Elmcroft of Little Avenue

7745 Little Avenue, Charlotte, NC, 28226

Reviews of Elmcroft of Little Avenue

Caring109596550 July 21, 2015

Elmcroft was my favorite; it stood out of all the ones I’ve been to. I absolutely loved the staff. You get a real good sense of the people that live there, and the staff seemed to really be close and very involved with the residents. The residents I talked with seemed very happy there.

We had lunch there and talked with several staff members; my mom visited with me, and she loved it. The facility is older, but it’s very well kept up. It had a lot more personality to it, and the rooms were spacious. It was just more than what we could spend. They have only private rooms; they don’t have the companion rooms.

Caring109093150 June 28, 2015

I found Elmcroft of Little Avenue for my mother. They have both shared rooms and private available, and she is in a private room. It is not spacious, but it is adequate. There are tons of activities available; they have a calendar of events. They are extremely personable. Each one of their staff members knows my mom and her needs. The food can be better, but it is good, and people like it.

Caring105116750 April 17, 2015

Elmcroft of Little Avenue was very nice. The room was very nice, very bright, and it seemed bigger than some of the other ones. It was a smaller community, not as many residents, but the age of the population was older than what we were looking for. My husband is only 53, so we were looking for something that had some people that were either in their 50's or early 60's. It just wasn't the right fit for us. It had a very good feel; it seemed that everybody there enjoyed being there and working there. The day that we visited, they were having staff appreciation, and they had a red-carpet theme, so they had the red-carpet and snacks -- just kind of a lot going on. You are like pleasantly surprised from what the outside looks like when you go in. The inside is just totally different than what you see; "you can't read a book by its cover" is the best way to describe this one. It was lovely inside, and the people were lovely.

Nicole11 February 19, 2015

Elmcroft of Little Avenue was nice, but I wasn't as impressed with this particular one. I can't quite pinpoint what it was. For me, most of the places offer the same features as far as the residents, but for me, it was just the feel. It didn't have an open feel for me. I don't know if it is because I went on a weekend. Sometimes on the weekend, it's not as well staffed as it might be during the week. The particular day that I went, the elevator wasn't working, so I couldn't help but think about a lot of the folks who are in a place like this who have issues with mobility. Being able to get an elevator fixed really quickly is very important. This was also the place where I thought the hallways were kind of narrow. It wasn't a contender after visiting.

Caring4232 June 30, 2014

My husband is going to Elmcroft of Little Avenue (7745 Little Avenue), primarily because my daughter works about a hundred yards from there and it was a very nice community. The residents seemed to be up and about and were participating in the activities that were going on at the moment or getting ready for lunch. A few were sitting in their rooms; they were sitting happily, doing a jigsaw puzzle that they like best. I was impressed with the mobility. I don't mean that the people can walk, there were wheelchairs, walkers, and things like that, but they did seem to be a little sparkling. The room that he is going to have has a private bathroom, a nice-sized closet, and a little refrigerator and microwave.

Bill40 February 27, 2014

Elmcroft was a little more intimate. It was smaller. It had about 35 to 36 guests. When my wife and I looked at it, we just thought that it might be more to my mom's liking. The rooms were smaller but it had a little nicer touch to it. The people there were very friendly. The director had done a great job talking to my mom getting her to admit some things that she didn't admit to me and wouldn’t admit to herself.

John McClatchy June 30, 2012

My company has been sponsoring community outreach to this facility since June of 2009. We have experienced patients in the memory ward & families interacting with their loved ones. The nursing staff has been amazingly loving and compassionate, beyond reproach. Only a few challenges were ever noticed and those suggestions were addressed immediately and satisfactorily. I would consider bringing a family member here if the time came for their need of this type of facility

RMWalls July 27, 2011

My mother has been here since May of 2007. She has gone from not quite needing to be in a memory care unit to being in a wheelchair and mostly unable to feed herself. The staff has been loving and compassionate throughout. Complaints and suggestions are addressed immediately and satisfactorily. I would bring my Mom here if I had to make the decision again.

From Elmcroft of Little Avenue

Elmcroft of Little Avenue is nestled in a small, quiet neighborhood community in south Charlotte, North Carolina is known for its home-like atmosphere. Nearby Pineville, a thriving town of 3,500 people, is well known for the charming antique shops that line Main Street. For those seeking the excitement of the big city, downtown Charlotte is just 9 miles to the north. Rich in history and tradition as well as all that progress has to offer, the Charlotte area is the perfect setting for Elmcroft of Little Avenue, where our assisted living residents enjoy the best of both worlds on a daily basis.

Accommodations and Services

Elmcroft of Little Avenue is a Charlotte assisted living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Little Avenue has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Little Avenue, Charlotte features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each assisted living apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Little Avenue is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Elmcroft of Little Avenue is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Little Avenue, North Carolina assisted living community.

Features of Elmcroft of Little Avenue