there, and the dining room is nice. My mother loves the fact that they had real napkins; it was a big deal to her that they had real napkins. They have music that comes in. My mother has some dementia, not enough to be in a memory unit, but if she should ever get there, then they have that available to us too. It is not like she is going to do a lot of Bingo playing and that type of thing, but they do have that available. She loves to have her haircut, and they have a salon on site, so she got her haircut and her nails done, and she was very thrilled with that. The staff was very professional and very caring, and that probably had a lot to do with our decision.

Caring107448750 May 28, 2015

The overall experience with Brookdale Clermont (Emeritus at Oak Park) has been very good. They certainly try to include and involve our mother, and they also have provided me the necessary feedback and good feedback that we need to keep up with. She is in an efficiency apartment, but it certainly is the adequate space that she needs. I’ve eaten there a couple of times, and so far, it’s been alright. It’s not steak and lobster, but they do have good choices. Overall, the preparation and the quantity for the residents are pretty spot on. They have outings and singing groups or people that come periodically, and they have special visits like a magician or video games, so they have different activities. We were impressed with the overall cleanliness, the overall appearance of the surroundings that they are in, and the personable touch.

Cindy106463150 May 28, 2015

We chose Brookdale Clermont. The room that she is in is very large. They do her clothes and laundry as well. The staff would come in during the night to make sure she is OK. They also have a necklace monitor. They were really nice, and they also administer all her medications. They give them three meals a day in which they definitely need a new cook in there, and she is not happy with it. She does Bingo, but we are not really thrilled with the activities they have for the seniors.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are not completely satisfied with the meals and activities provided. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Maria30 May 29, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Oak Park because I live very close to that place. But my father doesn’t want to live here, so he went home to Puerto Rico. He has Alzheimer's. I’m very happy with the visit. I don’t know the name of the woman who works there, but she's a very nice person. The place is very clean. If I need to select a place for my father, that is a good place for him. I want a place that is like a home, and I think that Emeritus at Oak Park is like that. It’s a very good place. My husband and I are happy about it. I saw a man's room. It’s like a studio, and it’s very clean and comfortable. It looks like a bedroom in their house. I love that he has a family picture there and he remembers his family. I cried when I saw it. They gave me a calendar that has various activities, and I saw that they had a church service inside.

Ivan2 January 30, 2014

I had one issue with the Emeritus at Oak Park as to what I was told when I pulled my mother out. That they'll still assess me for not giving them the full month's notice even though I thought that as long as they sold the place or rented it out again, I would not be punished, but I still got punished. My stepfather was also there, but he died of cancer. She had a nice room that she shared with her husband. She slept on the couch, which was her choice as I understand, while he slept on the hospital bed. As far as I know, they were safe and it's clean. The staff was very good. But, they need a larger facility. For the number of patients they had, they were cramped.

Echo1 September 14, 2013

I went to Emeritus at Oak Park and it was clean. The rooms were not as spacious as you wanted it to be but it was good. I did not try their food but they had restaurant-style serving. The residents seemed quite happy.

Arthur3 August 27, 2013

I was looking for a place and I visited Emeritus at Oak Park. It is a nice place. They have a swimming pool there. Everything is beautiful. However, I couldn't afford the price with the income I have.

caring0004 June 26, 2013

We had a quick walk through at Emeritus at Oak Park. It was a very nice place. Their rooms were nice and I thought some were bigger and nicer. The overall facility was homey for us. It would be a lovely place to stay but we have just decided that we did not want to move to any place right now.

joyour April 01, 2013

I am a retired healthcare executive who has the opportunity to visit over 1,000 healthcare centers throughout the United States. Emeritus at Oak Park is truly an exceptional center. The facility layout is very good, a variety of services and activities offered, THE most impressive is the centers employees and the family and caring attitude they represent. Not only would I place my parents as a resident of this facility, I am going to go and volunteer and enjoy this wonderful professional healthcare center.

JackieO2 December 27, 2012

My father is in Emeritus at Oak Park right now. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They go above and beyond. My dad can be very, very difficult sometimes, but they take care of him. They're great, especially, Carrie. She's really wonderful and compassionate. I love her to death. Everybody is, but she really standout. It's just a shame that I have to pull my dad out of there and move him to New York. But I want him close to me and my mom.

Martha5 August 14, 2012

The building structure of this place is okay. But for someone who is in a wheelchair or scooter, the surrounding area might be a bit difficult. I toured several rooms and they were nice even if it only has a microwave and a small refrigerator in them. The staff was wonderful. They were very friendly. I also noticed residents playing bingo when I was checking this place. Everything I saw here was positive, I will recommend this place.

Anonymous15 February 28, 2012

I currently reside with my daughter and son in law. But, I am actively researching assisted living facilities in the Clermont area. I came across Emeritus at Oak Park. I toured the facility with 2 other ladies, My daughter, and My son in law as I am hoping to find my own space with 2 to 3 months.

My first impression of the property was how beautiful and well kept it was. It was a great experience as we even had an opportunity to experience the great food as we stayed for lunch. Our representative, T. was helpful and delightful.

At first glance I was amazed at how small some of the rooms were until T. showed us another room. It was occupied but, I could tell that it was ample space.

I was most concerned about the money. It's a bit pricey for me. I almost felt it was out of my league. But, T. assured me that she could offer resources for some contacts at the VA who could offer assistance.

From Brookdale Clermont

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9139