Promenade at Chestnut Ridge

168 Red Schoolhouse Road, Chestnut Ridge, NY, 10977

Contact Now

Reviews of Promenade at Chestnut Ridge

Nancy107739450 June 30, 2015

My aunt is doing very well in Promenade at Chestnut Ridge (Formerly Esplanade Chestnut Ridge). I found this place to be more homey. She liked it, she moved in on respite, and now that she decided she is going to stay, she is doing fabulously. She looks wonderful and happy. She is well taken care of, she is really flourishing, and it's the perfect place for her. She has friends, and she participates in different activities. The staff are very friendly and outgoing, and they went out of their way to make her feel welcome and at home. They are very warm.

Caring106048050 May 14, 2015

We were impressed from the very first time that we went to Promenade. The ambiance of the people was very warm and caring. We felt that it was the perfect fit for my mom. The first time we went there, we saw three different rooms. They were all very spacious and bright. The room we picked for her is a large studio with a large walk-in closet. It has two other closets and a little kitchen area. It is large enough for the family to visit rather than having two rooms. Originally, we thought we wanted a one bedroom, but it is actually working better because it is a large room. When family members come and visit, it is not crowded. It works out very nicely. I haven't had any meals there, but she said the meals are good. They are not super gourmet food, and it is kosher style food. It is good, and she is familiar with it, so she is eating well. The social director seems very involved with their residents. There are games she likes to play like mahjong, canasta, and bingo which keeps her busy during the day. They have entertainment coming in and out, and they have a Shabbat service on Friday afternoon. They have bus trips to take them out to lunch toward the Bear Mountain and the Hudson Valley. I have no complaints right now, and it is very nice. It is not a super fancy place, but it is very comfortable.

Kathleen105960450 April 30, 2015

I went to Promenade one afternoon and found the facility to be very nice. I met a couple of people, and the employee seems to be very nice and very friendly. They were interacting very well with the residents that live there. While I was there, they were having an entertainment session, and the residents were invited to come down to listen to the music being played by an outside person. They say entertainment goes on probably at least once a week. It was very nice, and they have coffee and tea set up too. It seems like all the residents were enjoying it, and some were up dancing to the music. I was able to see the dining area which was very nice. They have a little area where they can watch movies in the evening. They have a beauty parlor and medical office that you can go in to see the nurse. They showed me the laundry facility, and they informed me that they do the laundry for the residents once a week. The rooms are very nice. You can either get a single room or share a room with someone. They have call buttons in the room in case they need assistance. They also check on the residents if they don't come down for meals; someone will come checking to find out why they didn't come down. While the residents can eat in their room, they are encouraged to come down to socialize with the people. From what I saw and from what they told me, it is a very nice and well cared for facility. They seem to keep the place looking nice for the residents.

Joan107630350 March 18, 2015

My mother is in The Esplanade which is now changing this month to The Promenade at Chestnut Ridge. I contacted a website, they gave me a few to look at, and I chose this one. The staff has been great. I've been very happy with everyone I've come in contact with. My mom is in a room that has a kitchenette. It is a fairly large room -- nice and bright -- and they're happy with it. I think the food is lovely. It is not the place; my mother is being uncooperative. Our experience isn't great yet. She is still adjusting. She is refusing to eat, she doesn't like the food, and she doesn't like anything. She just sits in her room and won't go to the activities of which they have many. The activities are great. They offer mass every other Sunday, and they have communion services every Sunday for those who wish to. They have bingo, and they read the newspaper to them every day. They have people coming in and doing singing, dancing, and sing-alongs. There are all kinds of activities. I've been very pleased. One of the reasons I chose it is if you run out of money, they will keep you because they accept Medicaid. That is a big deal.

Christine5511 December 10, 2014

We visited The Esplanade At Chestnut Ridge for my mother. It was twice the size than the other facility. The director was exceptionally nice. The rooms weren't as large though. Overall, the place was very warm and outgoing. There were a lot of activities. They have art classes and bingo. They also have a caring staff.

Caring95431950 October 25, 2014

The Esplanade was a lot smaller, and I love that the residents are kind of all together. There was one activity in the common room, and they brought everybody down to the activity. They seemed to have a lot of things going on all day long. The person that I met was very nice, very caring, and followed up to see how we were doing. They don’t have a memory care unit though. The rooms were small, mother had to share a room, and it almost looked like a hospital. It was a little more convenient for me.

Andrew16 June 30, 2014

My father-in-law has moved to Esplanade. It was modestly priced compared to the other ones we saw. It seemed like it had a larger population than some of the other places. We really like the staff. It was a single room. It's not a studio, but a nice-sized room. We are pleased with the size of it, and everything is fairly clean and new. The bathroom had just been done. We picked this place because of the price, and it was also closer. We were worried that he would miss his own place, but he fit right in. He completely loves it there.

Ldymiki March 30, 2014

I placed my mother in the care of The Esplanade at Chestnut Ridge for a one week respite while my husband and I were away on vacation. My mother had a wonderful time there. The staff attended to her every need. Long story short, my mom keeps asking me when we will be going away again because she had such a great time there and is looking forward to her week stay also. I cannot thank them enough for giving me such piece of mind so that I could take a much needed vacation.

Debby2 April 28, 2013

I chose this facility for my mother because it was close to me and my brother. It was clean. She didn't have a lot of money and they negotiated with us. They seemed really nice. But at the very beginning, they forgot about her. They didn't send somebody to take her down to lunch. She went in on Wednesday and she fell on Saturday. Why she fell, I don't know. She fell in her room. Then she was rushed to the hospital and she died on Sunday.

From Promenade at Chestnut Ridge

For more than 40 years, the Laufer family has been dedicated to providing seniors with exceptional housing and service options, enabling seniors to enjoy their retirement years to the fullest. Our residents enjoy personalized care, impeccable service, friendship, love and laughter in each of our distinctive communities.

This is a warm close knit community. As a family owned and operated Community, you will feel the warmth and professionalism in the staff immediately!

Features of Promenade at Chestnut Ridge

• Low fat

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• We charge an entry fee

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Promenade at Chestnut Ridge