Morning Pointe of Chattanooga at Shallowford

7719 Shallowford Rd, Chattanooga, TN, 37421

Reviews of Morning Pointe of Chattanooga at Shallowford

Lance5 October 28, 2015

Everything at Morning Pointe was very impressive. It was a fairly new facility, and so everything looked very clean and able to meet the needs of my parents. The food was great, and the dining facility was also wonderful. They have game time, walking, exercise classes, dance; all kinds of things. I was probably most impressed with the staff -- very friendly, professional.

1212 October 01, 2015

I had a relative in the Assisted Living part of this facility and things were mostly ok, except for the graduated costs for additional care. If I identified a problem, there were additional charges for a solution. The levels of care and additional fees were a constant in my meetings with the nursing director. When my relative moved to the Memory Care (Alzheimer's and Dementia Care) the second shift staff was in a constant state of turnover. I visited my relative in the late evening and found clothing and bedding had not been changed and the situation was reprehensible; the two staff members reported they didn't have the ability to clean my relative. We moved my relative to a different facility: the new facility had long term staff and a flat rate for whatever care was needed. I cannot recommend Morning Pointe's memory care facility at all.

David109945250 July 04, 2015

We chose Morning Pointe at Shallowford because it was newer and cleaner. I like the layout of the room. Some of the others I looked at have the bathroom off of the living room rather than off of the bedroom, and that was just too much work for my mom to handle. That was the one of the main issues.

The staff so far has been excellent. If anything happened, they would call me. Even if she gets a scratch, they call me, and tell you, "Well, we put a band-aid on it." However, I don't think my mom is participating in that many activities. She is one of the older people because she is 96, but she does do the bingo, and of course, there are the three meals a day, but I'm not sure what else she's doing.

Caring107508450 March 12, 2015

My mom came from Morning Pointe. It was a very nice and pretty facility. You had to be healthy enough to be able to move around, and when you were not, you would need to find somewhere else to live. The nurses especially were very attentive. In her two years, in my opinion, the only down fall was the staff was not helpful to the end, which was disappointing. However, the rooms were very nice. There was no problem there. It was also very clean.

From Morning Pointe of Chattanooga at Shallowford

Brand New Community, Now Open!

Morning Pointe can help manage the uncertainty of caring for an aging loved one, while enhancing their independence. At Morning Pointe, trained staff listen to learn the resident's preferences and needs. Each care plan is tailored to assure dignity and enhance quality of life. Individual care plans are reviewed regularly and when necessary are coordinated with outside medical providers allowing the residents’ ever changing needs to be met today and in the future.

Licensed nurses at Morning Pointe work closely with the resident’s family and physicians to understand changing medication needs. Our licensed nurses oversee medication management ensuring your loved one takes the correct medication at the right time.

Eating right doesn’t have to be hard. At Morning Pointe, our staff work closely with the residents to understand their preferences and create an ever changing menu that includes seasonal fruits and vegetables. A wide variety of nutritious entrees and always available alternate items create a dining experience that is full of choices.

Features of Morning Pointe of Chattanooga at Shallowford

• Features Extra Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Technology Extra Emergency Call System

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra Computer Classes.

• Minimum Age None