Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.2

December 24, 2013

By caring75528350

Five Star Premier Residences was very nice. It seemed they have a variety of in-house programs and I liked that. The food and the staff was very nice. I was impressed when we took the tour that there were so many of them that had been there for a long time. There wasn't a lot of turnover and that was impressive also. The facility was in a great location. The individual rooms that we looked were typical, nothing unusual but they were very good. They have activities like bingo and movies. They also have specific interest groups like German club where they speak German, French club, etc. They have an area for people who play poker and other card games. They have people that would come in and do lectures. And of course, they have religious services there too. I didn't see anything for improvement really.

December 02, 2013

By easygoing

I was at Five Star Premier Residence and they are very nice. They had nice lectures and wonderful activities. The problem is that they area inhabited by older people and I'm tired of living with older people; they are mean. With regards to the staff, I didn’t like that they would come in to my room at night to give me my pill. I feel it's a transgression of my living space. These sort of things is something you can't find out by visiting the place by just being in the lobby or dining room as such. You have to be in the facility to know what it's like.

October 28, 2013

By Faith3

The rooms at Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase are very spacious and the services that they offer are what we needed. It's very clean and tastefully decorated. Everything is under one roof and they have about 300 activities to offer.

October 26, 2013

Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase is a topnotch facility and it's not unreasonably priced. The apartments were nice, spacious, and clean. The public areas including the kitchen were clean. Housekeeping is done once a week. There is a washer and dryer in the apartment so seniors don't have to lug their laundry down the hall. The staff were fabulous and very courteous. The chef came out to talk to us and gave us his personal card saying if we need something, we can call him directly. The administrative staff were all very open and friendly. The residents there also looked very engaged with their activities as well as with other people. One huge plus about this facility is that they have a motion detector wherein when they can't detect any movement in the room, they would have somebody check the room if the resident is okay.

September 25, 2013

By caring00030

It was very nice, although, my mom and dad thought it was a little formal for them. The staff was very good. We even had a chance to talk to the person who ran it and we listen to her marketing. However, they were a little bit expensive.

September 25, 2013

By Denny2

It was a very nice place and seemed to be pretty well located and I thought I would be very comfortable there. I was impressed with the facility. However, I was not sure if I could afford the fee for the regular apartment, which costs $4,000 a month. But it was a prime facility in my mind.

July 29, 2013

By chaimyankel

Unfortunately, the quality has declined to 3 stars since Five Star took the property over. While the apartments are spacious, the budget for things such as the often mediocre food has either declined or at least not kept up with increasing costs. Perhaps it's due to the large number of vacancies.

June 15, 2013

By nayar

My mother has been at the Five Star for many years, initially in independent living and for the past 3 years on the Assisted Living floor. She is very well taken care of by an attentive and cheerful staff. As compared to a lot of other facilities, even the assisted living residents have apartments, with a kitchen, separate bedroom, living room, etc. This gives them the space to decorate the apartment with items and furniture that are familiar to them and provide comfort. My mother, who is 95 1/2 receives help showering and dressing, has all her meds given to her on time, and is checked in on regularly. The dining room is on the same floor and has the same menu as the rest of the facility. My mother enjoys the menu options and the food is plentiful. I feel very confident in the fact that she is well taken care of and that the staff are in touch with any concerns they might have. The building used to be a Hyatt property and so the decor and furnishings are attractive.

October 18, 2012

By Chevy2012

After visiting this assisted living facility, my entire family decided that it would be the most appropriate and best fit for my grandmother. Although we all liked it equally, it was ultimately my grandmother who came to this conclusion. The facility has an extremely warm atmosphere - as soon as one walks in the building, you are greeted by friendly staff and provided with a beverage. The grounds are beautiful and extremely well-kept. The most attractive aspect of this assisted living facility is its ability to look and feel like any other apartment/living facility. The fact that it offers assisted living options is not readily noticeable and therefore provides residents with an autonomous feeling - which is extremely important for my grandmother who has lived on her own for years. The amenities are great - especially given the location. In the heart of lively Chevy Chase, this community offers more than what is located within the walls of the complex. Inside, there is a library, health center and one of my grandmother's favorite aspects - a pool. Overall, Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase is an excellent option for an assisted living facility.

September 06, 2012

It was very nice. Mom liked it. It was the most independent of all facilities we visited. Classic Residence is very nicely done, there's parking, and they have a full kitchen, a washer and dryer in the apartments, which is something mom really wanted. They allow pets. They did have some assisted living on one floor, but it's like 14 stories high and all the rest of it was independent.

September 04, 2011

By Peg1

A number of our friends have moved to this property that was originally run by Hyatt and is now part of the Vi corporation. Personally I find the apartments on the small side and the location right on Conn Ave with all the noise and traffic somewhat undesireable. The staff is very pleasant and responsive. I would have to give the food mixed reviews on balance.

August 14, 2011

By Tom2

This is a first rate upscale facility with independent assisted living. Good staff and very attractive physical plant. The only downside is the actual location. Part of the building overlooks a country club and golf course which is nice the other side is on a very busy suburban road. There are services in the neighborhood e.g. grocery store and dry cleaners near by but largely across the busy and inhospitable road.

Photos of Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase

• Dining Extra: Catering

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7:1

• Licenses: A.L. Certification

About Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase

Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase offers compassionate senior care in Chevy Chase, MD. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Chevy Chase, MD.

Located inside the Beltway in a park like setting, we have a vibrant lifestyle with over 300 activities each month, an indoor swimming pool, newly renovated health club, cocktail lounge, a stable management team (many with over 15 years experience at the community) and Fine dining prepared by our Executive Chef; Sous Chef and Pastry Chef

Map of Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase