Mallard Cove Senior Living

1410 Mallard Cove Drive, Cincinnati, OH, 45246

Reviews of Mallard Cove Senior Living

Lovemynana May 14, 2014

If you love your family member, do not move them here!! My grandmother was put in this place by her kids who live 5 hours away. I live about five minutes away and stop in to see her often. She is not taken care of. It takes at the very least 45 minutes for a nurse to respond to the emergency button being pushed. I tried it myself one afternoon and it took nearly 2 hours for someone to respond. My grandmother has early dementia and I feel the nurses figure that she can't remember when she pressed that button, so they don't hurry. She falls nearly every day and has major bruising all over her body. I am so disgusted with this place. If I had the authority, I would have moved her long ago.

Caring72839550 November 27, 2013

We did visit Mallard Cove for my mother and we were able to put her in there. We love the place, it's wonderful. The apartments are nice and the dining room is really wonderful. The food is like eating in a restaurant. They have all kinds of activities. They have bingo, Yoga, bible study, and a church on Wednesday night. They also have movies. We are really impressed with the staff and the facility is great.

Caring0618413 June 22, 2013

Mallard Cove Senior Living was reasonably close to us so we went to visit. They would be able to provide what my father needed like exercise, physical therapy, and memory care. They were also building a nursing home so when my dad would go from assisted living to nursing home, he would stay in the same facility. They had been good working with us and made sure that neither one of my parents had depleted their savings, and they also tried to help us with veterans aid for my father. We hoped they would be able to stay there.

Jane21 May 13, 2013

We already placed a down payment at Mallard Cove apartment. It's expensive but they don't charge you extra for every assisted-living help that they give you. It's all included in your payment. The staff gave us dinner when they showed all around. They also gave us a lot of information. I would recommend this facility.

Beth_D November 24, 2012

My 84 year old mother enjoys living here. The facility is beautiful and the staff are friendly and attentive. A nurse brings mom her meds twice a day and mom enjoys chatting with them. I think she thinks of them like family. Mom is able to keep her cat there which is very important to her. On top of all this it is very affordable when compared to similar facilities in the greater Cincinnati region. I would definitely recommend this place. (Mom has early-mid stage Alzheimer's.)

From Mallard Cove Senior Living

Welcome to Mallard Cove Senior Living

Mallard Cove now offers even more for area seniors who desire an affordable, independent lifestyle that offers the assurance of a continuum of care. You’ll feel at home from the very start at Mallard Cove. Friendly faces and activity-filled days are all a part of our comfortable lifestyle. You’ll have plenty of room for cherished possessions in your spacious apartment and we’ll be happy to welcome your small pet. Here at Mallard Cove, you’ll find peace of mind.

The Services and Amenities available at Mallard Cove Senior Living
  • One-Bedroom or Two-Bedroom apartments
  • All apartments include:
  • Private Bathrooms
  • Full Kitchen or Kitchenette
  • Private Patios or Balconies
  • Individual Central Air/Heat
  • All utilities (personal telephone and cable TV is included)
  • Three full meals daily
  • Occupational, Speech and Physical Therapy
  • Weekly Housekeeping and Laundry
  • Full-time Activities Team
  • Scheduled Transportation
  • Shopping, restaurant and special interest outings
  • Pets under 25 lbs. welcome

The Willows offers innovative memory care programs, services and activities in a pleasant, home-like setting. The community has been specially designed to be safe, but not restrictive, and is located on the Mallard Cove campus near the Sharonville Convention Center. The Willows’ highly trained staff works with Residents and their families in order to improve the lives of each member of the community.

The Willows combines an expertly trained staff with the finest lifestyle programs tailored to each Resident’s abilities and strengths. Daily routines support individual choices with flexible meals and an extensive, customizable activity schedule. Residents always have the opportunity to enjoy fun and therapeutic recreation in groups as well as in one-to-one activities.

A few of the programs designed yo encourage Resident activity and promote good health include, yoga, stretching, and massage therapy. As for the cognitive and creative side, The Willows offers daily Words of Inspiration, art and music classes, and chair exercises, among others. For those who have a hobby or a gaming spirit, there are many ways to connect with others or work on a craft. No matter what individual preferences a Resident may have, there is always something to do and new ways to promote mental and physical well being.

Care Programs and Fees

Individualized care does not mean that costs have to be complicated. The Willows offers a simple, predictable monthly fee that is all-inclusive of the services and amenities implemented by our extensively trained staff. In addition to individually assessed and implemented personal care, the monthly fee includes:

• Social events, programs and activities designed around the Residents ‘interests and tailored to all levels of ability
  • Skilled nursing care available 24 hours a day
  • Daily housekeeping and laundry service
  • Cable television and telephone hook-ups
  • Access to safe and enjoyable indoor/ outdoor communal spaces
  • Quarterly care plan reassessments (more frequently if needed)
  • Elegant dining featuring healthy, flexible menus

Thank you for your interest at the Mallard Cove Senior Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

The Life Enrichment Program at Mallard Cove is devoted to the needs of Residents and non-Residents alike in providing fun, healthy and enlightening activities to everyone at any level of ability. Exercise classes offered at Mallard Cove include yoga and Pilates, routines that can lead to better posture, increased flexibility and a general sense of well being. Each Resident at Mallard Cove is unique, and staff members will continue to create new opportunities and find the best fit in terms of staying physically healthy and active.

Features of Mallard Cove Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Licenses: 2008R

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Minimum memory care rate: $5,800/month