Brookdale Clearwater

2750 Drew Street, Clearwater, FL, 33759

Reviews of Brookdale Clearwater

November 30, 2015

By Sarah47

The food is excellent and so good since I came here at Brookdale Clearwater. I gained 6 pounds. It’s got good activities, like bingo, just about every day. It’s a really good place. The staff has been very good too. They clean my room once a week. They get my laundry and bring it back on hangers, and I have never lost any.

October 28, 2015

My husband was at Brookdale Clearwater. They interviewed me, and I told them he is a total care and he is a two-man lift, and they assured me that they could take care of him. When I first walked in, they were very friendly, and the facility was clean. They made you feel at ease. However, they should have never taken my husband, because he was too severe. That's what most places told me, but this one assured me they could take care of him. I regret putting him there more than anything in the world. He was there two weeks and he got sick. He was in the hospital for a week and then he went to hospice. He lasted for one week after that. My husband was in a private room, and it was sufficient. He had his own bathroom. The people up on the memory care were very nice, but the day he got sick, I could not get the nurse downstairs at all to come and take his temperature. I called in hospice, and they took him to the hospital right away. They played music; they did games; and they had the TV going. They entertained them, but my husband was the worst one there. The dining room was very clean. I don't have any negative comments about the building and about the staff. For assisted living, this facility was OK, but not for the memory-care unit.

August 26, 2015

By BonnieG

My mother was in the memory care facility for less than a month. The hall that she lived in smelled like feces and urine. The air conditioner was in the other room and her room would become unbearably hot. She was at the beginning of the hall and I would watch for caregivers to come by, sometimes waiting up to 45 minutes. When I looked for a CNA they were all watching television. She had a fall and was not taken to the doctor and the family was not notified. I witnessed an aide yelling and mistreating a resident. Do not put a loved one here! We moved her to another facility that had better food and care.

August 06, 2015

By Linda111470050

My mom is in Brookdale Clearwater. The facility is very good. Everybody is very nice, kind, and very helpful. They make the transition very easy. The apartment is very nice. It is a little bit larger than some of the others that I visit. It is bright, and it is really pretty. My mom says the food is good, and it is a big priority to her. The dining room is very nicely set up. All has been satisfactory, and I just like everything about it.

July 04, 2015

By Karen110542750

The one we selected for my mom was Brookdale at Clearwater. The residents were very nice. They were very engaged and very active. The staff was 100% straightforward with their answers and didn't try to do the sales pitch to us. They have a lot of activities, and that's one of the reasons we selected them. They have bingo, card games, and luncheon outings to different events like baseball games. They have a good amount of activities, and they kept an active community. The dining room is large and friendly. It has open windows that look over a garden. It is very nice. The rooms are spacious. They're a little bit out-of-date. They're not brand new remodeled rooms, so they have more of an older feel, but they're spacious and nice and clean.

March 31, 2015

By Peggy104210650

I moved my brother to Brookdale at Clearwater in the memory clinic. He was only there for four weeks. The facility is excellent, and the caregivers are excellent. The admission classes are very simple. The facility itself is clean and nice. The only thing that I would say -- and it is not them it is me -- I selected the facility because he could have his own apartment. He wasn't in a room with another guy, and that probably was a mistake. I think he would have probably done better had I put him in a facility that is smaller. It is a good facility but maybe not the best one for him. I would take the blame for that myself. The care that they were giving him was excellent, but he probably needed a little bit more supervision. The problem was because they have 35 other patients -- and he wasn't really asking for anything -- they did not notice that he was becoming more ill. He wasn't eating, and he got pneumonia. But I can't blame them because he didn’t complain. I'm sure it just went unnoticed, but I think they did a good job.

February 11, 2015

By Clark3

We went to one place in Clearwater, and it was a very nice. They seem like very nice people at Brookdale Clearwater. They have nice rooms. We weren't there for lunch, and I didn't see the food, but they have a nice clean place. They were good. For what I've of seen of it, everything seems to be nice.

November 29, 2014

By David97743650

We liked the Emeritus at Clearwater, but it did have more of an institutional feel to it, it was much larger, and I was looking for something that was kind of a medium-sized for my mom. It was probably our second choice. They had a friendly staff. We actually had lunch there, and the food was good. They didn't private accommodations.

September 17, 2014

By Thomas44

The people were very nice, and the Emeritus was extremely clean. I had lunch there, and the food was very good. The residents seemed friendly, and they seemed quite happy. They were playing Bingo, and I love Bingo. They had an ice cream party too and baked cookies. They had the room set up like an old-fashioned ice cream parlor.

September 08, 2014

By Caring92006250

The staff at Emeritus at Clearwater was very helpful, very polite and very nice. They showed us all the different areas, i.e., areas for dementia patients and for patients who needed more help than just assisted living. Their rooms depended on how much you wanted to pay. Basically, you could get from one to three people in a room. They were very nicely furnished and they had lots of windows. At Emeritus, they had lots of activities. They had exercise and bingo, they had two pools, and they had buses to take you shopping and to appointments. What I like best about this community is that it could get me back to Clearwater, which I dearly love. Also, it is closer to the beach. One of their activities was that they would take you to the beach. Also, it is closer to shopping than where I am now. Those are the things that are important to me. I would absolutely recommend this community to others, though it is on the pricey side.

July 31, 2014

The only problem I had with Emeritus was the space because I couldn’t even get my bed in the room. I only have a queen size bed and it would not fit in the designated bedroom area. I have a disability, so I don't see how elderly people with walkers and other types of aides can get around. There was not enough closet space for maybe five outfits either. I live in a house that I have to sell. Then I have to downsize everything, so it's going to be a while. We really had a nice visit. It was very clean and orderly. It's still like an institution -- I mean everything is coordinated and everybody's grouped together. They have a lot of windows downstairs, so everything is open and you can see the sun shining. The place is bright. They have a conference room, a library, and a computer area. They have a little bit of everything going on: Bingo, card games, group games, group singing and quite a few field trips during the week.

June 30, 2014

The staff was incredibly friendly at Emeritus. The maintenance of the property is excellent. They have an available one bedroom, one bath which we need to look into again before making a financial commitment. I found their memory care unit an unhappy place. There was no music, no artwork on the wall and it felt institutional.

May 28, 2014

By  LovelyLady0000052

Emeritus at Clearwater was not for me, I think it would be good for my husband. The people I saw walked like zombies. The rooms were small even if there's a bedroom. Nonetheless, the place, as well as the people, was very nice. It was clean, too.

May 20, 2014

By Sharon83337450

At Emeritus at Clearwater, they give you quite a lot of selections for the food. They offer for dinner breaded baked fish, turkey, fettuccini, braised beef. Lunch, they have light sandwiches, and this is just for this particular day. Emeritus is very nice. They have movie time and ice cream socials. The people were all very nice.

March 28, 2014

I was also impressed with Emeritus at Clearwater for pretty much the same reasons. It is close to me. That one was going to be my friend's second choice. We did see a studio apartment. There was a bathroom and a mini-kitchen. The dining area was very nice and very upscale. The staff was very friendly and warm to the residents. The residents were very friendly as well.

March 27, 2014

I chose Emeritus at Clearwater because of its location and price. The staff are very helpful. Their rooms are very spacious. I was able to eat there and the food was good. They do have a big activity room and do different kinds of activities. I would definitely recommend this place.

January 31, 2014

I discovered that everybody who works here seems to know your name. I really think that's important. It makes you feel more welcome. It's a wonderful place. The staff is great. I have a little apartment here with a bedroom, a living room, a den and a small kitchen. It has all the amenities that a kitchen needs. I have everything I need here.

December 31, 2013

By Caring82069450

December 13, 2013

By Sandra39

Emeritus at Clearwater is an excellent facility. They don’t have the one bedroom, but they have a separate space for the bed. They have a full kitchen and some of them have balconies. Apartment living has full kitchen and it's the cheapest I found from all of the other facilities. You can have pets there. The staff was very decent and very good. The people get very good attention in this facility and the food was excellent.

October 17, 2013

Emeritus was much better kept. However, it was three floors and my brother gets lost extremely easy. He could walk out his front door and be lost so we decided it had to be some place where he could be free to roam the world but still in one place. It's not laid out right. The people were not as warm.

September 29, 2013

By Barbara65838050

When I walked in at Emeritus at Clearwater, it was dark. The hallways were dark, the apartments were low-ceilinged, dark and depressing. It didn't look very clean, smelled old and did not give you a good feeling. The residents sat in the lobby area and looked like they did not know what to do with theirselves. A couple of staff members were on the cellphones and looked like they were not paying attention to what was happening. They did not even look up when we passed by. I would suggest they light their hallway and update.

July 12, 2013

By Carol42

Emeritus at Clearwater has a nice area where you can go outside even if it was raining. I think they got a glass roof overhead. It was an indoor "outside" place. Their rooms were great and they did have an option wherein you can have a kitchenette or not. Each room has a nice view because they have a lot of ground. Indoors, they have a nice dining room. They have a menu and you can order what you like. You can also take your meals back to your room. They also offer room service. The staff at Emeritus was awfully nice. The woman was running the place relates to the people very well. I like this facility for my mother.

April 24, 2013

By LindsayA

They were very helpful at Emeritus. We came in and there was a woman who greeted us at the desk. She was very friendly. She also encouraged us to look around. Unlike other facilities that we went to, we really didn't know where to go and we had to look for someone to assist us. Emeritus was really clean, pretty nice, and the grounds were beautiful. The rooms seemed to be decent but they were small. The residents had quite a few activities like a cocktail hour on Fridays, when they have wine once in a while or watch a movie or have some kind of entertainment come in. The price of services was about the same at every place we looked into. It was more expensive though if you add a level of care like getting someone to help with medication and other different things.

February 11, 2013

By caring0206213

The staff of Emeritus at Clearwater accommodated me very well during my visit. But the facility is not updated and clean. The floor was really dirty, the kick marks on the doors aren't wiped down, and there were always nicks on the doors. They were highlighting how the cleaning staff has worked there for so long since they opened. Obviously, they're well too familiar because they're not cleaning that well. It didn't look like they put a high level of service. Also, they didn't have the memory care lockdown facility, something what I would want for my mom.

October 30, 2012

By Nancy 4

Emeritus of Clearwater is a large but old facility. It needed to be updated seriously. The staff was very nice.

April 03, 2012

By commercesd

The Emeritus at Clearwater assisted living facility in Florida looked like a nice place to live. We were searching for a new home for my friend's mother. We could see that they really took the time to design the facility with the seniors' needs in mind. The exterior was really beautiful and it resembled a high end condo building. The residents could safely navigate the lovely grounds for exercise. The facility also had ample communal rooms including a library and the ability to participate in a number of stimulating activities. The exercise center included daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. The equipment was available throughout the day, with assistance as needed. Private rooms were thoughtfully designed with beautiful living spaces that featured large spaces, full kitchens with eat-in areas and all of the perks you'd find in a well-thought out apartment complex, but a few more, like safety and security features. The facility is designed to accommodate any level of ambulation and care, which changes according to each resident's needs. The dining room offers a great variety of restaurant style meals and they can also accommodate special requests. Many of the residents also prefer to prepare their own meals or visit nearby restaurants. The menus offered a variety of foods and there were snacks available as requested. The variety of activities included anything one could possibly think of and a few more. From festivals to parades, shopping, culture, eateries, art, music, library and films - it was all there. The residents are also treated to many socials planned on the premises. The calendar of events was one of the most comprehensive we've seen thus far. The staff was very kind, caring and accessible throughout our visit. They check on all of the residents regularly to ensure their safety and comfort. It was clear to us that the residents here really enjoy living there and that it would be a great place for any senior to retire and be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve.

Photos of Brookdale Clearwater

Features of Brookdale Clearwater

• Minimum Rate: $2015/month
  • Minimum Memory Cost: $2450/month

About Brookdale Clearwater

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #6670

Every Apartment has Full Kitchen, Some of largest apartments in area, Our Companion suites offer a private bedroom for each resident with a shared kitchen and bath.

Map of Brookdale Clearwater