Sunrise of Chesterfield

1880 Clarkson Road, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

Reviews of Sunrise of Chesterfield

Caring103214450 March 17, 2015

We went to Sunrise, and I really liked it. I thought there were some neat things about it, but their memory care seemed really crowded. It might not have been. It might have been me. For me, I was looking for people that were more like my mom in the stage that she was in, and I saw more people at Sunrise that were in the more advanced stages of dementia.

What turned me off was one of the hallways had a nursery theme. I don't really understand dementia that well. I do know that they would revert back, but I just felt that it was kind of too baby-ish. I just felt like at my mom's stage, that would make her really angry that we were putting her into something that seemed like a day care. I just didn't like the look of it as much. I felt it was too crowded. I didn't like the themes of the hallways. They had like dress-up clothes and things like that, and I just felt like my mom wasn't ready for that kind of thing. I don't know if that was normal. I wanted more of a hotel feel, and I believed that where she was, it was more of a hotel feel. Although, they were very nice and I didn't have any real problem with anything, it was just wasn't the right feel for my mom.

In their memory care unit, their outside area was on the second floor, so when people went outside, it was just a deck area. It was enclosed and had some sitting areas, but it was small. They had plants and stuff, but it didn't feel like an outdoor area.

Caring93518650 September 08, 2014

My mother moved in at Sunrise of Chesterfield four years ago and initially, they had a very caring staff and everything was very positive. However, just within the last couple of years, they had such a turnover in staff and nobody seemed to be concerned enough about whether or not she got her medicines on time. It just didn't seem like they could hire quality people who really care about what they are doing, as supposed to just showing up to get a paycheck. So it was very frustrating. Initially, we did like the initial staff that was there and the way the facility was designed. It was very much like a large home setting. I did like that. However, over the long haul, when they continued to have constant change-over, the people weren't the caring kind of staff that they had. The staff had really taken the turn for the worse. Also, the facility locked their doors at around 8 p.m., but because my mom still drives, she would go out and she would get back shortly after that period. She would even call ahead to let them know that she would be getting there in the next few minutes, but there were a number of occasions when she had to wait sometimes 20 to 30 minutes to have someone come let her into the facility.

adapting August 30, 2014

I visited Sunrise of Chesterfield and I loved it. I liked the people there. I also loved what I saw. The place was very pretty and attractive. The only reason why I didn't choose this community was its distance from my home. We were ready to check him in there. Then, we got a phone call that a room became available in the facility that was closer to my home.

JKT April 17, 2014

Very pretty, clean, comfortable apartments for assisted living. Staff friendly. Only complaint is the dining facilities. Very poor working staff and organization with dining. Unprofessional. This place is geared more toward Alzheimer and advanced dementia care, rather than just assisted living. So this is not so good when your loved one really needs to be around other residents that are not as mentally impaired.

We are sorry to hear that you felt the dining experience was subpar and we'd like to learn more. Please email us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com to share more details. We will be notifying the community of these complaints. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Kathy32 November 27, 2013

Sunrise was very clean and organized. They had a lot of activities for the adults. The rooms were very clean and nice. I liked them.

Thomas3 October 12, 2012

My grandpa thoroughly enjoyed the daily meals and activities the facility provided. One of his favorite days was when they provided steak, because he always loved his salted steak. I was glad to see one moment in his life was fulfilled.Of course, needless to say, there was not a lack of religious fulfillment. They offered in-resident church services for the people attending. This also, like above, was a very imperative part of his life, so I was glad to see that fulfilled.The staff, despite some of their flaws that were not immediately apparent, tried their best to provide the most comfortable living conditions possible. I would more or less recommend.

From Sunrise of Chesterfield

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Chesterfield is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

Features of Sunrise of Chesterfield