Claremont Manor

650 W. Harrison Avenue, Claremont, CA, 91711

Reviews of Claremont Manor

December 20, 2015

By Family789

We visited Claremont, and we had a wonderful lunch there. We were shown to a number of available units. We met some of the people there, and it was one of my favorite places of all. I liked it best of all. The dining area was excellent. I thought it was on a cruise ship. They had a separate dining area for a meeting. The staff was marvelous, and the service was excellent. I told my sister, if I were ready to move in to a place, this is where I would go. The rooms were laid out very nice -- one had a little balcony on the second floor, and another one had a patio. We saw a little cottage, which was excellent. They have outings, they provide transportation to doctors, they have a very nice library area with television, and you can do pretty much what you want to and what attracts you. They have an Alzheimer’s unit as well. The residents were happy to be where they were.

October 28, 2015

By Mike115316050

We chose Claremont Manor because we wanted to live near our existing home, and it happened to work out. There are all kinds of activities here, and we've been in this facility for two weeks now. The staff is excellent, and the food is very good. Our experience has all been very good, from the first day we looked until now. We're very satisfied with what we did. We have a typically standard one-bedroom, one-and-a-half bath apartment.

June 30, 2015

By Betty109422950

My dad stayed at Claremont Manor. It was very nice and we liked it a lot. He was in a private room, which was very nice. The staff was very good and very caring.

May 11, 2014

By Caring60195650

Claremont Manor has been very disappointing. Mom was living in independent living, but she moved to assisted living. She is 98 years old. There is no registered nurse manager for the facility. They fired the one they hsd because she was so bad, and they have to replace her yet. We've had problems. They had the bath unit broken for months and didn't replace it or repair it. There is some very good staff that is very caring and attentive, but the majority of the staff is not. We do all her laundry, and the level of care that she gets most of the time is appalling. They're poorly supervised. They are poorly trained, poorly run and under-funded. They are not well-motivated, or nobody's paying attention, so it has not been a good experience. She's been at that place for 15 years. They offer some good activities and programs. It's just that people don't take her to them and keep her stimulated. She has macular degeneration, and her hearing is deteriorating, and they just don't seem to get it. We're paying an additional $1500 a month for the level of care she's getting on top of the $3300 a month. We're paying for a level of care that we're not getting.

September 06, 2013

By mliv

When my mother first moved here she lived in a cottage and was very happy. She did not need much help and so things we pretty good. It is VERY expensive and they raise the rates every year. Then she moved into the Lodge which is assisted living. In the 2.5 years she has lived in the assisted living area they have raised her monthly fees by $2,000 a month!!! After she moved in they started charging "level of Care" fees. These are things they did for her before, but it was included in her monthly rent! The latest in a long list complaints we have is that now they are charging for every tray of food delivered to her room. Something else they have done all along without charging extra. The staff is always changing and she has to train her own new caregivers each time a new one comes in. The food is Terrible! I have eaten many meals with her and have seen what they send on the tray to her room. The are understaffed and don't seem to be able to keep good employees. There are a few very caring people that work there but most are just doing their job! I would not recommend this place to anyone that wants their family member to live a healthy and happy life.

August 30, 2012

By luvbug101

Well If you want the best for your family member you have to pay the best. This facility is one of the nicest ones I've been to. Its as if my grandma was staying a luxurious suite on the strip in Las Vegas. It looked really high end and very spacious. We all went to visit my grandma. There was about 15 family member that went into her room. It was big enough to probably hold about 25 people. Everyone was impressed with the size and the way the room looked. My parents felt that it was more safe for my grandmother to stay in a assisted living facility because off of us are either at school or at work. I must say we made a great choice. The food there was decent. It tasted like food I could buy at a hospital. It wasn't to satisfying. I went to visit my grandma last week and she said she likes it there a lot. she likes the employees there and lucky for us her long time friend is also there with her. They have a hot tub just in case anyone wants to take a dip. Overall I am happy my grandma is there and so is she. I would recommend this facility to anyone who wants the best for their loved one.

Photos of Claremont Manor

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• State Licenses: 198601672

About Claremont Manor

Claremont Manor is a retirement community focused on home, heart, and family. Enriching educational, social, and recreational opportunities, along with an exceptional service team and health care support, make Claremont Manor one of the most innovative and inspiring retirement communities in California. With our award-winning architecture and continually evolving wellness and activity curriculums, your retirement can be the most enriching period of your life.

The diversity and passion of our residents shapes the stimulating personality of our community. Twenty-seven resident-organized committees range from theatre arts to aerobics to volunteering at our Care Center. Take part in a watercolor class, stretch your literary legs in a creative writing workshop, or explore the world in one of our travel geography classes. Or enroll in a university course at any of the local Claremont Colleges.

At Claremont Manor, your neighbors are well educated, but love to have fun. For all of our residents, being right down the road from Claremont Village is like having your cake and eating it, too. On any given day, you can enjoy the Village's energy and cultural stimulation at one moment and stroll back home to relax in peace and quiet the next. Claremont Manor offers the best of all worlds.

All levels of care with no entrance fees!

Map of Claremont Manor