Autumn Green at Midway Village

6700 S. Keating, Chicago, IL, 60629

Reviews of Autumn Green at Midway Village

September 30, 2015

By Susan113527250

My mother has been at Autumn Green at Midway Village. She is fine. She is very happy there. It all worked out well. They are wonderful. The food is good. The housekeeping is good. She is safe. The activities are great, and it is affordable.

September 29, 2015

By Ruby8

My mom is in Autumn Green. The staff is cooperative and caring, they care about the residents, and the facility is appropriate for seniors; it meets most of their needs. They have either a one-bedroom apartment for one person or a two-bedroom apartment where two people shared the living room and the kitchen, but each had their own bedroom. They have assisted living, which is what I like. One floor was assisted living, and the other floors were independent living. She is in an assisted living apartment. The food is OK, and all the residents eat all of their meals, so I am satisfied. She eats everything too. They have many activities there. They have a full calendar, and they have activities for family members also. They have carnivals, they play Bridge and Bingo, and they have a top company that comes to fix their hair every Saturday for the ladies or the men who want to get their hair cut or combed or brushed or whatever. They have a bus that comes, and they take them to the grocery store or to the shopping mall -- which is not far away -- and on out-of-town trips. So far, I like the facility and the diversity in the residents. They have residents from many different places, and I like that. They need to improve their communication with the family.

July 28, 2015

We visited the Autumn Green at Midway. The young lady that we spoke with was actually very good, and we really enjoyed our visit with her. The facility was nice, but it just was not for my mom. It was very clean.

June 20, 2015

By Kelly26

My uncle lived in Autumn Green at Midway Village, and it was a wonderful place. They had many activities for the seniors. They had a bus that took residents to the casino, grocery shopping, and Wal-Mart. They also had movie nights, bingo, and entertainment. The staff was absolutely wonderful. The care was topnotch. They truly care about the patients.

April 27, 2015

My mother has been in Autumn Green at Midway Village since November of last year. The rooms are nice, and all the staff are very friendly. She has no complaints. Everything is really good, and she has enjoyed all the meals.

April 27, 2015

By Maryanne5

They were very kind and very helpful at Autumn Green. Everybody was wonderful, but we did not choose them because we needed something more one-on-one. We toured the rooms; they were very nice. My mother-in-law is in a wheelchair. They charge for every single thing they do, like if she needed to come downstairs, that’s a charge. If she needed to be fed 3 times a day, that’s a charge. The rooms are one fee, but everything else is extra. We did not care for that.

Thank you for your interest in Autumn Green Midway Village. We were disappointed to learn that your loved one did not have a better experience while visiting the community. It is always our top priority to provide quality services and care for residents and potential prospects. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact Carol Shaw Burns, Executive Director by email cshaw-burns@seniorlifestyle.com or phone 773-582-2888. I look forward to speaking with you!

March 07, 2015

By Laverne4

My mom is in Autumn Green, and it is fine. I think she will be needing more memory care because she has dementia. However, I feel comfortable with her there, and she feels comfortable too. They always have something going on there, even if it is not a special event. They have an activity room. They have games and computers. As far as I know, my mom is fine and content. Someone is always available, and they are friendly.

November 05, 2014

By Ozetta

So far no problems, and she is doing pretty well at Autumn Green. The staff is very cooperative, friendly, and does everything that can help. She had a big bedroom, small kitchen, a dining area, living area, closet, and a little dresser. The food is where seniors eat. They have lots of activities, they even take them shopping and get the bus, or they take them to certain place. The place works for us so we could go and visit her since its closer to us, and it stood out to us. So far, so good.

June 27, 2014

My uncle stayed at Autumn Green for about a week, and he really liked that place. However, it was difficult to get around there. Other than that, it was a nice facility. I was impressed with the staff there, and they actually wanted him to stay there. The room that he was in was a temporary room. It was almost like a duplex with a common living room and kitchen. It looked like they had individual bathrooms. It was clean, and I was impressed with their sanitation.

June 18, 2014

By Michele17

Autumn Green is nice. The price is a little steep though. I would love to get my parents in over there. The rooms are big. They are just like an apartment. They have a really nice living community there. That was what my mom was looking for. It's a little pricey, but I think they were more willing to work with me because my father is a vet. The dining area is excellent. The staff is accommodating. I have nothing negative to say about Autumn Green. Everything is really nice.

May 11, 2014

By Ken21

Everybody is very helpful at Autumn Green at Midway Village, and they are also very supportive. They have a nice and clean environment. They provide good, nutritious meals.

February 27, 2014

By Carolyn34

We attended the holiday dinner celebration that Autumn Green had. They had a little trio playing and there was desserts and champagne. We took mother to that and she enjoyed it. The problem with them is that they only have one floor that's actually assisted living, and there is a waiting list. Everyone seemed friendly from the people at the front desk to the entertainment director and the manager. They were all attentive and welcoming. It looked like it was clean and well-kept. I also liked the fact that they had the rehab room. If mother needed to come down and walk to work on her leg she could do it right there in the building on site. They also have a magazine that is called Daily Lifestyle, also what they call "Saturday Mind Bender", chat with director of concierge services and explanations of what some of the things are so people can at least stay informed. They had an activities board down in the lobby area where they post the same schedule and other things that were going on in the building. I liked the variety of activities that they have. They could either watch TV, play games, bingo, exercise class, Wii tournaments with another facility, Christmas carols and field trips. My mother wouldn't be able to participate in those because she doesn't get around as well as she used to. She'll be 96 in August but she's basically doing pretty well. The dining room looks really nice with the way it was set up. On weekends, there was more like a brunch and then you were kind of on your own in your place or you could order some food if you wanted to do that.

July 11, 2012

By John C.

I'm not a professional so it would be difficult to rate this facility. I understand that most assisted living or nursing homes get a bad rap. However, when I went to visit this facility I was very surprised. It wasn't gloomy or dreary by any means. The tenants were treated very well. The staff was attentive to the needs of the tenants and the facility seemed well cleaned. The tenants had a variety of activities to keep them busy and there was plenty of security to ensure the safety of the people living there. There was controlled entry and plenty if security cameras. There was also on sight medical personnel and equipment in addition it helps that there is a relative closeness to nearby hospitals so that it provides safety and security of mind for both the residents and their families.

June 12, 2012

By John Belgard

I'm not a professional by any means when it comes to judging assisted living facilities. To be honest, sometimes they can creep me out. I have always been leary of them as well, as far as the treatment of the admitted tenants. But truthfully, when I did visit this facility, I was surprised to see such a nice, clean facility which fully provided the needs of the tenants. There was a dedicated staff, plenty of activities, and the decor was upbeat and bright. As far as security and access to the building, there was a controlled entry and all guest were monitored via camera upon entry. This gave me a large sense of security while visiting, and I would imagine the security aspect is a major part of why they chose this facility.

June 30, 2011

By WakaWestb

Autumn Greens is an enjoyable assisted living facility geared towards elderly individuals who want to maintain an active an mostly independent lifestyle while still taking advantage of the benefits of an assisted living. Towards that end, Autumn Greens does a good job. The rooms are more like apartments than hospital rooms, but at the same time are designed to be able to service the individual needs the occupant may have. Also, between the communal air of the place and the friendly staff, the family I have who have stayed there enjoy the time the spend there. Further more , the on sight medical personnel and equipment in addition to the relative closeness to nearby hospitals provides safety and security of mind for both the residents and their families. Between the communal free style of the Autumn Greens and their competent and dedicated staff and facilities, Autumn Greens is an ideal assisted living home for seniors who desire to maintain their active lifestyles.

May 23, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

While searching for a place for my aunt to live, I visited the Autumn Green facility at Midway Village. The Chicago Lawn area is easy to get to by car or public transport. My aunt really liked the well-kept park setting because the outdoors had always been a big part of her life. My aunt is very sociable and the types of cultural outings and events offered suit her well. A variety of fresh, healthy foods are offered and suit all dietary needs. We even got to enjoy fresh-baked bread during our visit. Snacks are available all day every day. The rooms are all nicely sized and decorated. The staff and management are very accommodating and eager to make the residents and visiting families comfortable. My aunt at times has memory issues, and there is always someone close by to assist her. Those who were not ambulatory seemed well-cared for. However, the weather is an issue in Chicago, so we had hoped there would be more indoor exercise class options and machines available. Since my aunt requires more physical exercise variety, I would give the facility an overall rating of 3.

Photos of Autumn Green at Midway Village

Features of Autumn Green at Midway Village

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6:1

• Licenses: Illinois Assisted Living License

About Autumn Green at Midway Village

Senior assisted living at Autumn Green at Midway Village offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Autumn Green at Midway Village, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Chicago has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Autumn Green at Midway Village, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Map of Autumn Green at Midway Village