The Oaks of Clearwater

420 Bay Avenue, Clearwater, FL, 33756

Reviews of The Oaks of Clearwater

Anonymous107908450 June 22, 2015

My mom was at The Oaks of Clearwater. It was good. The lady that took us in was very nice. They had quite a number of stories, and they only had two elevators, but during that time only one of them was working.

John's daughter 215 February 03, 2015

This is a 5 star review for the staff on the 2nd floor. Thank you for taking wonderful care of my Dad in his last few months of life. These caregivers are compassionate, caring, and professional. The took care of my Dad like family. I watch them also with the other residents and all I see is a true commitment in making all the patients happy and comfortable. There are no words to express my sincere thanks and gratitude for the great work you do. May God bless you all and thank you.

Caring100210550 December 30, 2014

My wife is staying at The Oaks, and she hasn't been there long enough. She is in a ward with three other ladies. She was familiar with the area, and so far they prove to be very satisfactory. I'm satisfied with them.

Caring103218450 December 20, 2014

I like the inside design of The Oaks of Clearwater. The view from the window is on the water. I like the activities that are available. They have Bingo, music, painting, and art classes.

Gayle10 November 29, 2014

The Oaks of Clearwater was a high rise. We were very impressed with this one. It was very nice, very clean, and I couldn't find anything that was wrong with it. We did have a meal there, and it was very good.

Caring79546650 November 29, 2014

My aunts lived in The Oaks of Clearwater. When we signed up, their marketing people were superb, but the staff that actually worked there was awful. The food was fine. They had variety and an attentive staff. The room was nice and spacious. It had a nice view out to the bay. They had most activities I had seen in other place. The Oaks of Clearwater was more secure, but that's fine; it was quite appropriate.

Diana27 February 14, 2014

The Oaks at Clearwater was the only place we can afford at that time. They were working with us and waiting for us to get my parents qualified for a Medicaid waiver. My parents have been there for a little over two years now. On the whole, I would give them 6 out of 10. Their menu is too highly salted for seniors. Not too long after my mother moved in there, she went into congestive heart failure, which she had not had any problems with at other times. The doctor took it back to her eating the food, mainly their soups, at that facility. So, she no longer eats any of the soups and has had no further problems with it. Their food is fairly good, but they had a major turnover in both the dining-kitchen area and management in the last two years. There is probably not a whole lot of people still there that were there when they first moved in. Their care is fairly good. We haven't really had any problems with the staff. They might be a little slow in getting things done, but I think they are actually a little overworked, so they are not be able to put as much attention on the job as they normally would and I feel that they are a bit understaffed. The facility itself is kept up pretty much. It has a nice view. They are by the water, so you can see the view. My parents really enjoy that, especially my father. They are in a one-bedroom, one bath apartment. It's well-kept, but not a lot storage. It is just barely adequate for a couple, but they are okay. But the drawback of the facility is that they only have two elevators. For their size, the number of residents that they have, and the size of some of the wheelchairs, walkers, and stuff, those two elevators are not adequate. My parents are not really happy there, mainly for that reason. There are some pros to the facility, but we are finding more cons lately.

Caring74836650 January 28, 2014

The impressive thing about The Oaks is the location, they were right by the water there, it's pretty nice. The only bad thing about that place that I know of, they only have two elevators there. I believe that's a 15-floor building or 16 floors and there are only 2 elevators that operate up and down in that building. If one goes down, you're in trouble. And at lunch time, you have these people who are on wheelchairs, walkers and scooters and they all try to get in and it's irritating because you wait for the elevator. Sometime, I'm sitting there waiting for the elevator to get to me for about 20 minutes. I'm not exaggerating, I'm telling you. You're talking about these people, they're pretty old, they can't move fast or run downstairs and they have to wait for these elevators. They only have one large elevator, the other one is a small one. They do have a third elevator which is in the cafeteria downstairs but it goes up to the second floor only.

They'll serve you steak but you have to buy it separately. On the 15th floor, they dine and if you want a steak, you have to pay extra for a steak so the food there is not all that as well.

If you want to make a long distance phone call, you have to pay for it as well and the money that I'm paying for that place, I pay $2000 a month, is not worth it. The only thing that that building's got going for itself is where it's at. I'm going to get ready to pull my father out of there. I'm not so happy with it and I notice other people that have moved in and moved out because you have no contract there. You move in, you deposit $1500 non-refundable and then you pay $2000 a month and then every year they go up.

Other than that, the location is nice, the building is nice. The staff did pretty cool. I had no run-ins with the staff so far.

vincevaughn August 31, 2013

We visited The Oaks of Clearwater earlier this week. The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. One thing we noticed was every resident who we ran into said hello to us and asked if we were looking to move someone in. If so, they will love it. I was surprised at the question and the comment. At other places we looked at the residents looked down, didnt seem happy and basically ignored what we going on around them. Not what I am looking for. We are having a family meeting on Labor Day to make our decision but Oaks of Clearwater has my vote hand down. If you are facing the same decision we are, I suggest you take a look for yourself.

AgnesinGulfport July 11, 2013

I removed my mother from this facility in the spring and am very happy with her new home. What a difference the right staff can make in geriatric care. The aids and nursing staff were rude and the management does not respond to complaints. There are only 2 elevators for 13 floors worth of residents and I could not walk up and down the stairs. I had to wait for up to 10 minutes for an elevator. I could not figure out what would happen if they had a true evacuation type emergency. My Mom liked the food and wait staff in the dining room. I could tell when they had not given my Mom her medicine and often questioned the dosing times. They would leave her in her wheelchair for long periods of time.

gretchen11 June 27, 2013

My father in law was on the rehab floor for 9 months after a broken hip and loved it. The therapy was great and very prompt. The nursing staff was very loving and respectful towards everyone and the food was amazing!

LindsayA April 24, 2013

The staff was pleasant at the Oaks. However, the facility was older-looking and it wasn't clean. It may have been but it didn't look like it because the carpeting and the like were old. My mother was not pleased with that. The dining area was okay but we didn't eat there. They need to update their waiting or lobby area, hallways and their carpeting.

Caring7682 March 29, 2013

We were looking for an independent living facility for my parents. The Oaks was fine. It's a clean place but not that immaculate. The Oaks was more of an assisted living type. The model room they showed us was small. We were looking for more of a kitchen and more of an apartment. There was a refrigerator and a microwave but no kitchen. Everybody who worked there was very, very nice.

Caring9656 November 02, 2012

Our visit to The Oaks was pleasant. The people are nice and the atmosphere was fairly good. We did not have any meals there because my husband wanted to leave. The rooms upstairs were nicely accommodated, but they were very small. But the view was absolutely terrific, looking out the bay waters. They don't have a pool, they need to put a pool in somewhere. They only have a small exercise room with two pieces of equipment.

Paul2 June 21, 2012

It's a very sociable place. My mother had a sister in-law who lives there before so she is fully familiar with the facility. The entire facility is of high standards. The environment is clean and the food is good. It has good organization and activities for the residents. They take them on a short day trips. They provide transportation if the residents need to see their doctors. What's also good is that the monthly fees are very reasonable. Their dining room is very well maintained and well furnished. My mother is 92 years old and is still refusing the idea of going to an assisted living facility for now. She likes The Oaks and when she's ready, this is gonna be the place for her.

DisgustedInDunedin June 02, 2012

This facility was supposed to help my Aunt in regards to her well being and ability to get around without the fear of losing track of where she was, falling over, becoming a danger to herself and forgetting to take her medications.

During her stay there she was found to be unconscious in her living quarters on several occasions. At one point in time I actually received a call from one of the attendants saying that she had been wandering off into the property at nighttime. On the last incident she was found to need treatment in a hospital after having fallen off of her couch one evening.

A fellow resident and neighbor there called me to inform me that my Aunt had been hospitalized and that the police had come in to remove her. While there they found approximately 50 bottles of unused medications that had been prescribed to her. At that point I insisted that there be a DEA investigation or some type of malpractice investigation, but to no avail. I was repeatedly ignored until her son and I decided to have her moved elsewhere.

Ultimately this is the worst assisted living facility I have had the displeasure of being acquainted with. I would never suggest anyone consider placing their loved one with them.

DocMike February 17, 2012

It was clean, which is a very important quality, and everyone inside seemed well cared for with plenty of staff and workers to tend to the patients. There was no unpleasant smell, in comparison to some other homes i have visited, and this was a welcome change. The Dietary needs of the patients were taken into consideration, and a record of each patient's dietary restrictions and preferences was compiled on a computer. Very efficient, clean and well run organization which cared for its residents and their home. Polite and intelligent staff members.

From The Oaks of Clearwater

Welcome to The Oaks of Clearwater Senior Living

The Oaks of Clearwater is a fifteen story hi-rise located on the inner coaster waterway of Clearwater Beach. Our campus is comprised of our main hi-rise, and four free standing independent villa units on the outer perimeter of our main parking lot. We are located right in the heart of downtown Clearwater and are just slightly over a mile away from Clearwater Beach.

The Oaks of Clearwater offers an all-inclusive lifestyle for all of our residents that is catered to each resident’s individual needs. Our staff works hard to ensure that our residents receive the quality of life they deserve through living out our company’s mission statement; Caring, Compassionate Service.

Clearwater Assisted Living

Assisted Living at The Oaks of Clearwater is the perfect solution for potential residents who are in search of a convenient, care-centered lifestyle that is hassle free. Assisted Living at The Oaks of Clearwater is the ideal lifestyle option for seniors in search of an environment that supports independence, but is available to assist residents with activities of daily living, and other care services upon request and need. Upon admission to The Oaks of Clearwater, we take careful thought and consideration toward each individuals care needs, and we customize the care and services we provide to them to fit their specific needs.

Clearwater Memory Care.

Memory Care at The Oaks of Clearwater is a specialized community within our community. We have two uniquely designed floors in our community that are dedicated to the special care of individuals who suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Our memory care community is designed specifically to cater to the needs of individuals who have conditions related to memory impairment. We have carefully designed an environment for our residents that focuses on services, care and programming to address the needs of our residents on and individualized and collective basis. We aim to stimulate the cognitive abilities of our residents and increase and maximize the capacity for their functionality so that they mirror life as they did when they lived at home independently.

Clearwater Independent Living

Independent living at The Oaks of Clearwater is the perfect solution for any senior seeking an easy transition into retirement living. Independent living in our community involves full support of a completely independent and active lifestyle that is convenient and exciting. Our Independent living seniors have two options for apartments at our community; our hi-rise or our villas. Both can accommodate single or double occupancy, and there are various room options available to accommodate our residents every needs.

We believe in an all-inclusive lifestyle for all of our residents, regardless of level of care, which is why we offer convenient services to every type of residents living at The Oaks. Independent living is ideal for any senior that functions autonomously, and does not require any significant healthcare oversight or care services

The all- inclusive care services provided to our Standard Assisted Living residents involves the appropriate combination of the below listed services:

• Rent
  • All Utilities (including extended basic cable, and local telephone)
  • Three chef prepared meals daily
  • Snack and hydration programming options for off meal times
  • Daily assistance with dressing, bathing, and grooming
  • Stand by shower assistance, and assistance with personal hygeine
  • Assistance with the ordering, set up and delivery of all medications
  • Personal Laundry
  • 24 Access to staff, and access to licensed medical professionals
  • Activities and Social Programming
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Emergency Call light pendent
  • Access to emergency pull cords in every bathroom
  • Room checks
  • Access to in house visiting physicians, and medical providers, including outpatient therapy
  • Access to assisted living amenities and lounging areas, and so much more!

Thank you for your interest at The Oak of Clearwater senior living communities. Please give us call to schedule a free tour.

The Oaks of Clearwater offers all of our residents an all-inclusive lifestyle. We understand the importance of providing our residents with a full service community that offers an excellent service level of care combined with affordability. Keeping the needs of our residents in mind, we have developed our all-inclusive lifestyle that is both affordable and convenient.

Features of The Oaks of Clearwater

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 1374096