Fredericka Manor

183 Third Avenue, Chula Vista, CA, 91910

Reviews of Fredericka Manor

Carol103638850 December 30, 2014

I visited Fredericka Manor, and it was excellent. I liked the meals and the privacy. They had everything like Spanish classes, movies, and all kinds of things. I would recommend them because they covered all the aspects of assisted living.

James69653950 September 30, 2014

My mother didn’t get to stay longer at Fredericka Manor; she passed away. I think she was there for only two months. Everything was absolutely excellent there. It couldn’t have been better; nothing could be improved. They had everything from classes to bingo to total involvement. I totally recommend that place; it’s unlike any other, and it’s a residence as opposed to a nursing care home.

Caring93611650 September 26, 2014

Fredericka Manor is very nice housing away from the main property. There were different choices of housing and the grounds were well-kept. There is a one or two bedroom and the staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

Caring75781550 September 23, 2014

My choice was Fredericka Manor. If I could afford it, that’s where I would be. Not one single negative. It’s a beautiful setting. Very clean, very nicely decorated, beautifully done. It’s very easy transportation from San Diego or any of the suburbs as it’s right off Highway 5. I was very impressed. Of all the places I saw, it made me the happiest.

It has a 1-bedroom cottage. I had two meals there, one lunch and one dinner. Excellent food, nice bar, wonderful people. I only met 3 staff members, but I like them all. The residents were all very friendly and all seemed to be very happy. I only met maybe 20 residents but I like them very much.

William31 April 11, 2014

I did stay in a place called Fredericka Manor. I was at rehab there. It's a very large complex. The rooms are usually two to a room. The staff was very outstanding. Sometimes, the food was real bad, especially for breakfast. They have a full range of activities: movies, dances, parties, bingo, church. It's right in the middle of Chula Vista. They have a little hospital. There are shopping centers. Anything you want is there.

Robert77986950 January 31, 2014

I visited Fredericka Manor and it was also very nice. Except it was more of a large campus and it wasn't individual homes. They had a high rise where the assisted living people would be. I was only able to talk to their sales rep but I ate lunch, the food was good and the people were nice. It seemed like they had a few activities, but I didn't participate in any of them.

Houap April 26, 2012

The grounds of this facilIty are serene and peaceful, conducive to an environment promoting wellness. The homes are well appointed and spacious while every effort has been made to anticipate and accommodate the needs of the population served. Stairs are minimal and access to nursing and non-nursing care is readily available allowing residents to live in independence as long as possible. With an on-site subacute and inpatient facilities, residents are not far from 24 hour medical care should they require it. In addition to these, activities within the community support social interaction and community involvement in each setting.

commercesd March 13, 2012

I went with a friend to check out the Fredericka Manor to help him find a place for he and his wife. She has early dementia, and he still enjoys working part time and is unable to care for her on his own.

They have resided in the Chula Vista region for quite some time, so this is the area they would like to continue to stay in.

There were many different types of accommodations available, from nice garden homes to spacious apartments in the Asbury Towers. Each was lovely and very easy to access.

The outer grounds were very nicely maintained and offered spacious places to enjoy walking around freely and safely. There was also space to have parties, picnics, barbeques and other gatherings with friends and family.

The receiving area was fresh and bright with a nice colors and furniture. The interiors were all designed with beautiful views in a calming, current décor and lots of fresh air and light.

The social rooms offered easy ways for seniors to easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in the many stimulating activities. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture, where seniors can play games, read, watch TV and visit with friends and family.

They also have an art center where residents may work on projects that may later be displayed at their facility in Carlsbad. They work with local community organizations to disseminate a better understanding of the aging process, which we found extraordinary - since my friend's wife is an artist.

Some of the many outings included local sight seeing, nature walks and visits to all of the great activities that Chula Vista has to offer. Seniors can use exercise facilities at any time and also go on daily walks, with assistance as needed. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered and residents are encouraged to exercise daily.

The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, and whenever requested. The dining rooms was nice and the food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Seniors may also opt to prepare food themselves in their apartments or homes if they like.

Bathrooms and all facilities were designed with safety in mind. All of the seniors living in this community seemed very content, in a living environment specifically tailored to their needs.

This facility is definitely one of the favorites that we've visited thus far in the region. We thought that this living environment would work for my friend and his wife, since it is designed as a retirement community with just the amount of support they would need. It's very nicely designed with competent and caring staff.

From Fredericka Manor

Fredericka Manor was established in 1908 as the first retirement community west of the Mississippi. The property is 2 miles from the waterfront and features spectacular views from our 7 story Apartment building of the downtown skyline, Silver Strand, Coronado and Mexico. It has a total of 24 acres of tree lined streets with 81 cottages in various sizes; studios, and 1 2 bedrooms, some with den's, attached garages, porches and patios. There is a 7 story apartment building with apartment sizes that vary from studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom accommodations. Most have kitchenette's, but some 2 bedroom's have full kitchens. There is also a 2 story apartment complex with it's own dining room, laundry facility and activity center. On site amenities include; full service dining room, beauty salon, library, fitness center, chapel, activity center, walking paths, putting green, bocce court, dog park, vegetable and flower gardens, frui t trees, ponds with duck, koi and birds.

Quiet streets, quaint cottages, tranquil ponds, colorful gardens, flat walking paths, security. An intimate neighborhood with so many choices. Short walking distance to public transportation, a friendly and safe village with restaurants, bakeries, salons, barber shops, tap rooms, live theatre, senior center, library and city center.

Features of Fredericka Manor