Oakmont of Chino Hills

14837 Peyton Drive, Chino Hills, CA, 91709

Reviews of Oakmont of Chino Hills

Anonymous116628950 March 30, 2016

My visit to Oakmont was good. Everything was great, but the catch was the price. There was a beauty salon and activities for the residents. Their dining area was nice.

Anonymous113581850 December 11, 2015

At Oakmont of Chino Hills, the people are really nice, the food is good, the place is clean, and it has a very nice atmosphere. I just feel comfortable knowing that my mom is safe there. My mom is a big bingo player, so she loves playing bingo there. They have card games, too. The pool is a big deal for my mom because she loves to exercise in it. They have outdoor activities, too, like shopping. I think this facility is excellent. I never had any problems; everything has been great. The staff goes out of their way to make sure everybody is taken care of and accommodated. Even when the residents are not feeling well, they go out of their way to make sure they check up on them. If my mom is not feeling well, they bring her food to her room.

We are so happy to hear that your mother is enjoying living at Oakmont! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is ever anything we can help her with. Warm Regards, Tonya Reynolds, Executive Director

Caring112314350 September 30, 2015

My uncle lived in the assisted living of Oakmont, and he has ready access to come down and have breakfast, lunch, and stuff. The staff is really good, and the food is absolutely incredible. My dad is also in Oakmont, but he is not yet participating in activities because he is still getting used to it. He is in a very nice one-bedroom apartment. The bathroom lights had motion detection. He has an end unit, so he has an extra window outside.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. At Oakmont, we strive to offer the best in senior living and love to hear great reviews from family members. Warm Regards, Tonya Reynolds, Executive Director

Steven22 August 21, 2015

I visited Oakmont Chino Hills. I like them, but they were a little steep with their price. It's a very nice facility. It was one of the higher end ones. The staff was very friendly and nice when I had my visit.

We appreciate you sharing your comments with us and will be sure to share them with our team. Thank you for your review! Warm Regards, Tonya Reynolds, Executive Director

Anonymous107774450 June 20, 2015

Oakmont of Chino Hills takes dogs, and they have a dog park. They have a swimming pool with aerobic exercises. You can have your own garage with some storage. Every unit has an outdoor patio. The location is very good because it is near shopping, a post office, and a drug store. It is not isolated. The dining facility is much more like a restaurant. The negative thing about it is that I have to be on a waiting list.

Caring82269050 April 24, 2014

Aegis of Chino hills changed its name to Oakmont of Chino Hills. The facility was very nice and very clean. They were renovating when we visited, but wasn't that old to begin with. There were a lot of activities, and they have a lot of on-site care, like beauticians who can do your hair and nails. They have a nice theatre inside the place. The staff is very good. They know their people by name and are very close to them. The dining area was very beautiful, nice, and very clean. I am quite impressed by it.

Caring79266350 March 27, 2014

Oakmont was one of the most impressive. It had a warm, caring feeling. The City Hall is on it, but it is more in the country part. It's more than just independent living. They had some form of nursing care because they have an area for memory issues like Alzheimer's. I was impressed. It was something I could compare everything to.

The lady who took me around knew a lot of people, so I could tell that she was involved. She and everybody else on the staff that she introduced me to seemed to be caring. I watched them talk to other people who were obviously residents. She did take me to talk to one gentleman who lived there in his room and everything looked good. The room was spacious enough, but what was shown to me was the cheapest of the rooms, so it was smaller. The facility, because it's relatively new, was excellent.

Kampy July 15, 2011

My grandfather lived here for 4 months after developing dementia. He was a difficult patient as he had lost most of his memory and become angry and paranoid, however the nurses were very kind to him and dealt with his behavior. While I'm not sure the nurses may have been the most schooled, they were definitely very kind and helped to put him and my family at ease. In my opinion, this was more important because there is no cure for Alzheimer's and my family only wanted him to be as comfortable as possible. He never developed bedsores or other infections that often plague bed ridden patients, which made us more confident in his stay there. While there many programs offered to residents of the home, my grandfather was unable to participate in most of them; therefore I am unable to comment on their usefulness. Overall I would definitely recommend this facility for patients with dementia as the nurses seemed to know how to care for these patents and made their comfort a priority.

From Oakmont of Chino Hills

Oakmont of Chino Hills is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views of the Chino Hills. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, and entertainment.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our spa, private movie theater, swimming pool, and lovely grounds. If you ever need additional care, we offer assisted living and memory care services right within our community. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better.

Oakmont of Chino Hills offers resort-style senior living with the option of a continuum of care. The community you

Features of Oakmont of Chino Hills

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Bingo

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,995/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60