Walking Horse Meadows

207 Uffelman Drive, Clarksville, TN, 37043

Reviews of Walking Horse Meadows

May 11, 2016

By DonnaGMZXU

Walking Horse Meadows was just a normal community, and I was not super-impressed. The rooms, and kitchens were adequate. The staff was fine, and very informative.

January 14, 2016

By Lori90008050

Before my mom transferred to a nursing home, she was at Walking Horse Meadows and it was great. The food was wonderful, and the nurses were great. They would call me every time they started her on a new medication. They had different activities like bird watching, bingo, and movie nights, but my mom was not interested.

October 09, 2015

By mparchman

MY MOTHER IS A RESIDENCE AT WALKING HORSE, THE CARE AND GIVING FROM ALL OF THE STAFF IS EXCELLANT. THEY MAKE IT LIKE HOME. CHRISTEY AND STAFF DO GREAT JOB. THE PLACE TO BE WHEN YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR PARENTS. MIKE PARCHMAN

July 24, 2015

By jamiel55

My mom is a current resident at this facility and we are all pleased with her care and her accommodations. She was no longer able to live alone and we had hired assistance, but it came to the point she needed more. She lived with my sister for a few months and then decision was made to place her here. My mom's room is nice and the bathroom is a good size. Mom was able to being her pictures and personal decor. She has made friends and likes the food. She hasnt done many activities yet but I am encouraging her to take advantage of some of them like playing cards, etc. My mom has been there since May, Just knowing that she is content and safe is awesome.

July 13, 2015

The staffing was very nice, and the rooms were extremely nice at Walking Horse Meadows. The staff was very friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. The memory care had a different dining area than the assisted living, and it was fine.

June 30, 2014

By rosa68621

The services that Walking Horse Meadows provide sounded pretty good, pretty standard. I talked to one person, and she was very friendly. I visited a room, and it was very nice. It was a nice sized bedroom. I think they should do more activities outside of the facility. I think all facilities need more activities outside for their residents. I would recommend that place to others because it was clean, they told me what they do or don't have, and the rooms I did visit were bright, airy, and had enough space for one person. And, I noticed that, people who could socialize with each other, that was what they were doing. They were all either in a group watching television together or in their room doing whatever. Actually, one lady had a visitor from another residence there, and I thought that was nice. They were male and female and they were able to visit each other, and I think that was a normal thing. I think some places don't allow that. Their dining area was very pleasant looking.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! However, I would like to let you know a little about our outdoor and indoor activities that we provide. We have numerous trips throughout the month as well as weekly. We go on shopping trips, movies, fishing trips, and out to the park when weather permits. We even took a group of residents to the Casino, they loved that! We offer many indoor activities too. Some residents like to stay in, so we offer bingo, cards, corn hole, arts and crafts, and we have different entertainers that come in and perform for the residents. This August we are having our 2nd annual Senior Prom. You are welcome to come by anytime and join in on the fun!

Christy DaCosta, Executive Director, Walking Horse Meadows

March 28, 2013

By Caring 4594

The place is nice. It has facilities to take the patients places like to the doctor and the shopping center. Also, as your needs increase, you can still stay at Walking Horse but you'll be moved to a different area where they offer more care. They also allow outside people to come in and give extra help.

January 20, 2012

By Critty_Robinson

Walking Horse Meadows is a pretty nice facility overall. I visited my best friend's grandmother there on several occasions and she loves it there! The air in the facility had a fresh smell to it, normally in those types of facilities there is an odor of unine or a hospital smell, I was pleasantly surprised! The staff seemed very friendly and attentive to the residents needs. The facility is nice and the goodness are very well maintained. Resident living areas are adequate size for the most part and are neat and clean. The environment seems secure, a good place for you to enroll a loved one when the time comes and not feel too terrible about it. The only thing I can think of that might be a negative is the bathroom my friends grandmother had for her room was a little small, but since I did not visit any other rooms, I can't say wether they are all like that or not, but everything else was great

Photos of Walking Horse Meadows

• Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Spanish

About Walking Horse Meadows

Walking Horse Meadows offers compassionate senior care in Clarksville, TN. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Walking Horse Meadows shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Clarksville, TN.

Map of Walking Horse Meadows