Brookdale Countryside

3260 North McMullen Booth Rd., Clearwater, FL, 33761

Reviews of Brookdale Countryside

Caring104081450 March 31, 2015

Brookdale is beautiful, and I love it. My father was set to go in, and he died Friday before he got in. They were wonderful. We signed all the papers, and he was ready to move in. It was all wonderful, and it looked very nice. The cleanliness and the surroundings impressed me.

Caring88396350 September 23, 2014

Freedom Inn is a four floor building and very excellent place. They have an area for the seniors that smoke, and there is a very accessible shopping center right next to the building. They have lots of activities for the seniors and the staff is very nice and friendly.

LovelyLady0000052 May 28, 2014

I didn’t like Freedom Inn. It was too small. They play bingo, which is not my cup of tea. However, they're very friendly, and they tried to explain things to me.

Caring76798250 April 29, 2014

The service is fair. My mother never gets really great care at Freedom Inn at Countryside, but she’s fine. They don’t have enough people working there. They’re understaffed. Cleanliness is good. Mother's room is adequate. What I’ve seen is that they’re all about the same. If we’re not there to monitor, sometimes things don’t get done. They lack quality control. The food is basic, so they could improve on that. They take them places off and on. They have the typical daily activities that most places have.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Freedom Inn at Countryside. The staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident every day and will review your comments and suggestions.

Sandra39 December 13, 2013

Freedom Inn is an awesome facility and I liked it, but they only have suites and they have no separate bedroom. The staff were excellent. We had a good tour at the facility and they were very friendly and informative. At that time, they offered very good special prices and they were good. Their community room is right at the lobby and it’s really good for people who like very social contact.

Ed10 September 10, 2013

Freedom Inn was a very nice single story facility close to hospitals and doctors. Mom did not want to be in a highrise home. This was an older facility but it was nicely kept and renovated. The pricing was reasonable and the staff was very much accommodating and nurturing to mom. The food is excellent, there's a lot of choices on every menu and they give ample portions.

Marian2 February 13, 2013

My dad was in this facility for the final eight months of his life. He was in the Alzheimers unit. My mom visited him daily ( I live 1200 miles away). The coordinator of his unit was the most amazing young woman. She helped my mother navigate the system and was caring and compassionate throughout my dads stay. Many of the staff attended my dads funeral. Their love and compassion was evident all the time and that gave us peace of mind.

N0314 July 05, 2012

Facility was well-maintained and I have absolutely no qualms about recommending it to anyone looking for a similar assisted-living home. A few members of the staff could be particularly abrasive and you had to light a fire under them when you needed help, but this was a rare occasion. Dining facility was excellent and my grandmother gave no gripes about the food, though she was very picky when she ate. Group dynamic seemed to be of excellent quality and the facility did not seem like a prison for those who could actually communicate meaningfully. Those responsible for a higher level of care (nurses and the like) were always open to questions regarding my grandmother's treatment and never was I turned away or discouraged from questioning their decisions, though I never had to do so often. The transition from the facility into our care, and shortly thereafter the hospice, was smooth as butter and couldn't have gone any better. Overall, I would almost certainly recommend this facility to other people, particularly those requiring aid.

CAG1 February 24, 2012

The Freedom Inn Countryside in Clearwater, Florida is an assisted living facility that offers residents independent living with some assistance. Residents who require more care are catered to individually and an Alzheimer's section of the facility is also available in the rear of the facility. The facility is located just off McMullen Booth Road and the surrounding neighborhood is very nice but a little busy. The outside of the building is well kept and this continues on when you walk through the front doors. The inside of the building including the TV room and cafeteria are maintained well and clean. The private rooms that are offered to residents are spacious and allow for plenty of movement. They are also modern and very well maintained.When I visited it was around dinner time and most of the residents were enjoying a meal in the cafeteria. I got a chance to eat there and the food was ok but nothing above average. From my experience in talking with some of the residents the CNA and nursing staff treated them quite well and did an excellent job in taking care of them. The only thing that bothered me during my visit was witnessing one of the regional managers and his behavior there. He was walking around very arrogantly and did not acknowledge some of the nursing staff. When I investigated further with some of the residents, it seems that kind of behavior is the norm for this facility. The management from the director level to the top is lacking and seems to be very disorganized and misguided. I walked away with the impression that the good quality of care at the Freedom Inn is a result of the hard work of the nursing staff.

tampabayCNA December 22, 2011

Freedom Inn At Countryside is a well manicured facility. Freedom Inn buildings pretty much are all externally appealing in my opinion. Once you enter the facility the first thing you notice is how it feels as if you just entered a five star hotel lobby. Large and open common areas and rooms designed specifically for activities for the residents. Each room is more of a apartment style set up. Most rooms have a living room, a kitchenette and at least one bedroom. The hall ways are long to me, but very spacious. The staff is helpful and friendly. The meals provided are "dinner".

From Brookdale Countryside

Brookdale Countryside provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Countryside

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Countryside