Reviews of Victory Centre of Galewood
Peter004685 October 11, 2016
I visited this facility
I have seen the Victory Centre of Galewood. I like it the way it looked. The price was right. It was very clean and very accessible, but it would not be good for my mom because she needs memory care, and they did not provide memory care. The staff was nice. They told me everything I need to know. They gave me all the paperwork to look at the brochures. They offered how much everything cost. I enjoyed it. I would like the place for myself later on. Everything was clean. It felt new because the building is only 10 years old, so it’s very nice.
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that our team members were so helpful to you and what a huge compliment that you would like our community for yourself in the future. We hope that we see you. We wish you and your mom the best. Please let us know if we can help in any other way.
Sandra066214 August 02, 2016
I visited this facility
I personally thought that Victory Centre of Galewood was more geared toward Hispanics, but I was looking for more of an African-American community. It seemed more laid-back and much more quiet for people who are not as active. The quality of the staff was great. They were more of a reserved and quieter community. I felt there was a not well-developed therapy and medical team.
Steve104296450 April 07, 2015
I visited this facility
We visited Victory Centre, and I liked everything about it. It was really nice, clean, and well put together. The personnel were very assistive. Overall, it was a 5-star for me. We didn't talk to too many residents. We just interacted with the staff and saw how they interacted with the different residents. It was very nice. Everybody was really pleasant.
We had a tour of the entire building. The rooms were a little small for my mother's liking only for the fact that she had a king size bed and she wanted to keep her bedroom set. She liked a place that was a little bit more spacious. The activities were very well put together, and she liked interacting with other people. They had bingo, bowling, movies, exercises for people, Wii games, and all kinds of activities. They played different games, and they had a book club. The neighborhood was very nice.
Thank you for taking the time to review our community. I am happy to see that you rated our community with 5 stars. I hope that we can be of assistance to you and your mother in the near future.
meecyion January 03, 2012
I visited this facility
This facility is located on the north west side of chicago. it serves a population of seniors who have been diagnoised with a variety of mentally, medically challenged issues. The grounds are well kept, and there are several activities that residents tend to participate and enjoy within the facility. There is a full medical, and clinical staff on hands to provide the care to the residents. The meals are prepared home style, and residents have their own apartments. The colors are warm and inviting, There is a sense of warmth and friendlness upon entering the facility. Common areas are the patio, workout room, and dinning area. I would give this facility a 5 out of 5 stars.
From Victory Centre of Galewood
Welcome home to affordable apartments and supportive living for seniors . . . and welcome home to Victory Centre Galewood!
Victory Centre Galewood offers a supportive living community for adults 65 and older. Our vision is to create life-enriching environments where you or your loved one can lead engaging, meaningful and purpose filled lives.
Our exceptional staff delivers a coordinated care approach through supportive services, quality environments and award-winning programs to enhance your lifestyle and provide you – and your family – with dignity, privacy, respect, and peace of mind.
Our all-inclusive service package and financial safety net, for those who apply and qualify, provides you with peace of mind for your financial well-being. A comprehensive assessment results in a customized care plan that tailors services to your needs. Here is just some of what Victory Centre Galewood can offer you or your loved one…
- 24-staffing by certified personnel
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals through our SenseSations dining program each day plus snacks
- Wellness programs that focus on the strengths and interests of our residents and gives them the opportunity to lead groups, take an active role in their lives and environment, and learn new things.
- Daily assurance checks
- Disease prevention counseling and education on self-care
- Resident and family education and support
- Monitoring of resident call system located in your apartment’s bathroom and bedroom
- Move-in coordination
Scroll through this webpage for a listing of additional amenities.
LIVE WELL, AGE WELL, BE WELL at Victory Centre Galewood
What Makes Us Special
At Pathway Senior Living, we think about aging differently. We value elderhood as a viable and productive period of human life. We focus on providing WELL care, not sick care. We take a holistic and proactive approach to enhancing our residents' lives. Our approach is so unique and so deeply engrained in our culture that we even have our own name for it - we call it "VIVA!" VIVA! is an enthusiastic cleebration of life! It is far-reaching and all encompassing. VIVA! sets the tone for teh personalized way we care for our residents...our individualized approach to supporting their overall well being. VIVA! offers a whole new way of living life to the fullest!
Features of Victory Centre of Galewood
- Medication Management
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- Hospice care
Room and housing options
- Studio apartments
- Housing extra: Deluxe Studio
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Features extra: Library, Emergency call system, Roof-top patio, Heated garage for resident parking
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Dining extra: Meals can be delivered to a resident's apartment if the resident is ill or unable to attend a meal.
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Wii sports competition
- Tai chi
- Activities extra: Our award-winning VIVA! life-enrichment program earns praises from residents, staff, and the senior housing industry for its innovative, resident-centered approach to caring. VIVA! offers something for everyone!
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Staff patient ratio: Our care-staff to resident ratio exceeds state requirements
- Minimum age: 65
Technology and entertainment
- Technology extra: Apartments come cable & telephone ready should the resident choose to purchase those services from an outside vendor.
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
- Minimum rate: $4,015/month
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- We offer financial aid
Location of Victory Centre of Galewood
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities