Summit Place of South Park

2102 Runnymede Lane, Charlotte, NC, 28209

Reviews of Summit Place of South Park

Caring109100450 June 29, 2015

It's been a very positive experience. The staff is personable and diligent. Summit Place of South Park is really nice and clean. They assisted me as much as they could in moving my dad. They have nice apartment style rooms with a sink, refrigerator, and cabinet. The dining room is nice, but they need improvement on the food. They have a lot of nice activities, but they need more male-oriented activities. Security is well maintained.

Thank you for your feedback. We value your input and share your concern. To better serve you, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Our dedicated staff is committed to providing the utmost care and services to all residents. Your feedback helps us identify areas of opportunity for us to focus on as we strive to uphold and improve the quality of standards that each resident deserves. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to continue to serve you and your loved one.

Caring104433150 March 31, 2015

The positive thing about Summit Place is that it's very clean and close to where we live so that would be very convenient. The staff was good, but as we were talking to the people, they were not really returning calls as quickly and also the size of the room was much smaller. It seemed like a little bit harder for our father to get around. They really have nice rooms and amenities and I think the food was good.

Nicole11 February 19, 2015

My experience at Summit Place has been very positive. The rooms are very nice and clean. What I like about it is that it is well it. It has a live feeling, not gloomy. The lighting is really good. The staff are great, attentive, caring, and welcoming. My grandmother just moved in about three weeks ago, and I had been very impressed with how much they attended to her and made her feel at home. They have multiple activities all throughout the day, starting from 8:30 in the morning right after breakfast to about 6:30 in the evening. They always have a mid morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, and right after dinner activity everyday. For example, they have some elementary kids who come in weekly from the local elementary school, and they have performers who come in. What I like about this place is that there are a lot of lounge areas throughout the floors. Even some residents who don't go to activities can still kind of just sit and socialize with each other.

Caring102614250 December 09, 2014

My mother has a couple of friends at Summit Place of Southpark. The staff is well organized, and they have lots of activities scheduled. The physical aspect of the facility is very nice as well as her room. The food was excellent.

Samuel4 November 22, 2014

The only one I would be happy to go to would be Summit Place. The atmosphere was beautiful. It smells good when you go in. The Summit Place was really nice with all the facilities there. My wife and I talked to the staff and the lady who was in charge of the cafeteria, Cassandra, she showed us around to a couple of apartments. We stayed there and ate lunch, and the food was wonderful. The rooms were adequate. I liked the whole facility especially the part that was attached to it, the memory care part.

Bill46 May 29, 2014

Summit Place of South Park was a fine facility but very high priced. Nevertheless, they had a good program for memory loss patients. The staff was very informative. The gentleman who was showing me around was very knowledgeable. Their nurses, aides, and those who were helping out with the patients seemed to be very knowledgeable as well. They had different activities according to the way dementia patients were rated. In other words, there were four areas for the different stages of dementia. That's the way the building is laid out.

slewis8 March 05, 2013

First off - no place is going to be home. Our loved one didn't want to go into assisted living at first but we agreed to give it a shot. The staff at Summit Place went over the top to make sure our family member was welcomed and comfortable there. They really do the extra things to make it a nice transition from home to assisted living. I can assure you no place is "perfect" - but I can attest that Summit Place does a great job of striving to be. Highly Recommended.

Leslie7 February 22, 2013

Summit Place of South Park was very nice and the price was good. They gave me a great discount. It's in a nice area, too. The staff is caring, patient, and they're doing a good job. They seem very helpful and would go the extra mile to take care of the residents.

Woody1 January 06, 2012

Summit Place of South Park is a part of Five Star Quality Care, Inc. They operate more than 200 Independent Living and Assisted Living facilities. This facility is located in the South Park area of Charlotte, which is very centrally located in a beautiful location. Summit Place offers both Assisted Living care and more specialized Alzheimer's or Dementia care. Upon arrival, each resident has a Care Plan created which details the personalized services that are needed to improve the quality of life and to give as much independence as is possible. All of the services are overseen by Certified Nursing Assistants and Licensed Medication Technicians, and their work is then managed by Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses.Amenities offered at this facility include such items as free transportation to appointments, all meals, tailored to the resident's choices and diets, many scheduled activities, pet friendly accommodations, Beauty Salon, Guest Rooms for families, Housekeeping, and laundry services. There are also many Wellness activities and amenities. Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy are all offered on site. In addition, there are Pharmacy Service, Physician Services, Mobile X-Ray, and Medical Labs on site. Events and activities are available on a daily basis so that there are options for everyone to choose from. The facility itself is beautifully designed and well maintained. The hallways and living areas are large and easy to maneuver around in, even for someone in a wheelchair or with a walker. Everything is well lit and very clean. All of the staff that I have interacted with have been professional, knowledgeable, and caring. The ratio of staff to residents seems adequate and any requests that I have heard have been handled quickly. For someone looking for outstanding care for themselves or a relative, I would definitely recommend Summit Place. The one drawback for some people might be cost, as this facility is in an extremely expensive area of Charlotte, NC.

anonymousll November 21, 2011

Summit Place of South Park is an assisted living apartment complex that we have visited many times. My husband's parents have both been living here for almost a year. They have a 1 bedroom apartment with a fully equipped kitchen and climate control settings. In my opinion this is a place where the golden years really are a wonderful part of life. In addition to a room with a view you have someone to assist you around the clock. There is even a sunny courtyard, patio swings and colorful landscaping to make your outdoor time as pleasant as possible. The apartment is well planned and there is plenty of room to move about without bumping into furniture or appliances. The colors are tasteful, and the bath is outfitted with features such as "˜grab bars' in the shower. Instead of feeling as though we are in a senior citizen's community we have the sense of being "˜at home' with the folks we love. The menu at Summit Place of South Park would make any restaurant proud. Every time we visit or call it seems as though we are hearing about the wonderful food. Yes, we have tried some of the meals and they are indeed delicious. You can be sure that no "˜hospital food' is being served at this facility. The staff goes the extra step in taking care of our family members and they take the time to keep us "˜in the loop' too. Each time we visit we are impressed with the optimism and happiness that seems to surround all of the staff members and residents. Smiles must be contagious, because everyone here seems to be beaming all the time. It can be difficult to watch your family members move into an assisted living environment. You worry if they will be happy or if they will be cared for properly. Lucky for us our folks made a very wise (and worry-free) choice.

From Summit Place of South Park

Summit Place of South Park offers compassionate senior care in Charlotte, NC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Summit Place of South Park shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Charlotte, NC.

Features of Summit Place of South Park

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• German
  • Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,650/month

• Staff patient ratio: 15 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: HAL060116
  • State License(s): HAL-060-116

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Summit Place of South Park