Sunrise on Providence

5114 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC, 28226

Reviews of Sunrise on Providence

Caring104433150 March 31, 2015

I like the size of the rooms at Sunrise at Providence. The layout, looks, and the décor felt homey. It didn’t feel too institutional. I also like the people because they seemed nice and friendly. The place was very clean looking. We weren't overly impressed with the food.

Elaine19 June 19, 2014

The first one we chose was Sunrise on Providence Road. I only had him there for five days and I took him out. I didn’t like it there. The room that they gave him was fine. It was kind of nice, but the facility for memory care was very close, small, and noisy. Their food was terrible. It was just not the right place for my husband. I lost a lot of money because they would not give me any money back at all. The staff were good, and when I first arrived, I had all the help I needed to move in, and that was great. When I was moving out, they were too busy to help me. I would not recommend them for memory care.

We are sorry to hear you had this negative experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to learn more. Please contact us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with your contact information so that we can reach out.Thank you,

The Sunrise Team

Bill46 May 29, 2014

At Sunrise on Providence, they had good programs for memory loss patients. I would rate them highly. The staff were excellent people and very knowledgeable. At the time I visited it, some of the seniors were doing exercises that they could do sitting down. They were doing some puzzles and different things that people with dementia would be doing. The rooms were very nice. They were the same size and have the same type of facilities, like a shower and a bathroom.

Bobby5 November 21, 2013

I did visit Sunrise. It was in a great location. It was a newer facility and it did have a good warm feeling about it that would be inviting for the residents. Their rooms were nice, warm and well-equipped. I would also say their rooms were spacious but to a degree that you have a good living accommodation, which would be fine. The people there were very friendly and accommodating too.

CatieJ September 13, 2012

I thought this facility was a wonderful place for seniors to live. Everything is very clean and neat, and decorated nicely. The staff is extremely friendly and they treat their residents extremely well. The Sunrise on Providence is a great place to live. The location is great, being close to South Park mall and local restaurants. My boyfriend's grandmother lives in this facility, and she has never been happier. They have so many fun activities and events for the men and women living there; it truly is a warm and engaging place to live and stay active at an advanced age. I noticed his grandmother would be eager to go home and see here friends. Her daughters take much comfort in the fact that she is well taken care of and there in case anything happens while they cannot be there. I was pleasantly surprised because this was a far cry from the typical nursing home I am used to.

YoungAtHeart1 April 25, 2012

I found this facility to be exceptional. When my grandmother was staying here, I was about 14 and one of my favorite things to do was use the wheelchairs in the hall and ride them around the hallways. The nurses and assistants working there had no problem with me having a little fun as long as I wasn't getting in anybody's way. This type of free loving atmosphere was crucial in my acceptance of the place. I loved the way they took care of their residents, without making them feel like they were living in a prison. The residents, as well as their visitors, had plenty of freedom to live as they wanted to live, which is very important in these kinds of facilities. They made it feel as much like a home as they could.

cdayton September 03, 2011

I visited Sunrise at Providence while assisting a family in finding short term respite care for their loved one. Upon entering the facility, we were immediately greeted by friendly, smiling staff. The atmosphere was clean, bright, and free from any kind of negative odors.

The staff in this facility in general seemed very friendly. I saw nurses talking individually to residents and also a scheduled activity in the common area (art time). The calendar of activities was impressive and it seemed as if there was plenty to keep any resident busy if they chose to participate.

The dining hall was also very clean and set up to feel very "home like". I spoke with two residents who both stated they enjoyed the food.

The individual rooms were spacious and it seemed as if residents were encouraged to decorate them to feel like home. I saw many pictures of family members and personal items displayed proudly in the rooms.

All in all this facility was very impressive and my client stated she enjoyed her stay there (though was, understandably, also happy to return home). I would recommend it easily and use it for my own family members if the need ever presented itself.

From Sunrise on Providence

Located just minutes from South Park Mall, Arboretum Shopping Center and a wide variety of restaurants, Sunrise on Providence sits on 12 acres of hardwoods and enjoys the view of a beautiful lake right outside our back door, as well as right across the street from the Jewish Community Center. We pride ourselves on our spacious suites, beautiful living areas and our outstanding and diverse group of residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise on Providence

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours