Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

5555 Friendship Boulevard, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

January 13, 2015

My mother has been at Brighton Gardens since November. She is African-American, and she is not used to their type of food. She constantly complains that she does not like it, but it is probably better for her, and she has to eat because there is nothing else to eat. It has taken her a little time to adjust and to see how other people are going to react to her. Even though there are a few African-Americans up there, the Caucasians do override them. But that was not what I was concerned about. We were concerned about putting her somewhere decent and nice, and I love the people that helped me get her there -- the administrator and the other person and whatever. She seems to be OK with it now. Their activities are nice. She loves it when someone comes in and plays the piano. They always have movie nights, and she likes that. Sometimes her medication gets to her late, but we don't want them to get to her at noontime, and she sometimes complains about some of the staff members' attitude. Her apartment is a nice size. I would call it a junior efficiency; she has a refrigerator in there, and she has a nice bathroom. It is very nice, and she loves it. She likes the little view; even though she can't see much, at least she can see outside. Their surroundings and all that are beautiful. They only clean their rooms once a week, and we are not really used to that, but her room gets cleaned like every Thursday, and I think it should be maybe twice a week. But it is a very nice atmosphere -- it is a very nice place.

June 19, 2014

By Caring81291950

We visited Brighton Gardens. I thought the rooms were minuscule. Its location would be in the area that we live, and we're very familiar with it. All of our doctors are in that area. I didn't realize that it did not have independent living, but it's only assisted, and I'm not ready for assisted living. It was very hard to get any financial feedback from them, and that's very important. When you go to buy a house, they have all the things you want, but if you don't know if you can afford the house, what good is it that it has all the features that you've always wanted. I think they have to revamp somehow and make it one price that everything is included in, maybe medication. I saw a calendar with all the activities: people coming to lecture and games. The staff was very helpful. They were very, very nice, very accommodating. People were smiling. The dining room looked very clean, and I thought the people that we talked to seemed very engaged and understanding.

August 28, 2013

By CJlady

My mom lived here for 3 years 2009-2012 until she died last year. It is by far the best asst. living in this area. Mom lived in asst. living in another state before that, and for a short while at Emeritus on 7 Locks Rd (I had to move her out of there, it was so terrible). The caregivers here are extraordinary and the mgmt. very responsive. The food is even good and they have a salad bar and daily "happy hour" with snacks which many residents attend. Also frequent concerts, movies, outings and holiday parties. The medical staff is top-notch. They have nice apts. ranging from studios to 2-BR and are very accommodating to family members. I cannot say enough good things about this facility. It is very expensive but worth every penny if you can afford it.

August 01, 2013

By Carole6

I met Sue, Erwin or Erom, and Christine at Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights. They were fabulous and wonderful. I felt very comfortable with them and they really helped us out. The facility was very beautiful and I had every confidence in it. The location was perfect. It was only ten minutes from my house. When we visited there, they were having a movie. They were exactly what we were looking for and I would absolutely recommend them to others.

April 19, 2012

By mattsimon

The facilities were clean and the decor was very nice. I thought that the staff was very professional and seemed to do a good job. The residents seemed cheery and were of many different ability levels, which the staff seemed to respond to. There were many options for activities such as a trip to the Eastern Shore and movie nights. I was impressed that there's also a social hour every day. The only criticism that I have is that there seemed to be a number of different instructions to help my grandma with her specific needs, some of which were in conflict with one another. I think that my grandma will be happy there as she no longer has to take care of an entire house al by herself. The food at the facility also appears to be of good quality and healthy, nothing fried or too high in fat.

September 01, 2011

By Tom2

This assisted living proporty has a terrific location - right in the center of Chevy Chase with shopping and activites very close by. There is also a transportation service for those who are not up to walking the neighborhood which is very safe and welcoming. The apartments are small but fully serviceable. Brighton which is run by Sunrise after being originally operated by Marriott also has a very strong memory loss program and support for those with dementia. The minimum monthly charge is in the 5k range.

May 26, 2011

By 5h4ng4

Friend or relative of resident

I, initally took a tour of the facility with my mother and her sister. My mother was becoming increasingly senile and needed to be in an assisted living place. It seemed clean, the staff was friendly, there seemed to be a lot of activities for the residents. I moved my mother into a 2 bedroom apartment which is what she wanted. She is not a joiner but the activity director made a valiant effort to get her to join in. There did seem to be a lot of staff movement especially with the people who interacted directly with the residents. This caused some confusion for my mother and myself. Also, it was not stated plainly to me that there is limited skilled nursing available for the residents. If they get really sick, they get sent to the hospital. If the resident doesn't want to go, then they don't have to. This was a problem for me because she wouldn't go unless I was there in the middle of the night to make her. All in all, I think that she did as good as she could do in an assisted facility. She missed her home very much.

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

• Activities Extra: Drama Club

• Staff Patient Ratio: Variable Staffing Model

• Licenses: Maryland

About Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

At Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights, we pride ourselves in our choice setting, our premiere building with large apartments and beautiful views, and our exclusive neighborhood. Located just minutes from I-495, between River Road and Wisconsin Avenue, Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights is in a fantastic location. Conveniently situated within walking distance of the Friendship Heights Metro station, fine shopping and dining, medical and professional offices and next door to the Friendship Heights Village Community Center, our residents and their families have ready access to a wide variety of resources. We offer individualized service plans to meet their individual needs - from customized services to assistance with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. We also offer a specialized neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer?s or other memory impairments.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brighton Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brighton Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

Next door to a Community Center which offers independent programming and activities, Convenient to doctors offices, shopping and restraurants

Map of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights