Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

5555 Friendship Boulevard, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

Caring81291950 June 19, 2014

We visited Brighton Gardens. I thought the rooms were minuscule. Its location would be in the area that we live, and we're very familiar with it. All of our doctors are in that area. I didn't realize that it did not have independent living, but it's only assisted, and I'm not ready for assisted living.

It was very hard to get any financial feedback from them, and that's very important. When you go to buy a house, they have all the things you want, but if you don't know if you can afford the house, what good is it that it has all the features that you've always wanted. I think they have to revamp somehow and make it one price that everything is included in, maybe medication.

I saw a calendar with all the activities: people coming to lecture and games. The staff was very helpful. They were very, very nice, very accommodating. People were smiling. The dining room looked very clean, and I thought the people that we talked to seemed very engaged and understanding.

CJlady August 28, 2013

My mom lived here for 3 years 2009-2012 until she died last year. It is by far the best asst. living in this area. Mom lived in asst. living in another state before that, and for a short while at Emeritus on 7 Locks Rd (I had to move her out of there, it was so terrible). The caregivers here are extraordinary and the mgmt. very responsive. The food is even good and they have a salad bar and daily "happy hour" with snacks which many residents attend. Also frequent concerts, movies, outings and holiday parties. The medical staff is top-notch. They have nice apts. ranging from studios to 2-BR and are very accommodating to family members. I cannot say enough good things about this facility. It is very expensive but worth every penny if you can afford it.

Carole6 August 01, 2013

I met Sue, Erwin or Erom, and Christine at Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights. They were fabulous and wonderful. I felt very comfortable with them and they really helped us out. The facility was very beautiful and I had every confidence in it. The location was perfect. It was only ten minutes from my house. When we visited there, they were having a movie. They were exactly what we were looking for and I would absolutely recommend them to others.

mattsimon April 19, 2012

The facilities were clean and the decor was very nice. I thought that the staff was very professional and seemed to do a good job. The residents seemed cheery and were of many different ability levels, which the staff seemed to respond to. There were many options for activities such as a trip to the Eastern Shore and movie nights. I was impressed that there's also a social hour every day. The only criticism that I have is that there seemed to be a number of different instructions to help my grandma with her specific needs, some of which were in conflict with one another. I think that my grandma will be happy there as she no longer has to take care of an entire house al by herself. The food at the facility also appears to be of good quality and healthy, nothing fried or too high in fat.

Tom2 September 01, 2011

This assisted living proporty has a terrific location - right in the center of Chevy Chase with shopping and activites very close by. There is also a transportation service for those who are not up to walking the neighborhood which is very safe and welcoming. The apartments are small but fully serviceable. Brighton which is run by Sunrise after being originally operated by Marriott also has a very strong memory loss program and support for those with dementia. The minimum monthly charge is in the 5k range.

5h4ng4 May 26, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

I, initally took a tour of the facility with my mother and her sister. My mother was becoming increasingly senile and needed to be in an assisted living place. It seemed clean, the staff was friendly, there seemed to be a lot of activities for the residents. I moved my mother into a 2 bedroom apartment which is what she wanted. She is not a joiner but the activity director made a valiant effort to get her to join in.

There did seem to be a lot of staff movement especially with the people who interacted directly with the residents. This caused some confusion for my mother and myself. Also, it was not stated plainly to me that there is limited skilled nursing available for the residents. If they get really sick, they get sent to the hospital. If the resident doesn't want to go, then they don't have to. This was a problem for me because she wouldn't go unless I was there in the middle of the night to make her.

All in all, I think that she did as good as she could do in an assisted facility. She missed her home very much.

From Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

At Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights, we pride ourselves in our choice setting, our premiere building with large apartments and beautiful views, and our exclusive neighborhood. Located just minutes from I-495, between River Road and Wisconsin Avenue, Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights is in a fantastic location. Conveniently situated within walking distance of the Friendship Heights Metro station, fine shopping and dining, medical and professional offices and next door to the Friendship Heights Village Community Center, our residents and their families have ready access to a wide variety of resources. We offer individualized service plans to meet their individual needs - from customized services to assistance with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. We also offer a specialized neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer?s or other memory impairments.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brighton Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brighton Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

Next door to a Community Center which offers independent programming and activities, Convenient to doctors offices, shopping and restraurants

Features of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Dining extra: room service additional cost

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Drama Club

• Staff patient ratio: Variable staffing model
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Maryland

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights