Brookdale Lake Shore Drive

2960 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL, 60657

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Shore Drive

Caring95760550 December 10, 2014

The rooms at Brookdale Plaza were spacious, clean, and well-ventilated. The facility was secure. They had activities like bingo and stuff.

Alice30 September 23, 2014

My visit at Brookdale Plaza Lake Shore Drive was fine. They were nice people. The room was spacious enough. The place was beautiful. I would recommend anybody to visit this place.

Beverly40 July 19, 2014

I visited The Hallmark (Brookdale Plaza Lake Shore Drive), and the neighborhood was very nice. I have lived in the neighborhood myself before. The grounds were nice, and it was nicely landscaped. The rooms were lovely. It was just like a little apartment. They had studios, one-room, and two-room units. The dining area was set up like a restaurant, and it was very nice. I had a taste of their food, and it was pretty much standard. The staff was nice. I thought for the assisted living part of it, we had to access everything through an elevator. My mother uses a wheelchair or walker, and that was a little difficult for her.

Barbara78379350 March 27, 2014

The Hallmark is a relatively new facility. The rooms were wonderful. The size was great. The view was terrific. They have arts, movies, water aerobics, sewing classes and flower gardening. They have men and women groups. They have a wide range of activities.

Jere1 March 20, 2014

The facility itself and the location worked very well for us, but I can't get my mother to commit to anything at this point. Hallmark seemed adequate and would work out just as well. It seemed fine for what they had to do. With the budget that we had in mind, it was adequate. That's where we figure it was going to be.

We had some interaction with the other residents there, and also with the staff itself. We talked about other things as far as laundry, if somebody would be able to take care of that because she was not going to be able to do any of that so there was housekeeping.

Mary86288450 February 24, 2014

We were able to visit The Hallmark of Chicago and the facility was very nice, well kept, and the staff were very friendly. The dining room was beautiful. We had lunch there and the food was good. With the activities, they have outings and they provide transportation. They also have a workout area like a fitness facility.

jazimama January 31, 2014

At The Hallmark of Chicago, the ambience and the rooms were fair; however, the lobbies were kind of drab. There were lots of dark woods and dark colors. Nevertheless, the facility was definitely clean. The staff was pretty friendly. They would greet the residents and they pretty well know everybody in the building. What stands out to me was the rapport of the staff. For the residents, this facility was convenient. They did have different activities for them. They had a doctor's office in there, they had beauticians, banking, etc. This place did have lots of services.

Donna30 September 20, 2013

The Hallmark was okay. This probably would have been my second choice. They showed me around and they were very gracious. They don't have what I need though.

Jackie16 August 10, 2013

Everything I encountered was fine when I went to visit The Hallmark. I like the location most of all.

Caring7114 April 17, 2013

My uncle was a resident for two years at Hallmark Assisted Living. We were satisfied with them. They had to prepare food for so many people but he does have a microwave oven and if he wants to warm something up he can. Other than that, the staff seemed to be great. I would recommend this facility to others. They should improve on the parking lot because you have to pay. Other places have their own parking lot and you can just drive in and visit.

Grandma'sBaby May 09, 2012

I would not recommend this place for anyone's loved ones. It seemed the only time the staff were doing what they were supposed to do was after we visited the first time and complained about how they were treating my grandmother. Her gown was soiled, her bed was soiled, the changing pad was old and dirty and her hair was disshelved. My grandmother told me they were ignoring her when she called for water. Who does that? I started going there on the night shift and my cousin was there on the day shift. We both had a prior engagement on a Saturday where none of us were there. When I talked to my grandmother that Sunday, she told me they treated her well. We shouldn't have to result to telling them how to do their job in order for them to do their job. Especially when we are paying for her to be there.

Caring201973 January 10, 2012

I personally wouldn't want to live at the Hallmark. This is not the kind of place that I would hang my hat and call home. To me it seems like a kind of snooty place with a doorman and a lobby that looks like something off the Gold Coast. I'm not sure if there is a dress code, but I would not feel comfortable wearing jeans or shorts. On the positive side, there is nothing institutional looking about the Hallmark either save for the numerous caregivers and other helpers who come in and out of the building. The lobby and the hallways are extremely clean and nothing smells bad. However, there is nothing relaxing about this place either. During the day this is a very busy place indeed. There is a driveway in front of the building and a doorman and a security guy behind the desk who wears a suit and is extremely conscious of who comes and goes. There are two different books to sign in -- one for the residents and guests and the other for the help. If you like living in the city and don't mind living in a high rise and dealing with occasional crowded elevators, this is an attractive place and especially nice if you are independent enough to get around and to make the most of the cultural sites of Chicago, such as the zoo and the museums. Street parking is almost impossible, but there is an underground parking garage for residents. Visiting nurses have to pay for the parking.

The individual apartments which I've seen are nice. One bedroom apartments have usable kitchens and living rooms. The best feature in my opinion are the large-paned windows that give spectacular views of the Lake and the city. One gets the sense that you would have to be "somebody" in order to live here. Practically everyone I've seen can afford a caregiver to help them.

The lobby is elegant looking and as you walk through the hall to the elevators you see a room with a pool table that looks like something that you would see in a grand hotel.

One of the best features of the Hallmark in my opinion is a little deli which has some of the best prices for lunch in the area. The soup is delicious and the sandwiches good. You can even get half a sandwich if you want.

Otherwise, there are two dining rooms where where people can eat. There is also a lovely outdoor patio.

JohnAdams September 29, 2011

Since my grandmother was getting to the age where someone had to take care of her we took he to The Hallmark because we had no time to take care of her around the clock. This facility is really great! The staff helped out my grandmother with whatever she needed. No request that my grandmother had was ignored and every staff member had a smile on their face. The facility is also a nice looking place. Most facilities like this seem gloomy and depressing when you walk in. This one doesn't even have a smell that most people would say causes nausea. There are regular activities that the staff does to keep the people entertained.The outside of the facility is also very attractive with lively flowers and fountains. The front desk is nice and has friendly people there to help you with whatever you need. If you live in Chicago and are looking for a nice, clean and good facility, this is the one.

commercesd May 25, 2011

Visited this facility

I was helping a friend look for a place for her mother with Alzheimer's to live and we found The Hallmark on gorgeous Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. It's easy to get to and there are views of the lake from everywhere in the facility. Downtown Chicago is adjacent, so going for outings will be very easy, since that area has so much to offer. The grounds are nicely kept and the staff seemed very capable of assisting her mother with the needs that a person with Alzheimer's has. This is very important to my friend - but she could see that handling her mother wouldn't be an issue there. They have many lifestyle choices so there are different kinds of people for her mother to interact with, which is also important. The calendar we were shown featured many types of special events and group activities. Her mother used to travel a lot, so the different cultures and cuisines offered were really interesting. We saw that residents can gather in the club room together and with families which makes visiting pleasant. My friend's mother particularly liked the beautiful garden terrace. We could see that she would be very happy there.

From Brookdale Lake Shore Drive

Brookdale Lake Shore Drive provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Lake Shore Drive

• Spanish

• Features extra: Library

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: During business hours

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 5102378