Brookdale Cotswold

3610 Randolph Road, Charlotte, NC, 28211

Reviews of Brookdale Cotswold

Leslie7 October 25, 2014

My mother-in-law is in the Alzheimer’s unit at Emeritus at Eastover. Seemed to be that she enjoys it there, and they are doing a good job with her. It seems to be updated; she is in a nice room with a nice setup, and there is a bathroom in the common area.

Tropicallady September 23, 2014

Emeritus at Eastover seemed like a nice place. The people were nice. The lady that took me on a tour was very nice. The rooms seemed nice compared to one other place I had been. It all seemed great. I thought the rooms were spacious. The model that they showed me was very homey looking. I think I was probably going to place my dad there, but with his mobility issues, they decided he was too much of a fall risk at night, and that they weren't be able to handle that. Other than that, I probably would have selected them.

Pat89749950 August 31, 2014

I’m not easily impressed but everything was great at Emeritus. The staff gave me all the information and they looked nice. They gave us a tour and then we came back and we met some people that were staying there in the assisted living community who were very nice. I deliberately went at lunch time because I figured the cafeteria or dining room would be full and I watched the reaction the people had when the staff walked by. I was impressed with the way the people felt. They felt relaxed, comfortable and happy with the staff. The dining room was really immaculate. It was clean and they had a nice menu. It had good selection of food. There were waiters and the waitresses that were all dressed like in one of the fancy restaurants. There were people sitting around talking; and when they were finished eating, they went to another place and talk. As we were leaving they were having bingo. They had activities too so that interests me also. The facility was in good shape. In fact there was a fence outside that I saw that was broken, and I went there twice, and when I went back that broken fence was repaired; so that was a good sign that they do fix things. The only thing was they had more people there visiting than they had staff to show you around; but they manage it well though. I thought they were understaffed for the visitors coming in. It may have been that some people had just got in and not made an appointment.

Charlotte14 April 12, 2014

Emeritus was real homey. The rooms were very nice and the lady that was there was very nice. They had couches and TVs in different places where you can sit together and talk. The room was like the size of a good size master bedroom; there was plenty of room for a bed, a chair and a chest. They had a real cute dining room setup, and it’s almost like in a restaurant. They had a separate facility downstairs for the memory care unit. They were able to keep them secure and still be a homey environment. It seemed like a really nice place. You had to bring your own furniture though, and the price was a bit high for us.

Woody4 April 02, 2014

I just got back from Emeritus. It was my mother-in-law's birthday today. We had dinner with her: 84 years old, and the staff there was awesome. They're very friendly, and they stay busy. They're knowledgeable and courteous, but my wife didn't seem to be happy with the care that they're getting. My mother-in-law has a 1-bedroom, like an L-shaped room with a bathroom inside it, a little sink and mirror at the door, and a nice, little room. We're happy with what she has. It's large enough for her. They impressed me tremendously.

James77308950 February 14, 2014

I found a good community. I like it very much and I'm very happy with it. The food here is very good and the people are fine. I have a one bedroom apartment with very nice glass windows. It's nice and bright so I'm enjoying it. When I moved in, we decorated the room and my children helped me put up lots of pictures.

I moved to Emeritus at Eastover mostly because of it's location being close to eight of my children. They have a lot of activities here. They take us out to lunch in a restaurant once a week just for a change. I would highly recommend it

Caring010115 January 31, 2014

Emeritus at Eastover was very comfortable, homey and welcoming. The people were friendly. The food was also very good. There were activities in-house all day as well as trips for the residents.

Rosa Munoz December 23, 2013

The facility is like a five stars Hotel, it's excellent and the personal is very friendly. Really is a place where I would like to live when I needed.

Bobby5 November 21, 2013

I did visit Emeritus. It was a very nice facility. It was probably our first choice. It did have a nice and warm atmosphere. The staff there was very friendly. In terms of location, it was also very convenient to downtown. They have several sizes of rooms there. I believe they have studio, studio-plus, and one-bedroom apartments. I like the studio-plus because was nice and it did give a little bit more room for the residents. The one-bedroom was nice as well.

Concerned120 November 07, 2013

I looked at this place for a loved one with memory issues. When I got in there, the people on the entrance floor were nice. They take you to the basement for the memory center. It is dark, smelly, and the people there just sit in one room and drool. It was sad to see them parked like that. I would not give this place a second chance at all.

John67952050 September 27, 2013

We choose Emeritus at Eastover because of the people there and the physical appearance of the place. They are very welcoming, friendly and warm. They are very thorough in explaining on what they do there, the nature of the activities and the nature of the plan. They have everything that you can imagine for older people. My mother is 102 and she doesn't partake in many activities. They have transportation for them to go places. The food is fine. They are very flexible and open when it comes to visitation. They are of good value for the price.

Caring072401 August 13, 2013

Emeritus was a beautiful property with a very huge staircase in the main area. Some residents went up and down the stairs but there were elevators also. My husband and daughter chose it while I was in the hospital. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room was a little bigger than a dorm room with a sink in the room and not in the bathroom. There were days when we had good meals and other days it was not so good. Everything was very well-kept. There was a gardener who came twice a week to mow the grass so it looked beautiful all the time. Every Thursday, the activity director took anyone who wanted to go out to lunch and we paid our own. We had trivia games, battles of the sexes, word games which we could take back to our rooms. I would recommend this place to others.

Debbie33 July 30, 2013

Emeritus at Eastover was an impressive facility. It was nicer than I had expected. The staff was very friendly and very personable. When my mom was there initially, she continually talked about how good and impressive the food was. However, lately I have developed some concerns with this facility. When mom had been there for just about a month, she fell and broke her hip. While she was in a different facility for a rehab, my husband and I went back to Emeritus to get her additional clothing. The entire time we were there, the only staff member we saw was their receptionist and that was concerning. I think that anybody who put a loved one in that facility needs to keep his or her eyes open. Emeritus, on the other hand, can improve by keeping their eyes on their residents and being aware of what is going on.

Tellitlikeitis May 10, 2013

STAY AWAY from EMERITUS at EASTOVER!!! VERY poor quality of care for the residents, and the individuals who run it just don't want to hear about it. They're struggling financially, so they're cutting costs, leading to tremendous turnover. They're also constantly making "billing errors" (all in their favor, of course) in order to make a little extra money. Please don't let them suck you in with the low rate...consider placing your loved one elsewhere, there are plenty of better options out there!

Mama V February 25, 2013

I love visiting my aunt at Emeritus at Eastover. She is so happy there and the staff are so nice and helpful. She has really enjoyed making new friends there and participating in all the activities they have. I have eaten with her on several occasions and the food is always delicious!

Pisces56 February 07, 2013

The owners of the community are experiencing financial problems due to bad business acquisitions and their communities are suffering. Things were ok at the beginning but have deteriorated in last 3 months. It will take months for them to recover and in meantime residents suffer and they expect the rent/fees to be paid on time. Quality of living all around is terrible. Please consider not moving your love one in here at this time!

Loving Sister 1 November 28, 2012

My sister was in Emeritus for about a month or so. It was a very nice and comfortable facility. I really have no complaints. It's just that when we would go over there, everybody would be sleeping. Neurologically, it wasn't too stimulating. They didn't seem to have activities to engage the clients. And I certainly understand. At the point when my sister was in there, she was in transition in terms of medication to control her anxiety, hallucination, and she was agitated. It's a very, very difficult situation with Alzheimer's patients. There are different levels of Alzheimer's patients there.

With regard to food, it seem very balanced in terms of all the food groups. The staff there was very, very friendly. Although they seem to be understaffed during the weekends. I think they're doing the best they can.

PassingThrough459 June 29, 2012

The facility was very nice and well maintained. The staff was friendly and the location is convenient. We found the residents to appear most happy with their environment and the food they served was fantastic. We chose another facility due to the costs but Emeritus at Eastover would have been our first choice had that not been a factor.

From Brookdale Cotswold

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Cotswold

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Staff patient ratio: AL 13 to 1; MC 8 to 1

• Licenses: NC State Certification AL and Special Care Unit
  • State License(s): HAL-060-110

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Cotswold