Brookdale South Charlotte

5515 Rea Road, Charlotte, NC, 28226

Reviews of Brookdale South Charlotte

anonymous109337450 August 31, 2015

A friend of mine's mother is in the assisted living side of Brookdale South Charlotte. You walk in, and it looks nice -- kind of like an old southern plantation house. The two girls we talked to were helpful, but when I got upstairs to the memory care area, I was very disappointed because it was very small. If I remember correctly, 20 people is all they could take, and I was just disappointed in what I saw up there. I think the rooms were OK. It was just so small, and I didn't see any activities going on. It was like people just sitting around, and I was just disappointed.

Caring109596550 July 21, 2015

I would recommend Brookdale South Charlotte; the facility was very nice. The staff seemed to be very professional and knowledgeable, and they took a lot of time with me. I had a good visit with them. It would have been perfect because it’s less than 5 minutes from my house, but it was too expensive. I like the rooms and the way it was kept up; it was clean and newer, too.

Caring105154250 April 18, 2015

Brookdale South Charlotte was beautiful. It would be #1 on our list if it didn't have elevators. My mother-in-law is very claustrophobic, and it would not be a safe place for her. It was gorgeous. Each room had a bath, and they would have somebody come in and bathe them two times a week. They were excellent in doing laundry twice a week. They had an excellent program. I had absolutely no complaints on what they have going on there. She just does not need to be in a place that's three stories.

Caring101036150 February 28, 2015

Generally, I really liked what I saw in Brookdale South Charlotte. The Alzheimer's area consisted of a small group, but had lots of activities. Most of the people were gathered around the central table in the dining area making pizza crackers. The residents and attendants all seemed to be having a good time. In a separate small social area, a resident was visiting with family or friends. It was definitely very clean. They were able to answer the questions that I had at that time. It was a very nice place.

Larry32 June 19, 2014

Brookdale Place was very nice. The people were very friendly and nice. The rooms and the dining room were also nice.

Devonne March 31, 2014

I toured Brookdale Place, and I thought it was very elegant and very nice. I don't know too much about the people, but the rooms that she showed me were very nice. I guess the living rooms and the eating areas stood out. They also had fireplaces that seemed nice.

Caring75291150 March 16, 2014

Brookdale was the one my mother chose. Her room is fine. The staff have been very good, they kept me informed of everything. If anything happens, they call me immediately. They’ve got activities and I got their daily activities the other day. Mom said the food is very good. They have a dining room in a little area and the ladies go there to be served.

Pamela9 August 26, 2013

The people that work at Brookdale Place showed me around and they were very informative. I really liked it. However, they were full and they had no room for mom. They had a very nice dining room with a bar on the side. They had a garden.

Paul7 June 19, 2013

We really liked Brookdale Place of South Charlotte. The rooms were very nice and very homey. We spoke to quite a few people staying there and everyone was very positive. We liked it very much. We're on a waiting list.

Julanne September 13, 2012

This was one of the cleanest homelike environments I have ever toured. The residents and staff interaction displayed genuine caring and friendships that went far beyond traditional caregiving. I could only be so lucky to have such a loving environment for my senior days. The dedication to quality of life and respect toward all is a real blessing!

Helen_A July 06, 2012

This facility was very nice compared to others that I have visited. It was a very nice building and seemed lively (as opposed to the extremely bland facilities that I had seen in the past), the grounds were very nice as well so that was a definite plus for anyone who wanted to go get some fresh air. The staff was very nice and helped me find my grandmothers room along with giving me a little tour of the facilities. Overall, it seemed like a very good place for my grandmother to be - she seems to be enjoying herself with the freedom she has and only complained that she didn't have as many choices on things to eat!

Ryan W June 30, 2012

The staff at Brooksdale Place were very kind and courteous during the time we were visiting there. They were more than happy to show us all around the facility and were very amiable with the residents there. You could tell that the residents and the staff had a very close relationship just by walking around. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. My Grandma was immediately taken with the facility. We moved her in very soon after our tour. My Grandma was at her happiest while she was here until she passed. The building and surrounding area is absolutely beautiful as well, it is very peaceful and well kept. The staff takes very good care of the building as well as the residents living there. I would highly recommend Brooksdale Place to anyone looking for an assisted living facility. If you want a facility where your relative, your friend, or even you, can feel safe and welcome then I implore you to move in at Brooksdale Place.

sfredgja98273 May 19, 2012

The place was very neat and organized. My grandmother was very happy to be in a nice comfortable home and i felt a little better that she wasnt at her house, living alone, in danger of say......falling with nobdy around to help her. The staff was very kind to her right as she moved in not long ago, maybe 2 or 3 weeks. As i said before is i just got something HUGE taken off of my shoulders thanks to the Brookdale Place.

charlottegirl January 24, 2012

I have a friend who is related to a resident at Brookdale Village. Because I am close with her Grandmother, I have also visited the facility on several occasions. My first impression of the facility has always been that it is neat and clean. The grounds are well manicured and there is a good amount of open space available for residents who wish to spend time outside. The staff are also friendly and helpful. I have been with my friend on two different occasions when she asked questions of the nursing staff and her questions are always immediately addressed. On one of these occasions, a nursing director was also brought in to help with question without hesitation when the staff member didn't have the answer immediately available. This facility is an assisted living facility and I really appreciate how residents are treated with respect and their unique level of independence is truly valued. I have seen staff members help a resident to get down the hall, as well as politely smile when a resident said they didn't want assistance (but still keep a bit of a watchful eye to make sure that the resident remained safe). The rooms are quite large and again, individuality seems to be very respected. I have seen a couple of rooms in this facility where residents had several of their personal belongings displayed, such as photographs and figurines. The activity schedule at this facility seems quite full, offering residents as much social and / or mental stimulation as they might like. There has always been a good variety of activities, so the facility seems to cater to residents who enjoy all different types of things. If I had to say anything negative about this facility it would be that I have heard the food is a little bland and the menu doesn't offer a huge amount of variety. The dining room is nice though, and the staff there seem very friendly. Over all I would certainly recommend this facility to a friend or family member if they were looking for an assisted living level of care.

lsmooney December 08, 2011

I have been to several different assisted living facilities to visit friends and relatives. Brookdale was the best of these by far. The building is beautiful in and of itself. I liked the receptionist area and the staff there. They were very helpful in directing me to the area my aunt was staying in. I was greeted by many of the staff and residents as I made my way to her room which I found to be nice. The area was calm and clean though some of the rooms I passed had the "dirty diaper" smell so often associated with "nursing homes." My aunt's room was nice and larger than I expected it to be. She was being attended to by a very nice worker when I arrived. My aunt was being well cared for, she said, though she was, of course, anxious to get back home as this was to be a temporary stay for her. I lunched with her and found the food to be fine though she said the menu was not as varied as she would like overall. I looked at the activities schedule and it was nice and full so I know the mental and social stimulation was good. Should I need to stay at a facility in the future, I would choose Brookdale or one similar.

buglehorn July 18, 2011

Brookdale Place of South Charlotte is a beautiful assisted living facility in the southern part of Charlotte. Overall, I really enjoyed our visit to this facility. Friendly staff took the time to show us around, introduce us to some of the residents, and talk to us about what a typical day entails. They not only showed me around, but they took the time to answer my questions and talk to me about my concerns. The facilities were not the best that I have seen, and that is why I'm giving it only 4 stars, but I place a much higher emphasis on staff than facilities. First impression is that this facility would treat my grandma right, and that is the most important thing to me. I like the area as well, and the climate allows for moderate temperatures year round, while still letting my grandma enjoy the four different seasons that she loves so much. I do not know if this is where she will end up, but I have been impressed so far.

From Brookdale South Charlotte

Brookdale South Charlotte provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Charlotte, NC community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale South Charlotte can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale South Charlotte is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Charlotte, NC community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale South Charlotte

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours