Brookdale Finneytown

9101 Winton Road, Cincinnati, OH, 45231

Reviews of Brookdale Finneytown

Ed27 October 17, 2014

Brookdale Place is very nice, I was actually inquiring for myself, and it was not something that was suited for me, but I like the facility. The staff was extremely helpful, the room was great, and they served us a coffee. They had an old jukebox. The only problem was it was a little bit loud, but other than it was great.

Duped January 22, 2014

Quaint decor and a friendly welcome can be deceiving! Very disappointing. Very Stressful. One has to be a strong advocate for their parents. Too many communication, inconsistent care and billing issues; noted by our family and two others we spoke with.
Both the Director and the (3rd?) Health and Wellness Director were Disrespectful, Bullying and Undermining, slyly twisting words to shape what they wanted rather than respecting the Resident or respectfully honoring the families practical requests. After initial friendly support, their presentation turned Very Unprofessional: harsh, lacking etiquette, unskilled communication. Bottom line seems to be Power and Money. Maybe they get pressure from Corporate? Whatever the reasoning, it was too much Emotional Pressure on our family. However, a couple of care givers and nurses were very good; respectful, astute, kind and compassionate. Thank God for them! But others seemed negligent or unqualified. AND there was a high rate of turnover among the staff. Our family would NOT recommend Brookdale!

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about Brookdale Place at Finneytown. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss them with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority.

Murphsmom October 26, 2013

Brookdale Place at Finneytown was lovely, but way too expensive. I really didn't have a lot of time/experience with the place.

Caring Jane September 12, 2013

Brookdale Place is a clean facility. The people are friendly. Their residents seemed to be happy and well cared for, although they weren't doing any activities at the time of my visit. They were just mainly sitting around and talking. However, just walking through it once, it looks like a good place to be.

Caring4648 September 10, 2013

The staff was very helpful at Brookdale. The building was okay. They were getting ready to do some remodeling. I didn't spend too much time there, but I know they were doing activities. They had more staff, too.

Michele5 July 11, 2013

Brookdale Place was clean. The caregivers, staff, and personnel were appealing and they've been very attentive to my parents. I have one parent in the Claire Bridge Alzheimer's unit and one parent in the regular section. They really like it. They get three meals a day. I like how clean it is and they have different options of doing different types of events. If they want to go someplace, even my mother who is in the Alzheimer's unit, they take them out to lunch and out to the mall. They have a lot of activities there to keep them engaged if they wish to participate. It's also at a reasonable price, so I feel that we're getting a good product from the money that we're spending.

Karen46 June 23, 2013

My mom and dad are in Brookdale Place at Finneytown. They actually have an adequate number of staff to handle the job, which particularly was a good thing to be. They have RNs, aides and housekeepers and they are doing a wonderful job. Their staff are very good to them, very respectful, and very affectionate. They seemed to be in a lot better spirits.

LOctavious September 24, 2012

My grandmother Donna was recommended to go to a home shortly after she passed. A family friend recommended this facility to us, as their grandfather was in the facility and liked it. He was absolutely right about the faculty. These people would go out of their way to make sure that my Grandmother was doing fine. Even going as far as going back to the building after thier shift was over to make sure my grandmother was cared for. This meant a lot to me. My Grandmother loved it there, she especially loved the orange juice in the mornings, one of her favorite things. They offer a variety of ammenaties and are a great place to send your loved ones, or a friend of a friend. Highly recommended!

kylet112 September 13, 2012

As a family, grandma has always cared for us. However, as time went on it became apparent that grandma needed some assistance when it came to living on her own. This was when we as a family chose to get her some help. We came across Brookdale Place at Finneytown with a little skepticism. But we were pleasantly surprised. The grounds are exceptionally well-kept. The facility itself is excellent. There are many amenities and excellent food. There were lots of people to keep grandma company and the staff of the facility are more than accommodating and friendly. They are very caring and able to handle any problems that arise. We are incredibly happy with this facility and grandma seemed right at home. It's so comfortable and feels just like home. Highly recommended for anyone who is looking for a quality assisted living facility filled with caring staff, excellent amenities and a sparkling facility.

jbmadsison September 13, 2012

Personally I felt Brookdale was beautiful. What struck me the most was the calmness of the place. And at this time in my mother's life, this was exactly what she needed. My mother can be quite the handful and I was very taken with the fact that the staff were deferential but firm with their handling of my mother's care. Also though it could be considered out of the way for some, when needed I could easily enough catch a bus and take a gander at how my mother was faring.She wasn't in dire need of help with bathing and the like, but she definitely had problems with choosing what to wear and preparation of her meals. It felt good to know she had people on hand to help around the clock. They also stressed routine and repetitive activities to help with her cognitive abilities but to help keep her soothed and it seemed to work.She seems to be happy there and much more at peace and helps us to be more content in our decision to being her to this home.

gifted August 17, 2012

I visited this community this evening for the first time my friend lives there. I was really impressed with how all the staff interacted with the residents. This evning they were hosting a concert on the lawn which was quite enjoyable. There were lots of residents outside along with family members and people from the surrounding community. This community has a really homey feel about it and my really likes living there. The community is decorated tastefully and is very inviting. I would recommend and look forward to their next event.

Ultie June 23, 2012

the location is beautiful, and the amenities are great. The building feels like an old grand souther house, and there's so much going on, and it seems like a lot of the residents loved it. Who wouldn't love having a homemade iceream stand and full service spa in their living place? but the staff didn't care about my grandmother. She died of a UTI that went untreated, because the nurses were constantly late getting her her medication. She was in a lot of pain, and they took a urin culture late, and the lab results were over a week late, far too late to do any good about the UTI. Not only that, but they were constantly late getting her her pain medications, so she was in horrible pain her last few days.

AVFIBRDE9OAFP February 24, 2012

Overall, I would use the word "disappointed" in my evaluation of this facility.My grandmother was a resident of this facility for four years in the Alzhiemer unit. This facility was private pay and she had to move out after she ran out of money.When I originally went to the facility to check it out for my grandmother, I was quite impressed. Everyone seemed very friendly and eager to help. And it was generally that way at first, but it went down hill.First, you start to notice where the facility is dirty and doesn't get regularly cleaned. Also, there is the smell. my daughter refers to it as "old person smell" and you notice it as soon as you enter the building. Some of the workers were very good, but the turn over was very high. Thus, every couple of months there were new people and you had to explain things all over again because none of it seem to be passed on from worker to worker.My two biggest issues were the expense. It started off at about $3000 per month, but with the extra care my grandmother needed it ended up costing about $6000 per month. On top of that, she was also on Hospice and we were billed for items that Hospice was paying for - and we could never get the facility to refund the money they double billed.The last straw - after 4 years and probably $250,000 we didn't even get a thank you card from the director of the facility.I would certainly not recommend this facility to anyone else.

A2OMK175OQ2TS0 December 08, 2011

I really was surprised at the cleanliness of this facility. I cam here to visit my grandfather post surgery and every part of the home was spic and span. Even though my grandfather had only been there a short time period, all of the nurses and staff knew his name and they seemed to cater to his needs pretty well. His only complaint was the food but the nurse said it might taste funny due to all the medicine he was taking. He had a single person room with a large window which I thought was very nice. During select times of the day, my grandfather could head to his physical therapy sessions. He preferred to go in the early morning and there was always staff there to assist him getting to it. We were able to visit him at normal working hours which made it easier on everyone in the family. Our family is very large and this was our first experience with a nursing facility like this and we enjoyed it.

From Brookdale Finneytown

Brookdale Finneytown provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Finneytown

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Finneytown