Reviews of Victory Centre of South Chicago
Cynthia114609450 October 29, 2015
I visited this facility
I visited Victory Centre. The place was beautiful. I thought it was a really nice place for my dad, but was more high maintenance and needed more care. The staff was very interactive, very thorough, and engaged with the residents. The rooms were really nice, very clean, spacious enough for those who were disabled. I was really impressed with the place because that's really where I wanted him, but he needed more supervision and more care. They had activities. They took them on trips. The dining facility was very clean and well-maintained. I liked the location; the staff, I liked everything. It was phenomenal. It was awesome, but because my dad required more care, I had to find another place.
Bob112011450 September 26, 2015
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Mom is at Victory Center of South Chicago for about a month now. They've done a great job in addressing her needs and she is very happy being there. It's a great place. They have fitness, social, and trips.
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad to hear that your mom's first month at Victory Centre of South Chicago is going so well. Please keep Eboni Edwards, our Executive Director, posted if there is anything more that we can be doing for you or your mom.
Anonymous102840350 March 08, 2015
I visited this facility
What I like most about Victory Centre of South Chicago was that it was close, and all of the people had pleasant personalities. One thing I did not like was the room. It was big, and you have to furnish it yourself. It is nice for those who live south. It is a perfect place.
Thank you for so much for taking the time to give your feedback on our community. These reviews help us to improve our community. I am happy to hear that you have a favorable impression of our community and staff. We know that the staff and residents make a community and are proud that you found our staff and residents so pleasant. Thank you again!
Laresse January 18, 2015
I am a friend or relative of a resident
I went to Victory Center and had a tour because a lot of other people recommended it to me to check them out, so that’s what I did. I liked what I saw, and the staff was great. I spoke with the residents there, and they liked it there. The atmosphere was really nice and loving. There are a lot of activities for them to do there. They have a pool table, and they have a sewing class and arts and crafts.
From Victory Centre of South Chicago
Welcome home to affordable apartments and supportive living for seniors . . . and welcome home to Victory Centre of South Chicago!
Victory Centre of South Chicago offers a supportive living community for adults 65 and older. Our vision is to create life-enriching environments where you or your loved one can lead engaging, meaningful and purpose filled lives.
Our exceptional staff delivers a coordinated care approach through supportive services, quality environments and award-winning programs to enhance your lifestyle and provide you – and your family – with dignity, privacy, respect, and peace of mind.
Our all-inclusive service package and financial safety net, for those who apply and qualify, provides you with peace of mind for your financial well-being. A comprehensive assessment results in a customized care plan that tailors services to your needs. Here is just some of what Victory Centre of South Chicago can offer you or your loved one…
- 24-staffing by certified personnel
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals through our SenseSations dining program each day plus snacks
- Wellness programs that focus on the strengths and interests of our residents and gives them the opportunity to lead groups, take an active role in their lives and environment, and learn new things.
- Daily assurance checks
- Disease prevention counseling and education on self-care
- Resident and family education and support
- Monitoring of resident call system located in your apartment’s bathroom and bedroom
- Move-in coordination
Scroll through this webpage for a listing of additional amenities.
LIVE WELL, AGE WELL, BE WELL at Victory Centre South Chicago
What Makes Us Special
At Pathway Senior Living, we think about aging differently. We value elderhood as a viable and productive period of human life. We focus on providing WELL care, not sick care. We take a holistic and proactive approach to enhancing our residents' lives. Our approach is so unique and do deeply engrained in our culture that we even have our own name for it - we call it "VIVA!" VIVA! is an enthusiastic celebration of life! It is far-reaching and all-encompassing. VIVA! sets the tone for the personalized way we care for our residents...our individualized approach to supporting their overall well being. VIVA! offers a whole new way of living life to the fullest!
Features of Victory Centre of South Chicago
- Medication Management
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- Hospice care
Room and housing options
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Features extra: Library, Emergency call system
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Dining extra: Meals can be delivered to a resident's apartment if the resdient is ill or unable to attend a meal.
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Wii sports competition
- Activities extra: Our award-winning VIVA! life-enrichment program earns praises from residents, staff, and the senior housing industry for its innovative, resident-centered approach to caring. VIVA! offers something for everyone!
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Staff patient ratio: Our care-staff to resident ratio exceeds the state requirement
- Minimum age: 65
Technology and entertainment
- Technology extra: Apartments come cable & telephone ready should the resident choose to purchase those services from an outside vendor.
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
- Minimum rate: $3,390/month
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- We offer financial aid
Location of Victory Centre of South Chicago
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities